PDA

View Full Version : Intro and a question!

TasHal
20th February 2013, 08:04 AM
G'day everyone, Hal here, im from Hobart, Tasmania! looking at buying my first patrol soon, I spent alot of my younger years four wheel driving with my dad in the northern territory and also in South Africa as we use to live there. Finally at age 24 im look at getting my first 4x4!

Im currently looking at two MK patrols which are both the same year (1985) and am just after some advice on which one you guys think would be the better option.

first option:
MK Patrol 1985, gold in colour, has been very well looked after and is in pretty amazing condition, Engine is a petrol L28 2.8, has elec trailer brake setup, has only done 140,000, no rust.

Second choice:
MK Patrol 1985, silver in colour, has been serviced every 10,000, is a little bit rougher with a tiny little bit of rust, engine is the 3.5 turbo diesel, has done over 300,000. New tyres.

DX grunt
20th February 2013, 08:08 AM
G'day mate

Welcome to the the forum and glad you could join us.

There's a few Taswegians on here that you might be able to meet 'n greet.

Great to see a young fella about to spend his money wisely.

I've never been into MK's, but I'm sure the MK guru's will be able to help with your final decision.

Take care out there.

Rossco

BigRAWesty
20th February 2013, 08:17 AM
Welcome mate. Sounds like 2 great starting options there.
What's the asking price on each?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

AB
20th February 2013, 08:33 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, if you don't get much response here you might be better off asking any questions in other categories as a lot of people don't read the intro's.

growler2058
20th February 2013, 08:36 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

TasHal
20th February 2013, 08:47 AM
Cheers mate, they both have 5 grand on them.

Hal

Bloodyaussie
20th February 2013, 09:01 AM
Welcome aboard mate................

jack
20th February 2013, 09:27 AM
Welcome aboard, I'm just back last night from a holiday in your wonderful state. Wish I had taken the Patrol instead of the KIA hire car we ended up with! Lots of 4WD places down there. Saw lots of Patrols in my travels so you won't be lonely. Good luck with the purchase, I'd recommend you look at something a little newer but all depends on your finances.
Whatever model you buy, enjoy it.

wildgu6
20th February 2013, 10:04 AM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

BigRAWesty
20th February 2013, 10:30 AM
Well then iTs really your choice. The 3ltr td will outlast the petrol but may need maintenance sooner due to more k's on the clock.
Take them for a drive. You'll soon know which one to buy..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

taslucas
20th February 2013, 11:35 AM
Gday mate, welcome aboard. Great to see another tasmaniac in the forum. Both options sound good. Are you sure the diesel is a 3.5lt? I reckon it's probably the SD33T engine (3.3lt turbo diesel). With a good service history like that the diesel will be fine for a couple of hundred thousand more ks.
Not sure what your budget is but there are a lot of good value GQs on the market in tas at the moment. There's a couple of beauties actually!
A few weeks ago there wad a 4.2 diesel lwb maverick on gumtree in the Hobart area for $4000. Bargain!

FanTapstic!

threedogs
20th February 2013, 12:40 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

MEGOMONSTER
20th February 2013, 04:23 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

my third 256
21st February 2013, 05:40 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Maxhead
21st February 2013, 07:05 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

healy
21st February 2013, 03:28 PM
Welcome to the forum mate