PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone, just starting to learn about Patrols

BeeSure
11th February 2013, 08:10 PM
Hello everyone. I'm not a Patrol owner but I have a chance to buy a 2001 GU 3.0TDI from my father in law. I'm fairly certain the engine has blown, we will find out from the dealer in a day or so and my father in law is happy to sell it at a virtual giveaway price, but then I would have to sort out the engine. Needless to say I'm on a real steep learning curve about patrols, especially the ZD30 engine, boy what a can of worms!!
Anyway, I'll be posting some more detailed questions down the track. Hope some of you can help.
cheers, Bill

growler2058
11th February 2013, 08:27 PM
Gday Bill welcome aboard mate
Chuck a TD42t in it happy times

AB
11th February 2013, 08:36 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Bloodyaussie
11th February 2013, 08:40 PM
Welcome aboard mate.............

threedogs
11th February 2013, 08:41 PM
Hello and welcome If your getting it for a song
might be worth looking at a 4.2 TD then you have
a 4x4 for life, you will not be disappointed,
or rebuild and NAD new motor, like most here have
Jump in any time and enjoy

silverbar
11th February 2013, 09:19 PM
Welcome mate, you will learn a lot on here. X3 on the td42 conversion.

happygu
11th February 2013, 09:30 PM
Welcome on board - the cheapest and fairly reliable option is to stick with a new 3L Di motor, which will be one with all of the engine modifications required to ensure that you get plenty of years out of it.

There are more expensive options, ranging from putting in a td42 4.2 Litre Diesel ( super reliable - go forever but servicing required every 5K instead of 10K ), V8 6L or 6.2L motor from Brunswick conversions - reported to be a little slow, but reliable and super torquey, V8 Duramax Diesel - high power and be the envy of everyone, lots of different Petrol Engines ranging from a Ford XR6 Turbo, to Holden V8's - the choice is endless.

You might want to be the first to grab a V6 Diesel out of the Pathfinder and throw that in......that would be something.

Ask lots of questions and do lots of searches and there will be information overload available for you.

Mic

wildcard
12th February 2013, 01:14 AM
HI Bill, this is the place to be to get some good information. Enjoy it. Kym

my third 256
12th February 2013, 07:04 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

lorrieandjas
12th February 2013, 09:32 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum.

Jas

healy
12th February 2013, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Maxhead
12th February 2013, 11:50 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

wildgu6
12th February 2013, 12:52 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

MEGOMONSTER
12th February 2013, 02:26 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Ahhhhhh 2 beesure

Andy2005
14th February 2013, 09:54 AM
Hello mate I am sure that this is the right place to gain usefull advise
I am not an expert but if you can avoid ZD30 engine and replace it with 4,2
In technical part you will find many advises how to do it properly

good luck

pathfinder
15th February 2013, 12:15 AM
Welcome to the forum. Did a recent changeover with a computer from another engine and you will likely be requiring a visit to the dealer to at least reprogram the ecu when you change the motor over. Watch out for the time they might spend on this as they don't come cheap ($120/hr)

Cheers

Morton
18th February 2013, 07:49 PM
welcome mate, enjoy the site, cya on the tracks sometime