PDA

View Full Version : Why do noobs never put there location in

Bloodyaussie
16th February 2013, 02:28 PM
As above... is it because they think we are going to find out where they live and come and knock off there pride and joy??

Then post something like where do I find a good mechanic and of course we ask....????

Sorry bored at the moment and its to bloody hot outside.....

Need a section..."What cheeses me off".... remember that!!!!

Bob
16th February 2013, 02:31 PM
I agree . You have your location as Thomastown and I would have Buckly's of finding you as I dont know your Surname and that would not be much help.
Surely they can put in an approximate location like say "Central Victoria"

threedogs
16th February 2013, 02:34 PM
Thanks BA was really ticking me off that one, Shite dont want your house number and street just an approx location.

WHAT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,CHEESES........................ .......................ME..OFF lol gold

MEGOMONSTER
16th February 2013, 02:48 PM
As above... is it because they think we are going to find out where they live and come and knock off there pride and joy??

Yes that is exactly what they think.
I was the same, I didn't put a location for a while and then thought f... it , I'll put it on as Melbourne.
Too many thefts down my way, cars, caravans (around the corner) and house burglaries.

threedogs
16th February 2013, 02:57 PM
Need a monster dog to guard the monstermobile

MEGOMONSTER
16th February 2013, 03:04 PM
Naaaaah, something with a bit more muscle. 25780

dads tractor
18th February 2013, 01:43 AM
Naaaaah, something with a bit more muscle. 25780
old eyes slow reaction next

James_R
18th February 2013, 06:25 AM
Probably blokes looking to get their 25 posts and not visit of contribute after that.

Maxhead
18th February 2013, 07:42 AM
"What cheeses me off" - hmm, its theses blokes with 2000+ posts picking on Noobs...bwaahahahahahaha

mudski
18th February 2013, 07:54 AM
Probably blokes looking to get their 25 posts and not visit of contribute after that.
Thats what cheese me off. Same goes for the for sale section. In my opinion it should be 90 days minimum for both. Been done on other forums and proved to keep more member there...

AB
18th February 2013, 08:14 AM
Most of the time they just want to sign up as fast at they can to get what they are after.

Either a question answered, manuals or to open up an attachment from something they have seen.

Each to their own though, they may get their answers and then want to be a part of the community and put more info in later on.

04OFF
18th February 2013, 08:28 AM
Agree, if they cant be bothered to post a location when asking such questions , i cant be bothered to reply.

It should be mandatory, and is courteous to at least input what state you live in ? (no, a drunken state does not count :trink13:)

Bloodyaussie
18th February 2013, 08:33 AM
Agree, if they cant be bothered to post a location when asking such questions , i cant be bothered to reply.

It should be mandatory, and is courteous to at least input what state you live in ? (no, a drunken state does not count :trink13:)

Yes at least what state......

Maxhead
18th February 2013, 08:46 AM
I don't really see any reason why it matters what state someone is when they're only asking if a 33" tyre will fit on their truck.

Personally I do like to see the location but I don't think it should be a deciding factor if you are going to help them or not.

..........on the move

megatexture
18th February 2013, 09:29 AM
I don't really care if they don't put location on their avatar but you would hope they have enough common sense to put a location in a question like needing a mechanic etc.

stevogq
18th February 2013, 10:44 AM
Am I a noob??lol I think I've proved myself on this forum and most people know I'm from craigieburn and sometimes "behind you" lol
cheers stevo.

Bloodyaussie
18th February 2013, 11:00 AM
Am I a noob??lol I think I've proved myself on this forum and most people know I'm from craigieburn and sometimes "behind you" lol
cheers stevo.

Your not a noob Steve you are a NOB!!!!!!!!!!! he he!!!!!

stevogq
18th February 2013, 11:01 AM
Lmao don't speak too soon lol
cheers stevo.

taslucas
18th February 2013, 11:44 AM
I don't really care if they don't put location on their avatar but you would hope they have enough common sense to put a location in a question like needing a mechanic etc.

X2 with this. That is the only time it really matters.

FanTapstic!

Sir Roofy
18th February 2013, 12:41 PM
Its the same old thing ,we thrashed this out a couple of years ago
you cant help any one if they cant say or wont say where they are

most ppl do say n,w,e,s of where ever they live for a machanic or
service of a kind or just want to know something the list goes on

but dont forget these days, ppl scurry about and jump at there own
shadow ,big brother is watching,its sad it has come to this but that
is the way of the modern world

mcleod
18th February 2013, 01:05 PM
sometimes it can come down to not even realising it is an issue or could be an issue with some members. I am certainly new but was focusing more on having a look through the website and exploring what everyone told me in my intro was a great site. For the record, location now updated.

NissanGQ4.2
18th February 2013, 04:11 PM
Sorry BA, I can't put my location in...................

There is a hit list I know of with my name on it.............
I also owe lots of people lots of money..........
I also do recall seeing a Wanted "Dead or Alive" poster with a picture looking kinda like me..........

I don't care if someone steals my sh!t box GQ, they would prolly only get down the road anyway before it broke down :)

P.S: my real name is not Todd if anyone asks!!!

ova50
18th February 2013, 04:29 PM
Im with you on this one BA,
Another forum I use to be on was real bad for that.
And yes questions asked were similar to what you said. "post something like where do I find a good mechanic".

Whether AB may be able to look at revamping the signup page so this has to be added when joining.

I read another forum where a bloke vented the same thing as you have mentioned, and how it peeved him off, by people not putting a location.
Stupid thing was, this same guy also had no location entered, he copped a bagging big time.

Damm, I just had a look to see if I had mine in, (Whew).

And a "What Cheeses me off" sticky section, added.

Drewboyaus
18th February 2013, 05:53 PM
Thats what cheese me off. Same goes for the for sale section. In my opinion it should be 90 days minimum for both. Been done on other forums and proved to keep more member there...

I reckon it's a good idea too.....

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Parksy
18th February 2013, 05:56 PM
I've never got around to putting anything in personally. Will see what I can do...

Winnie
18th February 2013, 06:04 PM
I don't really see any reason why it matters what state someone is when they're only asking if a 33" tyre will fit on their truck.

Personally I do like to see the location but I don't think it should be a deciding factor if you are going to help them or not.

..........on the move

Not very often I will agree with Kris but gotta do it here.

Bloodyaussie
18th February 2013, 06:06 PM
Well I guess you miss the point then.... it's the ones that ask for help but dont say where they are ?????????????????????????

Clunk
18th February 2013, 06:30 PM
Well I guess you miss the point then.... it's the ones that ask for help but dont say where they are ?????????????????????????

I didn't miss the point BA but Im not the caring type and never help anyone, so it doesn't bother me hahahaha :D:D;)

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Maxhead
18th February 2013, 06:32 PM
Not very often I will agree with Kris but gotta do it here.

Hey, hey, hey! we agree on lots...you know....like VB and...and....and...ahhmmm, you know LOTS!!..LOL

growler2058
18th February 2013, 06:38 PM
Yeah thats what i rekon

Bloodyaussie
18th February 2013, 06:49 PM
Hey, hey, hey! we agree on lots...you know....like VB and...and....and...ahhmmm, you know LOTS!!..LOL

You two clowns are a couple of bone heads!!!!!!!!!

Next time you two are together I am going to bang your heads together!!

Winnie
18th February 2013, 07:06 PM

Yeah in the end I guess that's all that matters. Not like that Growlers p*%#^

ajaxism
18th February 2013, 07:30 PM
hey mate i dont really want the FBI tracking me down

growler2058
18th February 2013, 07:51 PM
Yeah in the end I guess that's all that matters. Not like that Growlers p*%#^

Coupla sick @uCrs

Winnie
18th February 2013, 07:53 PM
Yeah mate we are fully sick!!!

NissanGQ4.2
18th February 2013, 07:55 PM

To late, you revealed you IP addy and your location as soon as you joined the forum, and now I'm on 2 u...............

Ben-e-boy
18th February 2013, 07:58 PM

pity we are in Australia. It wont be hard to track you down via you number plate in your avatar.

You have more chance of your post count going down....... The manual is $25 on ebay

Bloodyaussie
18th February 2013, 08:44 PM
pity we are in Australia. It wont be hard to track you down via you number plate in your avatar.

You have more chance of your post count going down....... The manual is $25 on ebay

Ba ha ha ha!!!!!!

Irish
18th February 2013, 08:47 PM

It's too late!!!

When you look out your front window can you see a van like this?

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/183/841/flowers%20by%20irene.jpg

P4trol
18th February 2013, 09:01 PM
As has already been mentioned people browse heaps, and only join when they have a burning question, want to download the manual (must do that one day before I get banned!), or decide they want to engage with the other patrol driving vb drinkers.

Often if they come with a 'problem' or burning issue, it is a bit consuming,and they want it fixed ASAP. Giving background info may not occur to them. We know boats, right?

A bit of leniency I say. Think where they came from, it was each of us way back then.

*ah, maybe I generalised a bit with the vb comment.

Bloodyaussie
18th February 2013, 09:25 PM
It's too late!!!

When you look out your front window can you see a van like this?

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

He he he he he!!!!!!

Come on Irene....!!

NP99
18th February 2013, 10:41 PM
Why would you want to tell people you come from Victoria ? :-)

Irish
18th February 2013, 11:13 PM
So they dont mistake us for Queenslanders, lol.

Bloodyaussie
19th February 2013, 06:57 AM
So they dont mistake us for Queenslanders, lol.

Or worse South Australians..... he he!!!!

Drewboyaus
19th February 2013, 07:21 AM
[QUOTE=P4trol;334908] patrol driving vb drinkers.
/QUOTE]

Fortunately we only have a few of those sickos! LOL

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

93patrol
19th February 2013, 07:25 AM
they are probaby ashamed of where they live is all dont mock them feel sorry for them