PDA

View Full Version : stuck speedo

billnext
17th February 2013, 07:43 PM
Hello everyone,
Hope some one might be able to give us some advice.
We are about to buy a 1984 3.3turbo diesel SWB nissan patrol with 35" muddies. It seems in good condition a bit bashed around and old but drives well and feels powerful - about 390 000 on the clock
However, the speedo gets stuck around 30 KmPH. We have no idea how much this could potetially cost to fix and the seller is not interested in us paying for a RWC asessment.
Your opinions would be appreciated. Its up for grabs at 2500 without the tyers (which i think are illegal anyway) ,CB radio and sound system. Dont want any of those in any case, but just a reliable bush basher.
Thanks very much,
billnext

Lieney
17th February 2013, 07:58 PM
Mate, not sure if you have been to the intro thread yet, but it's always a nice idea to say g'day and tell us a little about yourself.
You'd be surprised how much assistance people are willing to offer.

billnext
17th February 2013, 09:28 PM
appologies if this has offended any one! G'day!
I am a friendly guy who likes cars and am looking at getting a new patrol, im five foot ten, like goats and spanking the monkey.

Morton
18th February 2013, 08:24 PM
try a new gable for starters & welcome mate, enjoy the site, cya on the tracks sometime

billnext
18th February 2013, 09:34 PM
will do! ('try a new gable for starters') this is a new thing for us and did not expect to get a slap on the wrist as first reaction to our first post either! haha all a bit of fun in any case. we dont take life too seriously, got a mechanic patient of ours to look it over in the end - might go for it! come on the world of patrols!
see youz all in the big yonder!

growler2058
18th February 2013, 09:40 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

Yendor
18th February 2013, 10:06 PM
It could also be a problem in the speedo head.

Remove the speedo head and run it off your cordless drill, if it sticks in the same place there's your problem.

threedogs
18th February 2013, 10:17 PM
Welcome after checking speedo gears you might need one to suit 35"s
then buy a new inner speedo cable ,

Bigrig
19th February 2013, 08:19 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

I'd Tap That!!

MEGOMONSTER
19th February 2013, 01:30 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

healy
19th February 2013, 02:02 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

mudski
19th February 2013, 03:56 PM
Welcome mate. If its the cable your best bet is to remove the cable and get one made. I bet it will be a quarter of the price than a OEM cable.

Northern Lad
19th February 2013, 04:00 PM
Welcome to the form. There seems to be no end to the info on here!

wildgu6
19th February 2013, 04:25 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

Maxhead
19th February 2013, 08:08 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

my third 256
24th February 2013, 04:03 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

GQ TANK
24th February 2013, 10:55 PM
Hi Welcome to the forum.

I had the same problem with my 86 Mk patrol. _ It could be the same fault
'
The speedo neddle bends with age, and is catching on the front panel of the speedo. I could not find a replacement needle - and when I tried stightening it the end broke off. I then filed the end to a point and had a slightly shorter needle that did not catch on the face of the speedo.

Of you try to remove the needle - lever it form behind on both sides

Hawky
25th February 2013, 07:43 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Miketech
25th February 2013, 10:48 PM
Hi, welcome to the forum