PDA

View Full Version : 11/07 GU vi 3lt ddti

chrysler
20th February 2013, 03:17 PM
g`day had quite a few probs with this car when i 1st bought it ..had a horrible noise when cold .sounded like a real metal bearing noise ,,nissan said turbo..so i had the turbo replaced at my cost ,still the same noise.took my original turbo to the diesel speciast an they told me the turbo was fine .$750.00 door stop now:harhar:, the car wouldn`t get off the mark like it used to .realy lagging till the turbo kicked ~2200rpm ,i then took the car to this special about the noise he heard it and said "I know what that is " he went on to tell me it was a manifold leak at #1 they machined the manifold and bingo no noise ,,I swore black an blue this was a machanical noise it sounded like a destroyed bearing when cold (the misses was embarrassed to drive away from school (she`s a teacher)but alass i was wrong ..but still have the issue of no bottom end power .an being auto seems to rev out a bit too much before gear change..:blowup:not finished:clapping:.when you drive 110km with cruze ctl it seems to drop gears to far it will go from 2300 rpm to 4500+ wich scares the shite out me ..atm have just cleaned MAF an disconnected battery so if anyone could help I will put up a carton for the forum
regards ROB

threedogs
20th February 2013, 03:27 PM
Remove a spray/clean your MAF sensor.or replace check your TPS if maf is good
Do any errors show up ????????????? No boost?? all vacuum hoses on.
Just throwing it all out there, I call it networking lol
Check all fittings under engine cowl

chrysler
20th February 2013, 03:40 PM
it`s 41.4 outthere ATM the maf is blank ,white g/y,g/y,pink,black guess i will go back down the shed an check vac hoses an TPS???

93patrol
20th February 2013, 03:43 PM
throttle position switch

chrysler
20th February 2013, 04:06 PM
looks like maf does not seal properly ?? it has a rubber gasket.. and where might i find the tps thankyou in advance

happygu
20th February 2013, 05:20 PM
TPS will be under your right foot.....

Mic

happygu
20th February 2013, 05:21 PM
Chrysler, It looks like you are up for a new MAF as yours isn't sealing up properly, and this might resolve some of your problems.

chrysler
20th February 2013, 05:31 PM
ty guys think i might try some stiky stuff in a tube ..lol... to seal it .as for the tps yep i found that ..some one didnt tell me not to remove the three nuts ...end up with spring an plastic bits flyin .lol all back together so will let you know how i get on
cheers Rob