PDA

View Full Version : 35s

Gulley
11th February 2013, 12:33 PM
I havent been on here for a while but carrying on from my last post.
Ive fitted a 3 inch lift and now im thinking of getting 2 inch body lift blocks to put it, would i need to make any otehr changes? im going to extend the brake lines.
Also would 35s fit?

Bloodyaussie
11th February 2013, 12:37 PM
Yes they will easily... you can fit 35's with out the body lift if you have a 3inch... well thats what my 2 neighbours both have!!

threedogs
11th February 2013, 12:49 PM
Might be very close at the back of the front guard near mudflap area.
Any chance to try a 35 first

Gulley
11th February 2013, 12:55 PM
Are you talking about just with the 3 inch?

threedogs
11th February 2013, 01:02 PM
2" and 2" will see plenty to run 35s
Yours sits higher that a GU in std form
so 3" would make it tight, its all about that mudflap area
heaps everywhere else

MudRunnerTD
11th February 2013, 01:07 PM
are you driving a GQ or a GU mate? This will make a BIG Difference to the answer.

Winnie
11th February 2013, 01:07 PM
My mate runs 35s on a 2" lifted GU with no scrubbing. GUs have massive wheel arches.

Bloodyaussie
11th February 2013, 01:11 PM
Yeah sorry thats what I presumed he was talking about... Gu????

Gulley
11th February 2013, 01:19 PM
yeah driving a GU. I fitted 1 of the 35s on my mates patrol with a 2"and it rubbed a little bit on full lock

Bloodyaussie
11th February 2013, 01:32 PM
Yeah well my mate has a GU with a 3 inch lift with -13 ROH rims with BFG muddies on and no rubbing.

MudRunnerTD
11th February 2013, 01:39 PM
A Body Lift in a GU is just not required. At All. THis is a Very rare modification on a GU mate. GQs are a whole other story. The GU wheel arch is significantly bigger and will accommodate a 35 without too much trouble. You will likely have to remove your front mud flaps and that is about all.

I fit 35s under my GUIV with ease running a 3" lift and Drop Boxes that push the diff forward slightly.

Dump the Body Lift idea mate.

Ben-e-boy
11th February 2013, 01:43 PM
A Body Lift in a GU is just not required. At All. THis is a Very rare modification on a GU mate. GQs are a whole other story. The GU wheel arch is significantly bigger and will accommodate a 35 without too much trouble. You will likely have to remove your front mud flaps and that is about all.

I fit 35s under my GUIV with ease running a 3" lift and Drop Boxes that push the diff forward slightly.

Dump the Body Lift idea mate.

X2 100% agree

grimace
11th February 2013, 01:59 PM
pretty sure if your truck has a bullbar and rear bar these will have to be modded as well, brake lines are the least of your worries when lifting the body and as old mate said it just isn't worth doing on the gu 3" is more than enough lift to fit 35"s also what offset are your rims as this will have an affect on full lock scrubing. make sure you get your speedo recalerbrated as the 35"s will make it read wrong by about 7 to 10 klms ( not sure exaclty ) cheers....

Bloodyaussie
11th February 2013, 02:12 PM
Through my mates gu speedo out by 10kmh.

As mentioned madness to bother with body lift on a gu and horrible to drive on the road .

threedogs
11th February 2013, 02:13 PM
WOW body lift on a GU go figure, does that come with RWC..

Could always cut the front guards if your panel beating skills
are up to scratch.

Gulley
11th February 2013, 02:24 PM
Alright cheers for the tips ill give it a go and see what happens

Morton
11th February 2013, 11:01 PM
body lifts are illegal, you will have no insurance, full stop, you can get 35's with a 2" lift if your rims have enough negative offset on a GU

megatexture
11th February 2013, 11:08 PM
35s will be illegal anyway . If they scrub on the guards you can chuck in some radius arm spacers to save cutting any guards , but once you start flexing I imagin they will rub on the plastic fuel filler guard in the wheel arch (easyfix)and on the top inner top of the wheel arch on the backs if you don't adjust your bump stops, even my 33s rub on full flex so 35s will