PDA

View Full Version : Hi fellas need help!!!!

Bradbain
12th February 2013, 10:31 PM
Hi guys my name is brad and I'm currently looking for a patrol. I came across a ford maverick 4.2 turbo diesel with 280000 ks on the clock turbo recently fitted seems an honest vehicle with minimal rust. Suspension is just about dead and air con isn't working he says its a bearing or something. It's also a manual. Just wondering what $8250 sounds like to you guys.
Thanks in advance:D

my third 256
13th February 2013, 04:05 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen
what year

growler2058
13th February 2013, 04:05 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

wildgu6
13th February 2013, 04:46 AM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

Bradbain
13th February 2013, 06:19 AM
Thanks guys the ford maverick is a 1988 model

Maxhead
13th February 2013, 06:25 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate... Price sounds OK for a diesel. Has it got any accesories

Bradbain
13th February 2013, 06:57 AM
Accessories Alloy Roof cage, bull bar turbo timer electronic brakes and duel batteries so not much but a few things

Bloodyaussie
13th February 2013, 06:59 AM
Welcome aboard mate..............

threedogs
13th February 2013, 07:36 AM
Welcome to the forum
price sounds a bit high to me but,,,,,,,,,,,,
it does have a 4.2 T/D and only just run in.
I'd go for it as long as its reasonably clean

Steve4wdin
13th February 2013, 07:36 AM
Hi Brad, welcome to the forum mate, not many klms on the mav, suspension is not that exspensive, price is ok if the car is not bad on rust.

AB
13th February 2013, 08:19 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

You may be better off asking questions under a different section as a lot of people don't read the intro section.

healy
13th February 2013, 08:22 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bradbain
13th February 2013, 09:28 AM
Cheers heaps fellas it doesn't have much rust at all my dads a spray painter and he checked it out only a little right on the rear barn doors so ill probably get it and fix her up. And I'll be looking to lift her 2 inches with ome suspension anyway so i don't mind the dead suspension. It's funny you guys are saying its an ok price when on some other forum they're saying its way too cheap but I agree with you guys.
Thanks again for all your advise

Gu01patrol
13th February 2013, 12:48 PM
Hi

My advice that i can give is what I myself use when looking to buy another vehicle, I look at the condition of the unit, work out what repairs need to be carried out and what costs it would in tale, at a guess I would think you would be looking at around $1000-$1700 for the suspension depending on the way you go so I would make an offer less this amount and explain why you can to the offer this saved me 2 grand on my last purchase and at the end of the day you will determine what yr willing to pay

You can all I crease but you can never come down

Happy trail blazing

MEGOMONSTER
13th February 2013, 02:37 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

MudRunnerTD
13th February 2013, 03:35 PM
Hi mate, its a 1988 Mav so the series 1 TD42 ( the best engine) an it has Low kms. It also has a TURBO on it already! CHEAP. No Hesitation.

PMC
13th February 2013, 04:44 PM
Hi mate, its a 1988 Mav so the series 1 TD42 ( the best engine) an it has Low kms. It also has a TURBO on it already! CHEAP. No Hesitation.

G'day mate,

I agree with MudRunner's comments 100%!

PS, you just have to go for it!

Regards,

RLI

Bradbain
13th February 2013, 09:10 PM
Ok I am picking it up tomorrow ill post some picks up in a new thread in members cars thanks again guys for all the comments

pathfinder
14th February 2013, 11:10 PM
Congratulations. Good luck with the new toy and hope it all works out well. The 42 is as strong as a bull but the running gear on the Mav's can get a bit exxy so make sure you give it a good going over before you take it out too hard

Cheers

NP99
15th February 2013, 09:15 AM
Good on ya mate............enjoy it!

Morton
18th February 2013, 08:20 PM
welcome mate, enjoy the site, cya on the tracks sometime