hi
i would like some advise on two gps units. no1 vms touring 700hds11
no2 hema hn6i
information, ease of use,quality of maps,
does any one use either,and what is your opinion
team grandpa

Bloodyaussie
8th February 2013, 12:09 PM
Its funny about those units... I so wanted one for my 40th but it was not to be and then I needed to update my regular GPS and got Navig8r on special at Repco for $88 and the thing has known 98% of all the tracks I have done in the last 8 months.

About the same as others with proper 4wd GPS's...

I was steering towards the VMS when I was looking...???

threedogs
8th February 2013, 01:48 PM
I have VMS touring very easy to use then I brought a double din in dash radio, GPS, blue tooth,DVD, DbTV, unit
Go figure the software is the same, $300 price difference in dash only $300 VMS $600, You decide,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Will give directions from Woodspoint to Melb. Only need to scan next map at the Murray,

Bob
8th February 2013, 02:00 PM
I have a Tom Tom GPS and with their standard Maps it shows most of the Tracks in the High Country.

Maxhead
8th February 2013, 02:47 PM
Its funny about those units... I so wanted one for my 40th but it was not to be and then I needed to update my regular GPS and got Navig8r on special at Repco for $88 and the thing has known 98% of all the tracks I have done in the last 8 months.

About the same as others with proper 4wd GPS's...

I was steering towards the VMS when I was looking...???

I will vouch for this unit. Suprisingly it has all the tracks when we were up at Woods point so for 90 bucks you cant go wrong.

evillius
9th February 2013, 02:05 PM
The best GPS I ever saw belonged to a guy I went thru the Simpson with.

He had the HEMA maps installed as an app on his iPad (the one with GPS). Massive screen, full HEMA functionality and tons of other uses like playing music etc.

It was mounted to his dash on one of thses mounts: Padholdr Edge Series (http://padholdr.com/medium-duty-ipad-and-tablet-mounts/). The ipad just sat in there, never once looked like jumping out even over the roughest stuff through the Simpson.