PDA

View Full Version : GUIV TD42Ti Dyno Tune in QLD

maverick01
16th February 2013, 07:51 AM
Hi Guys,

I have an 05 GU 4.2TDI.

Im just about to install a beaudesert 3inch exhaust and also the usuall pyro and boost gause, But my question is to all.

Who would you suggest to do the dyno and tune. I have had work on our old GQ done by motsons in coopers plains and yes he did great work installing the turbo on the GQ, but a few guys i have spoken to say he isnt the best in tuning a GU.

I have been told to use QDAD or Mike Vine but i would like to hear some feedback from people who have used either of these.

Now im not looking for huge amounts of power but a bit more for towing the camper as at the moment the GU isnt the best.

Is there anything else i should do to the car before i take to anyone.

Thanks in advance

MudRunnerTD
16th February 2013, 09:09 AM
Hi mate,

I assume your in Qld? Big state. Guys up that way will know your references.

I will change your thread title to better represent your question mate.

Tuning a TD42Ti is completely different to tuning a GQ TD42. Completely different. You need to find a bloke that knows that. From experience I have driven my GUIV around with a bad tune for 2 years! Once I gave it to a good tuner that knew the difference OMG big difference! Different car.

Good luck

maverick01
16th February 2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks mudrunner

Ben-e-boy
16th February 2013, 10:41 AM
Mike vine knows his sh1t period.

If you are willing to travel gympie diesel do a great job The have heavily modified and tuned my gq and nissannewby's gu both very happy with the outcome

maverick01
16th February 2013, 10:58 AM
I would prefer to keep it in brisbane somewhere but if i have to travel then im willing too.

nissannewby
16th February 2013, 11:53 AM
How much more do you want? I can do a basic tune using your gauges. Other than that mike vine. Expect to pay 3-400 for a tune.

I'm only 20 min from the airport and went to gympie as stated above but the only reason for that was they answered there phone and booked me so that's where I went. I will be going back there once I finish all my mods.

maverick01
16th February 2013, 12:31 PM
Thanks nissannewby,

I will give mike vine a call after i have done all the other stuff like gauges and exhaust.

Is there anything else at all that is required before i go there.

I know a good tune would set me back about 4-500. But i have about 2 grand to spend as i thats after the exhaust and gauges. So im assuming for 2grand i should get more thn just a tune up.

MudRunnerTD
16th February 2013, 12:33 PM
Oh That is a Whole Other question mate.!!

MudRunnerTD
16th February 2013, 12:35 PM
I can hear a Turbo Upgrade coming! GGGGggggGGGGGAAAARREETTTT Gggarret! Damn i cant even say it! GARRETT ;) there! its out there!

MudRunnerTD
16th February 2013, 12:36 PM
Ben-e come back here mate!!! Tell them man how to spend his 2k!! Hell Yeah!

Either Bene or Newby will steer you well for getting the best value with your 2k mate. It will be money well spent. If your not sold on teh Beaudesert then you might save some more coin and go a Mandrel bent 3" system to suit the new Turbo and have a little more to put where it is best spent! The Turbo!

Ben-e-boy
16th February 2013, 01:49 PM
Thanks nissannewby,

I will give mike vine a call after i have done all the other stuff like gauges and exhaust.

Is there anything else at all that is required before i go there.

I know a good tune would set me back about 4-500. But i have about 2 grand to spend as i thats after the exhaust and gauges. So im assuming for 2grand i should get more thn just a tune up.

You could get a custom intake plennum from A.R.E in brendale or radius fab in capalaba, and see paul at redcliff cylinder heads for a valve grind and some porting that will see most of the 2k used up

maverick01
16th February 2013, 01:59 PM
The beaudesert exhaust is the 3inch mandrel bent system.

Would i be advised to install a thermo fan on the intercooler or isnt it really required. Also if it is required where is the best place to get the correct size. I have seen a few on line but there only cheap crap. I know places like autobarn stock the bigger fans but they dont seem interested in ordering 1 in for me.