PDA

View Full Version : Patrol Ute/5th wheeler conversion

DX grunt
9th February 2013, 09:45 PM
A hyperthetical question .........

Is it possible to transform a Nissan Patrol 4.2 TDi ute, to a 5th wheeler?

I said a hyperthetical question only. :wink: lol

Clunk
9th February 2013, 09:53 PM
Hypothetical answer........ Yes

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

nissannewby
9th February 2013, 09:56 PM
Yes. Have a look at my buil thread dx grunt we tow a 5th wheel horse float with my ute. It's by far the best way to tow anything.

DX grunt
9th February 2013, 10:00 PM
Yes. Have a look at my buil thread dx grunt we tow a 5th wheel horse float with my ute. It's by far the best way to tow anything.

Thanks. Me and the missus are getting to that stage in life when we have to make a few almost 'final' decisions. At this stage, we're planning on selling the house and living a nomadic lifestyle in a few years (about 6, probably). I was looking at a few caravans and then thought about 5th wheelers.....not that we can afford one, but it was in the back of my mind. I suppose it depends on how much we get for our house. lol

I knew Clunk would be the first to respond. He can't help himself!. Thanks, Clunky. lol

Cuppa
9th February 2013, 10:01 PM
Yes provided you remain within the GCM for the Patrol.

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotive/Caravans/Caravans/AdNumber=TP005485870

Clunk
9th February 2013, 10:05 PM
Thanks. Me and the missus are getting to that stage in life when we have to make a few almost 'final' decisions. At this stage, we're planning on selling the house and living a nomadic lifestyle in a few years (about 6, probably). I was looking at a few caravans and then thought about 5th wheelers.....not that we can afford one, but it was in the back of my mind. I suppose it depends on how much we get for our house. lol

I knew Clunk would be the first to respond. He can't help himself!. Thanks, Clunky. lol

At least I got the question right for once lol

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

DX grunt
9th February 2013, 10:06 PM
Thanks, guys.

Now my next question. Because it's got a turn table, do you need a HC licence? If not, which one will do?

DX grunt
9th February 2013, 10:07 PM

Can you post a link, please. I can't find it.

Rossco

nissannewby
9th February 2013, 10:29 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?9715-My-Luxury-Ride

It will be in the first few pages. If you want some more photos of the actual hitch just let me know.

nissannewby
9th February 2013, 10:31 PM
You don't need a license. As it still needs to stay within the towing requirements of the vehicle. It's only the style of hitch. My hitch is a 3" ball. There are other types like you have mentioned. Any motor body builders will be able to fit you one and they will need to do it as it needs to be engineered.

DX grunt
9th February 2013, 10:44 PM
You don't need a license. As it still needs to stay within the towing requirements of the vehicle. It's only the style of hitch. My hitch is a 3" ball. There are other types like you have mentioned. Any motor body builders will be able to fit you one and they will need to do it as it needs to be engineered.

Thanks. I've had a rethink and I think I'll look into caravans. I really don't want to lose the pod. There's heaps of storage space and the 12v is already hooked up. I'll make my 95lt Evakool into a permanent freezer, I think. The world is my oyster. lol.

Thanks guys, but I love my pod. lol