PDA

View Full Version : Central locking not working Patrol 2009 ST

ozputu
8th February 2013, 08:59 PM
Hi my 2009 Patrol ST has lost its central locking, it wont lock with the button on the drivers door, it won't lock with the key (only the door that you use the key in), wont lock with the remote. I can hear a faint click some where under the dash when I push the central locking button but no doors activate, cannot find a fuse anywhere that has blown, (unless there is a hidden one that I don't know of). Has anybody else had this problem, oh and it happenned suddenly when we were camping, morning it worked tried again in the afternoon and nothing, thought I had a flat battery but it started straight up.

Lieney
8th February 2013, 10:29 PM
Not sure how much help I can be but I can give you some things to think about.
The click under the dash maybe a relay for the central locking mechanism. Although I would assume this would be mounted as well as the wiring, the power supply wire from that relay to the door panel may have lost power / open circuited / been cut / disconnected etc.
I would assume the master power for the locking system would run from the dash to the drivers door, then back to the other doors.
Pull the door trim and see if any wires are loose. Wiggle them etc
Find the 'voltage in' to the master switch on drivers door and run a (fused) wire direct to that switch from the battery (or other 12v source).
See if there is power at the drivers door switch
See if there is power coming out of the switch
See if there is any loose connections between dash 'click' and door.

Good luck and let us know hoe you fair

ozputu
8th February 2013, 10:56 PM
cool thanks, will give it a bash when I get home, amazing how much time traveling and fun takes up, oh well suppose I better do some work LOL

happygu
8th February 2013, 11:04 PM
Are the doors locking from the switch on the drivers door switch panel?

Mic

Yendor
8th February 2013, 11:19 PM
If the vehicle is locked will it unlock with the central locking?

Does the interior light operate correctly?

There is a 40 amp main fuse in the fuse box under the bonnet and a circuit breaker mounted in the passenger side kick panel in line with the glovebox.

ozputu
9th February 2013, 01:06 PM
No that doesnt work either

ozputu
9th February 2013, 01:09 PM
Yep interior light works, and no it wont even unlock. Thanks will lookn at those items and will let you know if I find anything

TPC
9th February 2013, 01:40 PM
A friend had his central locking stop working on his cruiser and it was a faulty relay, not sure where it would be located on a Patrol though as they love to hide them where you can't get to them.

ozputu
9th February 2013, 01:44 PM
pulled the passangers side kick pannal off nothing but plugs and lots of wires, took the glove box out and there is a big box made by siemans, when you push the centralm locking button on the drivers door you hear a faint click from behind the centre consol. all fuses under the bonnet are ok.

Thanks so far for all the advise

happygu
9th February 2013, 02:26 PM
There is a relay high up inside the passenger side of the dash, next to the stereo unit or passenger airbag, which controls all the central locking from the remote. I know because I fried it when I pinched one of the central locking wires under an earth screw on the passenger side and went to lock the car. ( I think that there is two or three relays together on a bracket ).

I pulled most of the dash apart to trace wiring and find these controls as it was driving me nuts.....

If I remember correctly, the doors still locked manually though..... I would be checking the main fuse under the bonnet if none of the above is working.....

Yendor
9th February 2013, 05:15 PM
pulled the passangers side kick pannal off nothing but plugs and lots of wires, took the glove box out and there is a big box made by siemans, when you push the centralm locking button on the drivers door you hear a faint click from behind the centre consol. all fuses under the bonnet are ok.

Thanks so far for all the advise

Here is a picture of mine. On the left hand side you can see a blue relay, there is one circuit breaker below the relay (you can just see it in the photo) and one circuit breaker above the relay.

I think the central locking one is the one on the bottom but check both.

My vehicle is an earlier mode but I'm pretty sure they are still mounted in the same place.

ozputu
13th February 2013, 12:28 AM
Thanks Yendor, will have to check that when I get back home again, according to a auto sparky and the relay/control unit is faulty, awaiting a price on a new one. This relay is just to the left of the stereo.
Will update when I get home and more info.

Thanks to all for your advise

DMSVICAU
9th October 2019, 10:37 AM
Hi my 2009 Patrol ST has lost its central locking, it wont lock with the button on the drivers door, it won't lock with the key (only the door that you use the key in), wont lock with the remote. I can hear a faint click some where under the dash when I push the central locking button but no doors activate, cannot find a fuse anywhere that has blown, (unless there is a hidden one that I don't know of). Has anybody else had this problem, oh and it happenned suddenly when we were camping, morning it worked tried again in the afternoon and nothing, thought I had a flat battery but it started straight up.

I had the same issue with my remote.

I solved the problem by using the correct battery.

The battery that Nissan uses is thinner (CR 1620) than the similar sized one I bought at Coles (CR 1632).

The thicker battery causes the contact between the battery cradle and the circuit board to fail.

Pimpmyhubcap
8th February 2020, 04:01 PM
Digging up this thread as it`s close to my problem.

Everything works with my central locking except for the drivers door. It locks with the key. I have been told it is the actuator but with a cost of $350 for new, I am hunting around for a second hand unit. With those circumstances, does it sound like the actuator?

Cheers
Mick

unstablezero
4th July 2020, 06:26 PM
Digging up this thread as it`s close to my problem.

Everything works with my central locking except for the drivers door. It locks with the key. I have been told it is the actuator but with a cost of $350 for new, I am hunting around for a second hand unit. With those circumstances, does it sound like the actuator?

Cheers
Mick

$89
https://www.central-locking-solutions.com.au/NISSAN-PATROL-DOOR-LOCK-MOTOR-ACTUATOR-p/nissan-patrol-motor-actuator.htm