PDA

View Full Version : Hi Lift Jack.

Tonks
17th February 2013, 07:54 PM
What do you's reckon,

Ive had my original Hi Lift for at least 25 years now,

Its been thru some very tough & fun times,

Just wondering is an exhaust jack any good, as ive never had one, how do they compare,

Don't need the hi lift for a winch either,

Just starting to think about the weight we are carrying,

Cheers

Tonks

Winnie
17th February 2013, 08:23 PM
I always doubted exhaust jacks, just could not imagine them being able to have so much pressure on them sitting on rocks without piercing. At the Murrindindi meetup I saw one in action lifting up Mudski's rig to change a tyre and I was proven wrong for sure!

Gabe
17th February 2013, 08:35 PM
I'm still a bit weary about them, watched my mate use one on his troopy and when it got most of the way up it split and that was the end of it...

Lieney
17th February 2013, 08:55 PM
As the bag would be made of material that is stitched / glued it would have a service life. Glue failure, stitching worn etc.
Use normal safety procedure either way, don't get under, don't use it to support your vehicle for extended periods etc etc
The issue I have with my exhaust jack is that the nozzle on the bag hose is not big enough to go over the 3" pipe.
Weight concern, crossing sand / Simpson type terrain I'd bring the exhaust jack.
Rock climbing in Vic - hi-lift. That'd be my choice

MudRunnerTD
17th February 2013, 08:57 PM
Rate an exhaust jack very highly. Never leave home without it regardless of being in my GUIV touring or playing Hard inn the GQ! Exhaust Jack wins the day

MudRunnerTD
17th February 2013, 08:59 PM
As the bag would be made of material that is stitched / glued it would have a service life. Glue failure, stitching worn etc.
Use normal safety procedure either way, don't get under, don't use it to support your vehicle for extended periods etc etc
The issue I have with my exhaust jack is that the nozzle on the bag hose is not big enough to go over the 3" pipe.
Weight concern, crossing sand / Simpson type terrain I'd bring the exhaust jack.
Rock climbing in Vic - hi-lift. That'd be my choice

You need to have another look at your exhaust jack. I have not seen one yet that did not fit on a 3" pipe! They have a funnel. It will go over your pipe. PUSH HARDER ;)