PDA

View Full Version : Dust in paint new 2012 gu 8 patrol

Jim-m-72
18th February 2013, 08:31 PM
Has anyone else had issues with what looks like dust in the base coat of the paint from factory. I found one spot before the first service and it was repaired took 2 goes though. Since then I have found several others so at the last service I got the painter to look over it with me we found them on every pannel so I am waiting to hear back as to when I can get it fixed needs a full respray. Under warranty Nissan are being a bit slow though.
Jim

MudRunnerTD
18th February 2013, 08:38 PM
Wow!!! Really! Get on them mate

megatexture
18th February 2013, 09:31 PM
That's very sloppy on there behalf, so much for quality control! At least you will have a thicker coat of paint by the end of it and better protection as I doubt they will remove any of the original paint.

mcleod
18th February 2013, 09:52 PM
That's pretty bad, wouldnt have thought much an excuse for that.

Jim-m-72
19th February 2013, 08:09 PM
I thought it was pretty much a ppe but at least they are doing something about it I hope,it should never have left the factory the way it is. I think they were not wearing there glasses. Lol it's the sort of mark that you only see in certain light, on a bright sunny day you can't see them through the metal flake but on a cloudy day they show up.
Jim

Ronin
20th February 2013, 05:10 PM
Wow.. mine is a new GU8 2012 as well, white . I havent seen any one mine but will double check. What colour is urs ?

happygu
20th February 2013, 05:18 PM
Mine is white as well, and I have a couple of spots - which were a little annoying at first, but it has all faded away now that the car is bush pinstriped.....

Mic

threedogs
20th February 2013, 05:52 PM
Yeah right Nissan fixing something under warranty Ho Ho Ho it is to Laugh
Is it a visual or texture thing that made you notice it

NP99
20th February 2013, 06:01 PM
Go the jugular on them. You pay good $, so take no crap from them.

Jim-m-72
25th February 2013, 08:45 PM
Hi guys mine is the gold 2012 colour and i first noticed the marks when washing on an overcast day as a mark that would not wash away it looks like a realy small dimple in the paint. Nissan did repair the first one but I have found many more since then but only in the the right light conditions. the only panel not affected is the rear bumper. when i spoke to the painter he said it was like dust in the base coat, if it was the top clear coat it would be an easy fix. still waiting on a call back from nissan for aproval but could cost them a full respray. I did say leave it untill the lease runs out or add the cost to my trade in when it happens but they want it done now.
Jim