PDA

View Full Version : GME TX 3000 any good or old and crap

93patrol
11th February 2013, 06:45 PM
Hey guys not sure if this is the right spot to put this but as the title says are they any good i realise its 10 year old cb radio but i can pick one up for 50 bucks all i need is the wiring harness and a antenna

can you gurus also explain narrow band and wide band and if this is a drama talking to one another from wide to narrow or opposite

cheers
Shane

MC97GQ
11th February 2013, 07:01 PM
Mate for that price, you would be better to pick up a new radio,

Repco currently have Oricom(don't know if they are good or bad) for 170 bucks(if you are a member of NRMA or their equivalent) and that is 80 channel with all the bells and whistles.

By the time you sourced the correct harness you could be looking at over 75 bucks, no warranty and could crap out at any moment.

I wouldn't bother unless you were getting it for free.

Just my thoughts

Mark

MudRunnerTD
11th February 2013, 07:06 PM
Agree with MC97GQ. not worth it. We are in the age of 80 channels. save your cash and buy when on special. repco do a discount for Auto club (RACV etc.) so a good buy there. Or Ebay is your friend. see if you can get a bundle with an aerial.

You will spend your money better buying new or nearly new. Spend $50 on a decent hand held if you have to.

Bloodyaussie
11th February 2013, 07:11 PM
I just picked up a Nokia that sells for $450 in the shops on its own and got an aerial as well for $299 delivered....

The mob I went and saw wanted another $85 for an aerial and $120 for them to fit it so $650 all up!!!!!

Bugger that!!!

threedogs
11th February 2013, 07:45 PM
Dont know why everyone jumps up and down about the new 80 jobs
in 10 years I'll still hear you via my Icom 440 on channel 15 general, 26 in convoy or dial in my own channel
between friends eg 26.5. reasonably affordable , I have 80 channel in my camper as a Home base radio
commercial spec $350 with antenna very compact unit