PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

travisf
18th February 2013, 03:19 PM
Hi to all,
My name is Travis, I'm in the Barossa Valley.

A few weeks ago we were talking about all the fun we used to have in our 4x4's. We started with a Diahatsu F10L with the big 1litre engine in the early 80's. The Motor blew so we converted it to a Toyota R12 with F20 diffs. You've never really been 4x4'ing unless its in a soft top with canvas doors and sides in the bulldust in the Top End. Talk about gluttons for punishment. :)
In 97 we bought a GQ ST. What a car!. Previous owner had pretty well fully optioned it including a lift and big turbo on the 4.2 diesel. Had five years of fun. Extremely reliable. Stupid me sold it because I wanted to start a business.
And now here I am. Got rid of the business and the Minister of Finance said I could look for a new 4x4 , only demand was that it be Silver. We looked at lots of options but kept going back to the Patrol. We were considering new because of reasonable deals on at the moment but have now bought a low Km Silver GU8 ST Auto with steel bullbar, towbar and reversing sensors. It will make a good base for touring.

I have one big problem though!
I can't get a look in at driving it! :(
Between the Wife and the (grown up) Kids I've barely driven it since we picked it up.

DX grunt
18th February 2013, 03:23 PM
G'day Travis

Welcome to the forum and glad you could join us.

Easy solution to your 'little' problem....... Invest in a couple of wheel clamps with different keys! lol.

Run a book and your family can make 'driving appointments'. PML.

Remember.....there's no friends in business. lol

Take care out there.

Rossco

Bloodyaussie
18th February 2013, 03:30 PM
Welcome aboard mate........

AB
18th February 2013, 03:30 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Maxhead
18th February 2013, 03:36 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

lorrieandjas
18th February 2013, 03:45 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum!

Jas

growler2058
18th February 2013, 04:02 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice
Great to see another crow eater on board

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

healy
18th February 2013, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

threedogs
18th February 2013, 05:20 PM
Yeah Hi Travis You'll find gaining access a dilema, but hey you get that on the big jobs.
welcome by the way, now go join a club so you and the MOF can do a driver awareness
Course, God forbid anything happens to you, your wife will have the capabilities to drive your 4x4.
Jump in anytime and enjoy

r2d2
18th February 2013, 06:14 PM
Welcome to this wonderful forum

MEGOMONSTER
18th February 2013, 07:41 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

ajaxism
18th February 2013, 07:42 PM
hey mate welcome to the forum.

i've learnt so much about my patrol within the 6 months lurking these forums

Morton
18th February 2013, 08:47 PM
welcome mate, enjoy the site, cya on the tracks sometime

GU_Nemesis
18th February 2013, 11:01 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum. Best bunch of guys and heaps of information on here. Enjoy :)

wildgu6
19th February 2013, 04:35 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Pull rank mate and get behind the wheel, the miss's will get over it and the kids can get their own

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

GU CAMPER
19th February 2013, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the Forum

Now get out there and take the Patrol for a spin

BigRAWesty
19th February 2013, 06:06 PM
Welcome mate. Pitty you bought the wife a car.. better go get another... :cool:
Were actually heading your way for easter. Hitting up kapunda, women want to do the scenic thing. Any good intermediate tracks threw there?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

travisf
20th February 2013, 10:12 AM
Welcome mate. Pitty you bought the wife a car.. better go get another... :cool:
Were actually heading your way for easter. Hitting up kapunda, women want to do the scenic thing. Any good intermediate tracks threw there?

I actually haven't done much exploring around here. Plenty of dirt roads to explore but nothing that really requires 4 wheel drive. Burra Creek Gorge at Worlds End might be might be worth a visit. Not too far from Kapunda. Bit of a picnic ground and water holes. Only a couple of k's of track though.

"www.4x4earth.com.au" has a listing of some of the tracks around Australia. It does mention a few here in South Oz.

We'll be out exploring again soon. I suppose now that I don't have a business I should find a job to pay for it all. Lucky the other half has a good job and keeps me in the manner I'm accustomed to. :)

.... The Barossa, So Much Wine, So Little Time!

my third 256
21st February 2013, 05:47 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

ajaxism
21st February 2013, 04:07 PM
welcome to the forum matey.