PDA

View Full Version : 94 GQ TB42E Over heating

slipperyfox
11th February 2013, 04:30 PM
Hi am getting really desperate with this over heating problem. When driving along the highway for about 30 minutes it sat on 88C I then started to climb a hill in 4x4 and the temp got upto 120C within 1 Klm. This was a steep and loose road but should get that hot.
The things I have done to try and stop I took the car to the Mechanic and he gas tested and said the the motor had no signs of leaks or head gasket damage. Put a new Thermostat 85C and drill 3 holes around the sides as instructed by Radiator place. Installed a new High Performance Radiator and running SIN Coolant and standard radiator cap. Put a new Viscus hub on as other was shot, springs in radiator hoses to stop sucking in, new water pump and as well heater hoses all new.
The engine is a 4.2 petrol/gas can anyone please help out....Thanks in advance

Bloodyaussie
11th February 2013, 04:32 PM
Mate could you please head over to the introduction section and say gday before posting... cheers!

MudRunnerTD
11th February 2013, 05:57 PM
Hi mate, as BA requested, we are a friendly bunch but ask everyone to post up an Introduction thread before asking for advice. Saying g'day when you enter the room is a good way to start ;)

I have fixed your thread title and you will get some advise, just post an intro thread bud.

Cheers MR