PDA

View Full Version : Nissannewby (mat)

lorrieandjas
10th February 2013, 01:25 AM
Hi guys - this is probably going to embarrass the living hell out of him but I cannot express enough my gratitude and admiration for mat. Small thing - needed to install a new UHF. Mat says yep - no probs mate - I'll come help you. Mat's meticulousness, work ethic and just downright ability are amazing. Might sound like I am foaming at the mouth over this but guys - I can highly recommend mat. I'll post some pics tomorrow but to put it bluntly Mat treated my car like his prized possession - to the point he spent 3 hours running cable, soldering, heat shrinking and just generally being an absolute professional and perfectionist in his work. And not because he was slow but because he cared. Little word of advice - if mat says he can help you out - don't think - just say yes please!! Mate - can't thank you enough - not because you installed it - but because how much pride you took in your work. And all the while he had a dinner appointment and I was as good as tits on a bull feeding babies - what was mat's response - I'd rather be late and see a good job done! Not pulling the old or young card here as I'm in the middle - but if mat is a reflection of the "next" generation - we've got nothing to worry about. Sorry mate - a long-winded way of saying thanks!!!!

Jas

Lonicus
10th February 2013, 05:54 AM
Good on ya Mat!

threedogs
10th February 2013, 07:01 AM
Never met the guy, but from this forum Ive noticed he knows stuff,
Not many ppl these days work on other ppls 4x4 like it was their own
Two thumbs up Mat, Hope we meet up one day,,,,,,,,,,,,,TD

NissanGQ4.2
10th February 2013, 07:05 AM
Sounds like he takes pride in his work, onya Mat

Bloodyaussie
10th February 2013, 11:14 AM
And for just that reason he is not welcome here...... my wife will see how green the grass is then I am stuffed!!!!!

MEGOMONSTER
10th February 2013, 12:33 PM
Mat and his whole family are great people. Willing to help others when required.

PMC
10th February 2013, 01:39 PM
G'day folks,

I have had the pleasure of having Mat and his better-half (Sheree) stay with us. He is a genuine decent young Australian bloke. Mat would give you the shirt of his back to help you! (Old school) His mechanical workmanship is second to none. I am so glad that i joined this great forum, because of this forum i have met Mat and we have become friends.

PS, I am looking forward to the Cape York trip!

Regards,

Paul (RLI)

DX grunt
10th February 2013, 02:33 PM
I love these warm and fuzzy stories that bring a tear to the eye.

I've seen a lot of young blokes cop a lot of flack and cr@p because of the minority of peers in their age group spoiling it for the majority.

I could ramble on for hours, but I won't.

Good onya, Matt.

Take care out there.

Rossco

lorrieandjas
10th February 2013, 03:07 PM
I love these warm and fuzzy stories that bring a tear to the eye.

I've seen a lot of young blokes cop a lot of flack and cr@p because of the minority of peers in their age group spoiling it for the majority.

I could ramble on for hours, but I won't.

Good onya, Matt.

Take care out there.

Rossco

Hey Rossco - my thoughts exactly. Just to give you a rundown of what sort of bloke he is - here's the story. Met Mat through the forum - had him over a couple of weeks ago as we're travelling up to the Cape in August as part of a group off here and the Navara Asia forum. I'd posted previously about needing a decent auto elec in Brisbane and Mat says no worries - let me know when you've got the stuff and I'll give you a hand if you like. Get the UHF and let Mat know. He works FIFO so fitted it in on his second last day before heading back to work.

Now - I was originally going to head to his place to fit it up - but then last week I sent my missus to NZ to see her family (long story). So me being a cheeky bugger ask if Mat's happy to do it at my place. Answer - "of course - no worries mate"! Asked him what I needed - he replies some wire and a fuse.

OK - didn't get a chance to get the extra wire we ended up needing - but what does Mat do - comes with all his gear AND the necessary parts - cable ties, terminators, heat shrink, wire, hell he probably had a spare UHF in his kit - "just in case"!

I knew he had a dinner at 7:15 last night - at 6:30 we were still finishing off (I should say he - I think my sum contribution was to remove the drivers seat and put it back in - oh and hold some wire at one point! :)).

The reason it took so long - well you can see why:

25624 25625

Followed all the factory looms and conduits.

Jas

DX grunt
10th February 2013, 04:21 PM
My Patrol needs a good detail. PM me his addy! PML. Looks like he cleaned your engine bay, too. lol

I feel the BROVE from here. Group hug!

Rossco

jack
10th February 2013, 08:58 PM
Well done Mat, mine is getting installed this week. You've set some high standards for the son in law to work towards :clapping:.
Catch you at the Cape.

megatexture
10th February 2013, 09:29 PM
Top work matt there's been a few occasions I've seen of people thanking you, great to see such comradery keep up the good work mate

BigRAWesty
10th February 2013, 09:45 PM
Well done mate. Good to see another younger patroler taking care with others cars..
Top job

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

DX grunt
10th February 2013, 09:59 PM
SPEECH, SPEECH. lol

Bigrig
11th February 2013, 12:00 AM
He's ok ... I suppose ... lmao

Onya Newby!!

fracster
11th February 2013, 02:57 PM
Any chance of you popping over to the UK for a week or so Matt?

Mine needs some eleccy work...:D

ozzymalone
12th February 2013, 09:50 AM
Yeah I will second and third the Brove for Mat! The dude is a workhorse and takes pride in what he does....and he doesn't seem to mind taking the time to answer my dumdum questions! We can all learn a great deal from a top bloke like him! Good onya Matto!