PDA

View Full Version : Led lights

Parksy
16th February 2013, 10:06 PM
Hi all

Will be replacing all brake lights, reverse lights and turn signals with led lights. I have a set of the load resistors but this sort of voids the power saving ability of the led and I might just use the led specific flasher unit for the turn signals. I haven't yet looked at the flasher relay in the patrol yet and was wondering if its a 2 pin or 3 pin unit? Where abouts is it located? It's for a 92 gq.

Finally, are the indicator lights that fit in the front bumper readily available? I cannot find them anywhere. eBay sells every other light, except for the ones that sit in the front bumper. I'm talking about the actual amber housing and lense, not the globe.

Cheers

Andy

MudRunnerTD
16th February 2013, 10:21 PM
a GQ with a front Bumper! Wow! i am not sure i even know what that looks like! LOL

the ones that go in a Bull bar are readily available

Parksy
16th February 2013, 10:32 PM
Hehe I didn't even realise I wrote that. I do mean the bullbar.

Do you have a link to them mudrunner?

Yendor
16th February 2013, 10:53 PM
The flasher relay has 3 pins and is mounted on the brake pedal support bracket.

Look above the brake pedal on the LHS and you will see the black plastic rectangle relay.

Lieney
17th February 2013, 02:01 PM
A load resister is really only worthwhile in indicators.
If you plan on swapping out the flasher unit and then fitting LEDs you may by-pass the load-resister issue.
AN aftermarket flasher may be available that is designed for LED lights.
If its to save current flow / fuel efficiency, IMO it would not really outweigh the cost. Unless your car is a Xmas tree

Parksy
17th February 2013, 02:38 PM
Isn't so much about fuel/cost savings. I do like the thought of saving the looms from high current and also stopping the lenses from getting hot and cracking.
But in the end I just like adding my personal touches to my car. :)

Parksy
18th February 2013, 07:27 PM
Couldn't find any genuine bullbar lights so have settled for these items...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LED-Bullbar-Indicator-Light-PAIR-Suit-ARB-and-other-brands-/160894198679?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25760aa397&_uhb=1
Anyone seen these before?