PDA

View Full Version : ZD30 Replacement Engine Mileage

Remmy
15th February 2013, 06:16 PM
Just a quick question for the members who have replaced or recoed their ZD30.. I’m sure that you have done all the NADS and drive to the order so not to get high temps with the EGT hitting detonate so to ease my curiosity, what mileage have you run up on the new donk?

Reason I'm asking is to get a better understanding on how the mods help engine life.

Cheers

Jas

mudski
15th February 2013, 06:47 PM
Reason I'm asking is to get a better understanding on how the mods help engine life.

Cheers

Jas
List of mods and what they do to preserve engine life...

Dawes valve - this takes away the ECU's control of turbo boost, people report without the dawes they have massive boost fluctuations of anywhere up to 25psi and beyond .The dawes will limit the boost to your desired boost pressure.
EGR plate - The plate is designed to block the unwanted exhaust gases from re-entering your engine. Its number 3 & 4 pistons on the older Di's and a lot of grenades have holes in those two pistons. I personally believe this is one of the major contributors to the grenade going off, apart from having a shitty ECU system aswell.
Catch Can - Many prefer the Provent 200 which basically goes "inline" from the vent hose on top of the engine to the air intake hose just before it enter the turbo. The Provent cleans the crankcase gases, or vapours before they re-enter the engine giving you a cleaner air intake system.
Needle Valve - This is primarily designed to adjust the spool up rate of the turbo, nothing to do with boost pressure, just so you can fine tune the turbo to get better performance from the turbo.

Hope this helps a little.

Mark.