PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Chips

Gu01patrol
11th February 2013, 05:15 PM
Hi tried searching the forum

So i am looking to install a diesel chip, on my 01 GU Patrol ZD30DI, was going to go with a chipIT chip, but after a week of waiting for them to reply to some questions and still no response, i have decided to give them a miss, because sale and the support service just doesn't exist, or they dont need my buisness.

So i am looking for throughts on what ppl are using and how they are finding then.

So if this has been mentioned in the forum before

lorrieandjas
11th February 2013, 05:19 PM
Hi mate - try the following thread (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?17625-STEINBAUER-Performance-chips-explained.-One-Anally-retentive-engineer-found-out). Some good info on there and more importantly some good advice from nissannewby that's worth considering. If you try searching for chips then you get a lot of hits - more so than if you search for diesel chips! :)

Jas

Gu01patrol
11th February 2013, 07:32 PM
thanks for the link i will read the posts

threedogs
11th February 2013, 07:41 PM
DP chip set on 5 for towing love it no smoke , can feel big difference when disconnected
Happy camper here

mudski
12th February 2013, 08:44 PM
DP chip set on 5 for towing love it no smoke , can feel big difference when disconnected
Happy camper here
Yeah me too. DP on 5. Goes like chit off a shovel and no smokey's. Big zorst helps too. Go second hand though. What they ask for a new chip is criminal. I don't give a rats what any of them say. They have had it too good for too long.

MEGOMONSTER
12th February 2013, 09:19 PM
Yeah me too. DP on 5. Goes like chit off a shovel and no smokey's. Big zorst helps too. Go second hand though. What they ask for a new chip is criminal. I don't give a rats what any of them say. They have had it too good for too long.

Me 3, dpchip on 6 and 3" exhaust

happygu
12th February 2013, 10:02 PM
Just to buck the trend - my Dtronic Chip was an excellent product - easy to install and also pull out.

See if you can find one of these second hand.

Kaz141
16th April 2013, 08:38 PM
I've got a dpchip for a direct injection 3.0L for sale that I never got to install due to blowing the engine.

WYLD333
16th April 2013, 08:56 PM
I've got a dpchip for a direct injection 3.0L for sale that I never got to install due to blowing the engine.

How much?? Pm me if u want

Gu01patrol
16th April 2013, 09:19 PM
I got a new Dtronic chip never fitted for $150 works excellent

fs1952
24th April 2013, 09:07 PM
I got DP chip, plus 3" exhaust, goes like a rocket, plus excellent support.

healy
24th April 2013, 09:57 PM
So what's the better chips? As far as I can see there is DP chip, tunit , no limit (by far the cheapest) any others I'm missing? Some are saying gain up to 30hp and around 50nm of torque so why are some over 1g and no limit for around $300 I'd say your not gonna get the power there saying without exhaust upgrade etc so why not the no limit over a dp chip? Considering the price difference if there doing the same thing

Alitis007
24th April 2013, 10:05 PM
Healy i'll get you a chip mate at a top price, my mate put it on his zd30 navara and got 30rwkw without tune, exhaust or upping the boost!!

mudski
25th April 2013, 02:10 AM
I've used a No limit chip before. No difference to the DP I have have. Well the only difference is warranty. If you get a dud from No limit, your stuck with it. Trust me I tried, Sent it back, they claimed they never got it, even though their local PO told me they recieved it. Four months later it was back on my door step. Stupid krouts!