Tonks
16th February 2013, 03:18 PM
A deeeeecent 1

Bloodyaussie
16th February 2013, 03:19 PM
Meh!!!!!!!!!!!!

threedogs
16th February 2013, 03:22 PM
Michelles sacks sell them but why??? When a $6 tarp from bunnings will do the same thing, plus you can use as ground sheet Etc , Bunnings for me

Tonks
16th February 2013, 03:24 PM
The fitted ones are just quicker and easier.

Bloodyaussie
16th February 2013, 03:24 PM
I have 2 tarps in my car.... one bloody big one and the small one behind the middle seats, I can use the small one as you say as I ground sheet or for crossing puddles!!!

krbrooking
16th February 2013, 03:40 PM
I second them both all you need is the tarp and a few ocky straps and ya done. But dont Iron man do them??? Not sure though.

gaddy
16th February 2013, 03:44 PM
They are but while your fitting the tarp wheel bearings etc are cooling down and less likely to suck in water to diffs ,

Gaddy

Tonks
16th February 2013, 05:13 PM
well off to bunnings i go.

threedogs
16th February 2013, 06:14 PM
trouble with a water bra its just that a water bra,,,,,,,,,,,,,IMO if you have to carry something make sure it has a few uses
saves heaps of space and weight, Shite carry enough as it is.

Tonks
16th February 2013, 07:54 PM
The only trouble with bunnings is you ALWAYS buy something that you didn't go to get,

But oh well what the heck

twisty
16th February 2013, 10:37 PM
or get an MSA Water Bra (http://www.msa4x4.com/Products/WaterBra.asp). I got one cause I can. No worries about wrapping loose bits around wheels etc

Bloodyaussie
16th February 2013, 10:41 PM
$149 ... bloody hell?????

I stick to my $5 tarp as the kids school shoes should be more of a priority than me going through puddy muddles!!!!!

Chris79
16th February 2013, 10:44 PM
If you have a nice paint job, I imagine the fitted purpose made units will be easier to fit without running straps over your nice paintwork.
My last car was ok because it was white but my car before that (darker colour) had some bad rub marks from running tarps using ocy straps and rope.

DX grunt
16th February 2013, 10:44 PM
My truck doesn't know how to swim. lol

Clunk
16th February 2013, 10:46 PM
My truck doesn't know how to swim. lol

Amongst other things....... like driving on anything but the black stuff!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahaha

Is there such a thing as RTI..... Repetitive Tapping Injury?????

Bloodyaussie
16th February 2013, 10:47 PM
Just imagining my car when I was cutting a track that had not been driven on for more than a year and it was barely wide enough to fit a dirt bike through.... I think my paint job was a goner !!!!

Clunk
16th February 2013, 11:32 PM
Just imagining my car when I was cutting a track that had not been driven on for more than a year and it was barely wide enough to fit a dirt bike through.... I think my paint job was a goner !!!!

That was a bit like ODs GU, which had a bit of an argument with a blackboy...... All down the passenger side rear half.

Mine use to be almost scratch and dent free, plenty of pin striping now, some good n deep and I think every panel now has some sort of ding in it, apart from the bonnet

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....