PDA

View Full Version : cruise control problems

vb101
18th February 2013, 10:18 PM
hi guys, problems with cruise control.won't work when there is alot of wet weather(welcome to queensland) don't know where to start to find a solution.where does it run from?. .turns on but won't set. need it to stop speeding fines. any help greatly appeciated.98 4.5L wagon great rig!

mcleod
18th February 2013, 10:57 PM
I got a prob with my cruise swell, at this stage I am going to check the grounding is still good for the system. Don't know whether poor grounding is an issue on patrols but if things not grounded correctly would think there be issues.

threedogs
18th February 2013, 11:02 PM
Yendor would be your man, but check magnets if any still on tail shaft and
of course check any earths and redo

GUIIIpatrol
19th February 2013, 10:21 AM
Not sure if it has the same as Commodores, but if you have a brake light out that stops you from setting the cruise. As you are able to cancel the cruise by touching that brakes, the whole brake light circuit must be complete, i.e. all brake light globes working not blown, including the barn door one. Just a thought.

the evil twin
19th February 2013, 11:28 AM
Not sure if it has the same as Commodores, but if you have a brake light out that stops you from setting the cruise. As you are able to cancel the cruise by touching that brakes, the whole brake light circuit must be complete, i.e. all brake light globes working not blown, including the barn door one. Just a thought.

Not sure about the 98 models but on later Patrols if it is factory cruise then it should be a seperate micro switch on the brake pedal and not part of the brake lights.

VB1010... Have a quick look and if there are two micros on the brake pedal one is for cruise

Also... is the speedo working correctly?

megatexture
19th February 2013, 12:43 PM
Yea I think its separate there are two switches on the brake pedal one lights one cruise .. I think

vb101
19th February 2013, 09:49 PM
thanks for reply. will check micro switch and go from there. speedo is good and it is factory cruise.soon as it stops raining i can have a look.