PDA

View Full Version : Greatings from Poland

Andy2005
13th February 2013, 09:59 AM
Hi everyone
my name is andy, i live in south part of Poland.

Recently I've purchased Y61 with 2,8TD made in 2000 ...
This is my second 4x4 which is expected to be used for 'family off-road' trips somewere in Europe ...

As many of new owners of second hand vehicles I have some problems with it need to be fixed and I hope to meet there friendly people who will share their experience and advise me on it :wink:

Regards
Andy

growler2058
13th February 2013, 10:05 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

Bigrig
13th February 2013, 10:07 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

I'd Tap That!!

AB
13th February 2013, 10:31 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

healy
13th February 2013, 10:42 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

wildgu6
13th February 2013, 10:51 AM
G'day Andy, Welcome aboard mate.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

Andy2005
13th February 2013, 11:02 AM
Hi guys,

please help me with fixing the hot engine start problem ...
my Y61 with 2,8TD engine has 120 000 km and it starts perfectly when engine is cold but when it is warm and stops for a while it takes ca 25 secs. to start it again with white fumes behind the engine. The vehicle is also very (extremaly) slowly during accelerating until turbo starts operating ...
Does anybody has an idea whether they are symptons of worn injection pump or other issues?
Is it possible that it appears in such short millage (120 tkm)?

One important think to add is that the vehicle is made in 2000 and it has been used by previous owner as 'weekend car' with most millage done during hollidays (2 times a year).

I will appreciate for advise on possible reasons and to clarify to me whether I really will have to repair injection pump.
Thanks in advance :)
Andy

MEGOMONSTER
13th February 2013, 03:42 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

threedogs
13th February 2013, 04:02 PM
Hi Mate and welcome, might be better if you start a new thread with your concerns
in the right section, better response too enjoy.

WogsRus
13th February 2013, 04:58 PM
BTW, im am polish and happy to translate if engrish is not so good. Just joking.

Welcome i grew up in Wroclaw

Andy2005
13th February 2013, 10:38 PM
Hi Mate and welcome, might be better if you start a new thread with your concerns
in the right section, better response too enjoy.

Thanks Mate for advise, I have already started new therad in 'Engine and drivetrain discussions' and hope that it will be suitable palce for it.

regards
Andy

zaid-m
14th February 2013, 01:07 AM
Hello Andy, welcome to one most friendly forums I've ever joined, this lot are a great bunch, and will help you with any questions that you have. This really is an international forum, although it does have a major Australian presence :)

Andy2005
14th February 2013, 10:41 AM
Hello mate

it is nice to hear that you grew up in Poland
Wroclaw is no far from my home town Gliwice

special greetings to you from Poland

BTW, im am polish and happy to translate if engrish is not so good. Just joking.

Welcome i grew up in Wroclaw

Maxhead
14th February 2013, 02:10 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum Andy.

Another Polak here, I grew up in Gorzow....

pathfinder
15th February 2013, 01:22 AM
G'day Andy, hope you can find what you're looking for on the forum. Plenty of wise advice from what I've seen

Cheers and good to have you on board

my third 256
15th February 2013, 05:28 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Morton
18th February 2013, 09:17 PM
welcome mate, enjoy the site, I wont cya on the tracks sometime!