PDA

View Full Version : Fuel transfer pump light GU3

brush
9th February 2013, 07:32 AM
Gooday, Are there any updates on the fuel transfer light staying on? I have read the archives and tried the suggestions but still cannot fix the problem. At first I thought the pump may gave been wet considering the flood waters we had to go through in Bundy, but pump and connectors are dry.
Cheers,
brush

threedogs
9th February 2013, 07:56 AM
Clutching straws here but try changing your fuel filters.
Yendor is your go to man
I take it light is on but not pumping

bri
9th February 2013, 08:43 AM
Try and disconnet your positive battery terminal and wait a few seconds and reconnent it and the light should go away my 2001 gu does this regularly if this fails try the negative terminal as well. Good luck.

brush
10th February 2013, 09:25 AM
Hey! Bri,
I had tried taking off the Positive lead from the battery , but this morning I took both + and _ off whilst I had a coffee, bingo the the light is off.
Cheers and thanks guys.
brush

bri
10th February 2013, 03:57 PM
I am glad that it worked for you brush and anyone else with the sub tank light staying on.

Morton
10th February 2013, 09:31 PM
man do I love this place, more good info

brush
27th February 2013, 08:46 AM
Oh! Oh! I spoke too soon. Every time I put fuel in the main tank this flippen light comes back on. I have to take off the Battery Leads to stop it.
We have Auto Electricians out there , is it a faulty switch?
Cheers
Brush

the evil twin
27th February 2013, 10:43 AM
Oh! Oh! I spoke too soon. Every time I put fuel in the main tank this flippen light comes back on. I have to take off the Battery Leads to stop it.
We have Auto Electricians out there , is it a faulty switch?
Cheers
Brush

If it only happens after refuelling the main then I would suspect the Sub Tank computer or possibly the main tank sender.
Every time you turn the ign on the transfer computer does a self test under certain conditions and pumps fuel for about 15 seconds (fuel in the sub, main tank below a set level etc). If it passes this test then it won't illuminate the warning light.

If it fails and illuminates the warning light (not the transfer light in the switch) then it is sensing something is wrong. You could possibly try adding earth straps at the tanks.

I am also assuming from your posts that when the main is, say, about 1/2 way and there is fuel in the sub and the warning light is off or reset then the sub pump will actually transfer fuel or at least self test?