PDA

View Full Version : New model patrol

dumpy
21st February 2013, 05:07 PM
Got my patrol serviced today and while I was there checked out the new patrol. Very nice rig but was told the base model was 88 thousand. Disappointed that Nissan has made a luxury 4wd, I fear the average man is going to look a prados for better value for money. I would be happy at Toyota. What are other people's thoughts on the new Nissan patrol

macca86
21st February 2013, 05:10 PM
They are still selling the gu along side it thank god

Maxhead
21st February 2013, 05:12 PM
The new model is great....about time.
Selling the Y61 along side was the best decision they have made though :)

threedogs
21st February 2013, 05:16 PM
X 2 with Nisshead , most will be lease I would think, Still selling Y61
who knows may be engine change in new model Y61 to V6 diesel

macca86
21st February 2013, 05:27 PM
That v6 diesel is suppose to be the ducks nuts it may be a Peugeot motor but they have been making good motors for years

nickpeacock36
21st February 2013, 06:26 PM
Saw my first one on the road this morning inGeebung. No plans to bring a diesel to Aus as yet thouvh Macca.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

koliilok
23rd February 2013, 04:32 PM
It looks like the sort of vehicle you would never take off road, purely for city driving really.

the godfather
23rd February 2013, 04:59 PM
Big, about a fool longer than a GU; heavy, much much heavy. I just had to boost up the pressures on a car carrier to get it to lift the dam things.

MQ MAD
27th February 2013, 09:37 AM
Got my patrol serviced today and while I was there checked out the new patrol. Very nice rig but was told the base model was 88 thousand. Disappointed that Nissan has made a luxury 4wd, I fear the average man is going to look a prados for better value for money. I would be happy at Toyota. What are other people's thoughts on the new Nissan patrol

The average man wont want to skull drag a 26 foot van around the country
If its towing the main purpose a 300KW V8 patrol will lunch a prado
Two different market bases
Whats the next option out there,in a large 4x4 V8 powered, the cruiser
Why do toyota always have the jump on nissan, theyve had the V8 cruiser for ages,now do a dual cab V8 turbo diesel cruiser as well
The dual cab market is huge, lets see nissan do a factory dual cab patrol, V8 powered,priced well,itll sell like hot cakes

healy
27th February 2013, 09:40 AM
Actually seen one of these out in the bush the other day it was stock so couldn't imagine it got to far