PDA

View Full Version : Rear bars

Poodog
12th February 2013, 11:08 AM
Who makes good rear bars apart from millweld

P4trol
12th February 2013, 07:33 PM
On the other forum 'patrol4x4' *cough* there is a user 'off road division'. Have a look at his rear bars.

I'm a big fan.

Maxhead
12th February 2013, 07:42 PM
Who makes good rear bars apart from millweld

Check out this mob...I have one of his rear bars and its awesome...Top bloke to deal with and much cheaper for custom made bar
http://www.raslarrengineering.com.au/

MEGOMONSTER
12th February 2013, 09:27 PM
I too, am looking at rear bars, and unfortunately I am finding that the Powerful4x4 rear bar the best looking and practical. But with all the Neg feedback.

I am also liking the twin scrub bars made by Tuff bullbars but their bullbars are a bug to aggressive and look like they belong on a prime mover.

megatexture
12th February 2013, 09:40 PM
Yea dont do it mego they don't like the rough stuff I've had to modify mine as the latches break

P4trol
12th February 2013, 09:46 PM
Function before beauty.

Poodog
12th February 2013, 11:06 PM
Cheers ay will look tomorrow at work lol getting paid to modify my wagon lol love the mines lol

Poodog
13th February 2013, 09:55 PM
Deff goin with raslarr look good and cheap to thanks for that one was ordered today cheers

MEGOMONSTER
13th February 2013, 10:30 PM
Yea dont do it mego they don't like the rough stuff I've had to modify mine as the latches break

Yes, I know, I read all about it.
It just looks like a great bar. But you can't judge a book by its cover, hey.
I am seeking alternative.
But I don't think I want a custom bar.
Unless its perfect, but who builds it.

MEGOMONSTER
13th February 2013, 10:35 PM
Function before beauty.

It like Love and Marriage, you can't have one without the other.

P4trol
14th February 2013, 03:45 PM
The idea is you fall in love with it, not out of love with it.

You want the 'arranged marriage' of rear bars.

Drewboyaus
14th February 2013, 03:54 PM
Deff goin with raslarr look good and cheap to thanks for that one was ordered today cheers

What was the spec and how much were they? They look a bit like the Milweld.....and the Milweld is on my "list"!

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Maxhead
14th February 2013, 04:18 PM
Couple of pics of the Rasslar Engineering one..$2100 fitted with one swing arm.
For my GU I looked at Millweld first and then went with this mob. Cheaper and quality is same as Milweld if not better...and the 4" LED reverse just kick arse...LOL

Maxhead
14th February 2013, 04:54 PM
For those with Facebook account here's their site with a heap of pics

https://www.facebook.com/RaslarrEngineering?fref=ts

threedogs
14th February 2013, 05:42 PM
my understanding of Powerfull rear bars is they have 2 standards the cheap crap version thats 3mm
and then the premium crap bar made from 4mm just telling it the way it is, look at Ultimate 4wd in wa
he is 4WD TV sponsor and makes a great rear bar IMO

That Raslar bar looks the real deal, how long has it been fitted now, and can you use load levelers with it

Drewboyaus
14th February 2013, 05:45 PM
look at Ultimate 4wd in wa
he is 4WD TV sponsor and makes a great rear bar IMO

He'll yeah, they are nice! Couldn't justify one for the Q though....
Almost more than the truck is worth!

threedogs
14th February 2013, 05:50 PM
price may be neg,
@ Mego I can see that Rassla job on the back of yours price is fair too

Drewboyaus
14th February 2013, 06:13 PM
Can the arms for these Rasler ones be added later or like the Millweld ones they need to be factory fitted?

Maxhead
14th February 2013, 06:16 PM
Can the arms for these Rasler ones be added later or like the Millweld ones they need to be factory fitted?

Unlike the Millweld they can be installed at a later stage, that was another reason I went with this guy

Poodog
14th February 2013, 10:38 PM
Raslarr rear bar look better and are cheaper than millweld buy miles i ordered mine yesterday "YOU BEAUTY"

DSPIES
17th February 2013, 05:42 PM
saw Raslaar at the 4wd show today, and noticesd he had a prototype on display...

The rear wheel swing arm was attached to the bar through the usual means but also attached to the door, so no extra latch to stuff around with when opening and closing. Simply open the door and the swingaem goes with it. There is no additional weight on the door and i have to say the system is smart!

Maybe i'm lazy but i never really understood why nobody has designed it this way until now (i'm useless on the tools)

anyway..He seems to know what he is doing and his work looked the goods. He'll be getting my $$ once i can scratch some pennies together.

megatexture
17th February 2013, 05:52 PM
Wish they had that when I was looking for them I might get rear ended and be on the market for a new one lol fingers x, great idea though

Drewboyaus
17th February 2013, 07:21 PM
Wish they had that when I was looking for them I might get rear ended and be on the market for a new one lol fingers x, great idea though

Need to start randomly stabbing the brakes in traffic! PML

megatexture
17th February 2013, 07:55 PM
Lol insurance paid for over half of my rear bar I have ATM, I just wish I spent a little more for a slightly better one.... I was tossing up between milweld and powerfull 4x4 but at the time millweld were alot more and didnt come with a wheel carrier just the bar

hekarewe
17th February 2013, 08:08 PM
On the other forum 'patrol4x4' *cough* there is a user 'off road division'. Have a look at his rear bars.

I'm a big fan.

just happened to see some of there handy work on the weekend,,,,, feral dave from fortified fianance also 4wd action DVD's... they have customised the genuine nissan bull bar on his patrol to house the driving lights in side the barf also fitted him with rock sliders that survived a weekend at Janowen 4wd park also he is sporting a rear tube bar from Off road division with a rear mounted winch in the bar and duel wheel careers all powder coated and not my tast in style,,,,,,but thewy did look bullet proof and bloody heavy with a rear mount winch the rear tube bar also involed a quarter panel chop which look OK . as for me i went with a milweld bar lol

Drewboyaus
17th February 2013, 08:19 PM
just happened to see some of there handy work on the weekend,,,,, feral dave from fortified fianance also 4wd action DVD's... they have customised the genuine nissan bull bar on his patrol to house the driving lights in side the barf also fitted him with rock sliders that survived a weekend at Janowen 4wd park also he is sporting a rear tube bar from Off road division with a rear mounted winch in the bar and duel wheel careers all powder coated and not my tast in style,,,,,,but thewy did look bullet proof and bloody heavy with a rear mount winch the rear tube bar also involed a quarter panel chop which look OK . as for me i went with a milweld bar lol

Sounds like he charges too much for his finance....LOL
Tell you what.....I wouldn't be financing anything with them......comes across as dodgy as.....

aljohno
17th October 2013, 11:38 AM
Check out this mob...I have one of his rear bars and its awesome...Top bloke to deal with and much cheaper for custom made bar
http://www.raslarrengineering.com.au/

I am considering replacing a destroyed rear bar after an accident, with a Raslaar bar and wonder how the durability is, and how bright are the rear lights.
Not keen on Kaymar as mate has one one 80 series and they are impossible to see when sunlight on them.
Thanks

Drewboyaus
18th October 2013, 07:19 AM
I am considering replacing a destroyed rear bar after an accident, with a Raslaar bar and wonder how the durability is, and how bright are the rear lights.
Not keen on Kaymar as mate has one one 80 series and they are impossible to see when sunlight on them.
Thanks

Mate, I think consensus on Raslaar is that they are a pretty good thing in general. I have a Kaymar on my GQ though and have no problem with the lights.
If it were me getting one via insurance, I would go the Kaymar. Kaymar have sorted out and patented the latches over years of R&D. The weak point of many of the cheaper bars is the latching and in many instances it rattles.....be annoying the chit out of me. But I don't have a Raslaar so can't speak to direct experience.
It's always a good idea to drop into the intro section and say hello before asking questions. The folks around here like that and you'll generally get a better response to your question if you do....

threedogs
18th October 2013, 07:41 AM
The reverse lights on a Raslaar bar would be very bright.
Not sure if Kaymar rate their bars for towing with load levellers on.
Mate just had one snap in half towing his van, Had to repair it himself

aljohno
23rd October 2013, 08:50 PM
Thanks for your help.

NP99
24th October 2013, 02:04 AM
Finally put the Extreme on mine.......never again, what a pita

Clunk
10th November 2013, 09:28 PM
Kaymar......

Very pricey...... :eek:

mudski
11th November 2013, 09:27 AM
04off's got a nice custom tube bar which uses the OEM centre step still. Which I like. I am yet to find a rear bar that I like. All the ones I have seen the spare wheel carrier is not in the same position as the OEM carrier, its usually a little too far right...
My2c.

threedogs
11th November 2013, 11:15 AM
what ever happened to the mob that made a single rear wheel carrier LHS only.
Called Karrie2 or similar, it was a great idea as it kept the OE rear bar
and just a small rectangle is cut in the corner bumpers, I would prefer having a RHS
swing away only, similar to what Kaymar use on the 200s tojo, worth looking at IMO.
As it'll keep the weight off the back door.

BigRAWesty
11th November 2013, 01:12 PM
Kaymar made the bolt on jobbies for the 80's back it the day..

threedogs
11th November 2013, 03:04 PM
@ Kallen yeah they were a plate top and bottom of chassis ,plus looked crap.
This is neat as and only hole a bit bigger than cig pkt required, I have a spare rear bar now thanks
to a member so I have no excuse now

GU_Mick
17th November 2013, 09:03 PM
Has anyone got or seen the new powerful4x4 rear bar? They are meant to be a huge improvement on the last one. The new one looks good but I want one that's going to last.

Drewboyaus
17th November 2013, 09:15 PM
Has anyone got or seen the new powerful4x4 rear bar? They are meant to be a huge improvement on the last one. The new one looks good but I want one that's going to last.

One of the members had a major issue with the previous version of their bar. I would not buy one from them based on that alone, new design or not.
Check out Raslarr Engineering. There are a few folk with theirs and they seem very happy with the design, quality, strength and service.

GU_Mick
18th November 2013, 07:45 AM
One of the members had a major issue with the previous version of their bar. I would not buy one from them based on that alone, new design or not.
Check out Raslarr Engineering. There are a few folk with theirs and they seem very happy with the design, quality, strength and service.

Yeah, I've heard nothing but bad about them too. I don't want a bar that can't handle the Cape. I like the look of the Raslarr bar. Think ill end up with one of those.