PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow 4wding lovers

stepht
15th February 2013, 11:10 AM
Hi Folks

Excited to part of the forum. Someone once told me these can be addictive??? I had a '88 GQ Patrol ULP/LPG for 10 years and whilst its enjoying a well earned retirement on an island for the rich and not so famous I've upgraded to a '07 GU 3 litre turbo diesel. The swap to diesel is a big change for me, I am far from a mechanic but use to do a lot of my own oil/filter changes and have leanrt a bit along the way mainly from living in remote locations and not having a workshop down the road to take the car to..

I hope to ask a bit of advice about the vehicle side of things, and whilst I may not be able to contribute a lot of diagnostic advice to others... I've been lucky enough to do a fair bit of travelling and hopefully some of this experience may be useful to others.

Should I post questions here or on a new thread?

Steph

threedogs
15th February 2013, 11:20 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum

MEGOMONSTER
15th February 2013, 11:25 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Bigrig
15th February 2013, 01:36 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

I'd Tap That!!

lorrieandjas
15th February 2013, 01:40 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum. Feel free to fire away with any questions - better to post them in the relevant section as not everyone reads the Intro threads. If you need any help in where to post stuff just sing out.

Jas

growler2058
15th February 2013, 01:43 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

Maxhead
15th February 2013, 01:52 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Bloodyaussie
15th February 2013, 03:59 PM
Welcome aboard mate..............

mudski
15th February 2013, 04:34 PM
Welcome mate. And yes this place is addictive. I have to drag myself away most times. Kinda' like Facebook for others. The people here are great, I haven't met a single idiot here yet. Except for BA. Well, he's no idiot, quite smart actually, but he does need a punch in the neck.

healy
15th February 2013, 07:32 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

my third 256
16th February 2013, 05:01 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

AB
16th February 2013, 05:29 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

GU_Nemesis
17th February 2013, 09:54 PM
Welcome mate.. this forum certainly is addictive, but best bunch of guys on here that really know their stuff. Hope you enjoy your new rig. I have just upgraded too from a 93 GQ 4.2 diesel to a 2009 DX 3lt common rail. Lovin it! All the best mate :)

DX grunt
17th February 2013, 09:57 PM
G'day Steph

Welcome to the forum and glad you could join us.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Turbo
17th February 2013, 10:04 PM
Welcome! good bunch of people on here!

r2d2
18th February 2013, 06:40 PM
Welcome to this wonderful forum

Morton
18th February 2013, 08:45 PM
welcome mate, enjoy the site, cya on the tracks sometime

PMC
18th February 2013, 10:45 PM
G'evening Steph,

Welcome aboard and i hope you enjoy your stay with these great folks!

All the best!

RLI

GU CAMPER
19th February 2013, 07:05 AM
Welcome to the Forum

BigRAWesty
19th February 2013, 07:35 AM
Welcome mate. Everything you need is right here.. AB running a crack shop for Nissan owners.. its very addictive.. I once read a 300 page thread when I started.. it was a long night... Lol
Jump in and enjoy the ride..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

wildgu6
19th February 2013, 04:32 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

As Jas said post your Qs in the relevant section for a better response.
Good luck and enjoy

cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT