PDA

View Full Version : How can you verify previous service history???

Pepper
12th February 2013, 01:31 PM
I purchased a 2007 patrol from a dealer ,it was traded in by bhp,i can not get a copy of its previous warrenty history from nissan aust,even though the local nissan dealer claims that he has access to this history.The dealer confirms that the alternater has been replaced during the original ownership as an example...
Why is it kept a secret??

93patrol
12th February 2013, 01:41 PM
Generally bhp does it own servicing on site maybe find out which site it came off and see if they are contactable and get the service info of them. Just a thought

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

Bloodyaussie
12th February 2013, 02:12 PM
Yeah that was probably a warranty that went through Nissan and all the servicing went through BHP????

oncedisturbed
12th February 2013, 05:01 PM
If it is all done through Nissan, the dealer has access to it through their computer systems. If he or Nissan Aust say that it's not avail it will either be 1) never done through Nissan of 2) they are full of it as they can access the records at the push of a button.

I have recently gone through this and had no issues from Nissan at all.

Pepper
12th February 2013, 05:35 PM
thankyou for the replies,seems my dealer doesnt want to help.

mudski
12th February 2013, 08:16 PM
Why doesn't that surprise me? Seem sometihng a bit fishy on there between the dealer and BHP. Hand in each others pockets by the sound of it. I would give that a wide berth if it were me. Unless you get the info you require...

Woops edit : seems you have already bought it. In that case drive the fecker through the dealers shop front...