PDA

View Full Version : hazzard fuse keeps blowing when key turned on

kiwijase
22nd February 2013, 08:08 AM
Hi Guys.
Ive just finished repainting my wagon and doing alot of body work.
For some reason when I turn the key on,and then the hazzard switch my fuse keeps blowing.Ive pulled all the blinkers out and checked the wiring,all looks ok. Im thinking the switch got a little damp being left out overnite and moisture is causing the short,so I opened the switch up and it seems ok?
It only happens when i turn the switch on when the key is on.....dont monet having no hazzards but its the same circuit as the blinkers bugger it.
Anyone have any ideas?
I was also searching for the pic of an english fuse panel diagram but cant find it anywhere on the site?

threedogs
22nd February 2013, 09:59 AM
Have you recently fitted a trailer plug ?
The Y61 will blow Hazard fuses with extra lights from trailer
to fix all that was required was a bigger fuse.
for you I'd break out the multi meter and see whats happening.

kiwijase
22nd February 2013, 10:11 AM
Hiya threedogs.
Mines a y60/gq..........there is a trailer plug attached but it hasnt been played with while I was doing work.I might just dissconnect it anyways to see.
I cant work it out,all was well before I cut the bottoms of the rear quarters off,moved all wires way out the way too.
It will only pop when I activate the hazzards,with the key on.

threedogs
22nd February 2013, 10:19 AM
Follow the loom on top of chassis, seen enough dual cab chops to notice stuff gets cut when grinding.
Body may have rubbed through the loom, grab a good torch and check, your problem has to be there IMO
as that where all work was done.

kiwijase
22nd February 2013, 11:05 AM
allgood,apparently theres a plug behind the console thats not used in my wagon...using the right plug would have helped....clown