PDA

View Full Version : Big6 Intro

Big6
3rd December 2010, 09:00 PM
Hi to you all, I'm new to this site so this is my opportunity to intro myself and my rig. I have a 95 GQ DX 6 Wheeler, GU Factory Turbo TD4.2T plant, Recaro buckets, roof consule incl UHF cb and a very nice sound system to listen to whilst travelling the outback. The tray has a fully enclosed box on it 2 x sidedoors & a double barn door at rear, the interior is fully insulated covered with 8mm marine ply and finished with marine charcoal carpet. AC/DC power system 6 x 6Volt 100ahr batteries carged either C-Tec MULTI XS 15000 or the C-Tec DC to DC D250S or the standard REDARC SmartStart. Engel 2.0 Generator. Kitchen/stove/Cupboard combo, 120ltr gravity fed stainless steel water tank. Double/bed Waeco 50ltr. 6 Wheeler/Lazy with 2 x spares on the rear. Stainless/Steel Roof Cage on 3 cross members, 4 x Rooftop Spotlights, ARB Bullbar with Spots. Hayman Reese Heavy Duty Towbar that tows a Phoenix Scorpion single axle 16ft Off-Road Caravan wich include 2 x AGM 120ahr Bats, 2 x 80 watt Solar Panels, 2 x 150ltr Water Tanks.
My wife and I live in Nth Qld and we like to get away from it all for 2 or 3 months and be able to stay out for as long as posible before refueling etc. It may look as if a few things I've doubled up on, but our way of thinking, if I can't get the van in I'm pretty sure I'll get the truck in, then we can live in that for upto 5 days

AB
3rd December 2010, 09:03 PM
Good intro mate, welcome to the forum!

I have moved your post here so others can see it better.

Please feel free to ask anything and join in the conversations.

Woof
3rd December 2010, 09:11 PM
Welcome Big6, enjoy the forum mate and we would all like to see some photos of that monster you drive..

Bigrig
3rd December 2010, 10:31 PM
Love it, love it, love it ... my old man does heaps of long distance and remote touring and would dead set chew your ear off if he had half a chance - great setup all round by the sounds mate!!!

YNOT
3rd December 2010, 11:59 PM
Welcome to the forum Big6, that sounds like an amazing set up, I'd like to see some photos of it.

Tony

Bellos
4th December 2010, 08:18 AM
I can't wait for photos of this beast! Welcome to the forum mate

Maxhead
4th December 2010, 10:26 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

wildgu6
4th December 2010, 12:18 PM
Welcome to Trol town Buddy.
Good to see you on board the best forum around.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and experience with plenty of good advice.
Sounds like you would have a bit to share as well.
Great intro buddy, and sounds like a great 2nd home.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well. Like the guys say, would love to see some pics of your beast.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

Finly Owner
4th December 2010, 09:27 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House, Great Intro, sounds like A definate home on wheels. I'm Jealous! Some pics would definately be appreciated by all. Continue to enjoy our great outdoors the pair of you.

Tim

GU 2.8
4th December 2010, 09:32 PM
welcome, look forward to seeing some pics of your truck

lthall
5th December 2010, 04:29 PM
Hi Big6 and welcome to the forum! A few pictures would be great!

Big6
5th December 2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the welcome, we are seen at the Pt Douglas Markets every Sunday, more than happy to have a chat, I must admit what you build for your own requirements and situations do suprise you sometimes, then you realize it's just great being a true Patrol freak lol.

NissanGQ4.2
5th December 2010, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the forum Big6

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing to help out where they can

Very nice sounding rig you and the missus have, looking forward to seeing some pics posted :)

Enjoy the forum and what it has to offer

Cheers

Todd

big_fletch
5th December 2010, 06:38 PM
Welcome to the forums mate, can't wait to see some photos

patch697
8th December 2010, 01:03 PM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.