PDA

View Full Version : nads

gu8 patrol
8th February 2013, 08:50 PM
just wondering if a 2012 GU needs nads doing,or have nissan fixed all these problems

Sir Roofy
8th February 2013, 09:38 PM
Probably not but read up on the nads and decide what you want to do
use the search button above lots of info there

gu8 patrol
8th February 2013, 10:25 PM
Cheers Roofy

mudski
8th February 2013, 11:14 PM
As Roofy said but I have read some people do as it gives them a more smoother, linear boost curve therfor better throttle response. Dunno how true this is but....

gu8 patrol
9th February 2013, 04:09 PM
Thanks Mudski,ive done a 2 3/4 beau desert exhaust,just about to do pyro and boost gauges.

threedogs
9th February 2013, 06:15 PM
Once you have Guages installed you'll see better what the motor is doing
You may find you only want to block the EGR off, or wait till out of WARRANTY

gu8 patrol
9th February 2013, 08:25 PM
Thanks Threedogs,hoping all will be sweet and wont have to do any drastic mods.

kevin07
9th February 2013, 11:52 PM
i am of the opinion that to fit a turbo timer is a must do especially once you see what egts your turning your engine off at.

grimace
10th February 2013, 07:16 AM
g'day mate , i have a GU6 with the common rail and i have done the nads except for blocking the egr. i do have a turbo timer although i have not fitted it yet, but i watch the pyro until it has come done in temp and then i switch it off so at the moment i am doing the timers job. i was not sure about fitting a boost controller and if anyone else out there has i would be keen to know results as sometimes when i accelerate the boost comes on then the ECU cuts in and the boost drops then comes on and off a couple of times until it levels out. i have taken it to nissan and they said that this is normal and that the ECU is preventing boost spike but it is also preventing from getting any real performance because i think if it went to peak boost (15psi) and did not do this it woiuld go a lot better. so if anyone has fitted a boost controller to the common rail drop me a line cheers......

threedogs
10th February 2013, 08:45 AM
Not a big fan of turbo timers as written elsewhere unless you drive like Mario Andretti Why?
Turbo timers are for cars that are raced where EGTs are extreme Imo.
Normal conditions I just stop check EGTs, like "Grimace" then shut it down.
Hwy driving if a nature stop is required, I'll pull into servo and let it idle while all components cool down
By fitting NADS you are installing a manual boost controller, where you controll boost and spool up rate {needle valve}
you're taking all thinking away from ECU, blocking egr is also a helpful.
Read Chaz yellowfoot {GURU} thread on this matter its very detailed and easy to follow.
I had no end of trouble with mine over boosting going into limp mode, very frustrated
Then a member [BOOTS} came over in the rain and NADDED my ride. I've tweaked it here and there and added the EGR block and Needle valve
It now runs like a swiss watch. at least fit guages so you can monitor the mods you're doing ,eg has your 2.75 exhaust increased your boost levels
Ova50 should follow this as well

Lonicus
10th February 2013, 09:02 AM
Prior to fitting the Beaudesert 2.75" exhaust in my GU8, full boost levels were around 16.5psi, it spiked to roughly 18psi but dropped in a fraction of a second, I assume that's the ECU cutting in. It hasn't changed since fitting the exhaust and the car is a dream to drive since the exhaust went on.