PDA

View Full Version : Your nickname and how you got it!

Stropp
6th February 2013, 11:25 PM
Hi guys could not find a thread on this thought it would be interesting.
My nickname

Stropp got it from being a "stroppy" bugger when I was younger although some people say I still am :)

jack
6th February 2013, 11:31 PM
Started swimming about 12 years ago, doing about 1.5k every day, got into diving, open water races etc. Spend a bit of time around Apollo Bay swimming, fishing = Apollofish

Clunk
6th February 2013, 11:41 PM
biggest/tallest kid in school with the biggest feet, wearing big effoff Dr Martin boots....... the nickname Clunk came from the noise my boots made walking down the school corridors

93patrol
6th February 2013, 11:44 PM
My real nickname is Peabody it's from when I started working with a chippy crew I was one of the experienced and so one of the other boys called me Peabody cause I knew everything apparently.

I used 93patrol because that's what I own. Might change it over though

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

the godfather
7th February 2013, 12:09 AM
The Godfather, because my family is Sicilian and from Corleone. Well thats my story and I am sticking to it.

oncedisturbed
7th February 2013, 12:50 AM
Mine is cuz I am disturbed lol

My other one being Gino as mates alwys called me the "White Wog" for all the chunky rings I wear

lorrieandjas
7th February 2013, 01:17 AM
Mine's easy and boring - Jas from Jason. lorrieandjas (forum name) comes from Loren (missus) and me........

Bored yet!?

Jas

Clunk
7th February 2013, 01:21 AM
Mine's easy and boring - Jas from Jason. lorrieandjas (forum name) comes from Loren (missus) and me........

Bored yet!?

Jas

yep!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha

well you asked :wink::animierte-smilies-f

dads tractor
7th February 2013, 01:30 AM
My best mate calls himself a Wogga-ridganee being Italian and Aboriginal and Dads Tractor came from the kids saying not my Dads Tractor .

lorrieandjas
7th February 2013, 01:30 AM
Oh well - can't all have the cool the names!

Jas

dads tractor
7th February 2013, 01:32 AM
Worked with a bloke called Zipper he would pants anything that climed into his sleeper cab .

Wine_maker
7th February 2013, 01:47 AM
I finished university with specialty engineer technologist of fermentation processes. All my friends started to call me wine maker after my work on winery.

dads tractor
7th February 2013, 01:53 AM
I finished university with specialty engineer technologist of fermentation processes. All my friend began call me Wine maker after work on winery.
Cmon people wine maker needs a bit of help here thats not up there ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?

MEGOMONSTER
7th February 2013, 04:50 AM
As kids growing up, we had a Macedonian man live across the road and he practically gave a nickname to every kid in the street.
So I really don't know how he came up with the name. MEGOMONSTER.

others in the street were
CHIKO to the younger Russian brother.
OZZY to the older Russian brother.
MANIAC to one of the twins
PSYCHO to the other twin
MECHANIC to my neighbour.
ZANK to my brother

stevogq
7th February 2013, 05:09 AM
Stevo is my name and gq is wat I drive lol back in high school they called me lifo because I looked like another lifo from thomastown, yeah not that intresting
cheers stevo.

growler2058
7th February 2013, 05:46 AM
Grumpy **** (At times) makes me growl at people

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

Lonicus
7th February 2013, 06:48 AM
Lonicus is just an extension of Lon, which I picked up years ago from computer gaming. Had to go with Lonicus here because it wouldn't let me register Lon :p

threedogs
7th February 2013, 07:25 AM
SPARTACUS no dont have one
"Three dogs" cause at the time I had 3 dogs
Ah big Jack, miss him, best man stopper ever

macca86
7th February 2013, 07:36 AM
Macca86- my surname is Macdonald also just plain macca was used at school.
Nugget- work name as i am as broad as am I tall
Scuba steve- 3 jobs ago as I was known to do a bit of muff diving in the single days
also had small stints at shoulders and Carl Webb.

Cuppa
7th February 2013, 08:06 AM
Cuppa. Rode motorcycles (mainly Triumphs) most of my life until a few years ago (still have two Trumpys). All the blokes in Australia who I rode with (Triumphs & Harley riders) were drinkers, so when away on a 'run' stopping points were inevitably pubs. I drink very little alcohol, often not at all, & after walking into one particular pub & asking for a coffee, & subsequently being berated by a grumpy landlord who reminded me loudly that I was in a pub not a bloody milk bar, my mate 'Gorgy' (short for Gorganzola - don't ask) a bloke short in stature only, with a big voice & a big reputation (a Jack Russell with a heart of gold) yelled out across the bar ”Oi Cuppa, just 'ave a bladdy bee-er!” This was about 15 years ago. The name stuck & I quite like it. If you meet me in person I answer as readily to Cuppa as I do to my given name, in fact I prefer it.

Cuppa

macca86
7th February 2013, 08:21 AM
I called up my mates house wife answered it I said is daz there she asked who's there I said Steve. She said sorry you got the wrong number I then said it was nugget she was all like oh nugget haha I'll just get him. Is it a bad thing when people only know you as your nickname

Bloodyaussie
7th February 2013, 08:23 AM
Mine was from online gaming... now if you had all turned up at the last trip you would know this!!

I loved first person shooters and in the early days there were so many bloody yanks and they would say " You bloody aussies" in that horrible american accent .

So I called myself.............

I also have upstart from my racing days... but thats another story.

ova50
7th February 2013, 09:22 AM
Hi guys could not find a thread on this thought it would be interesting.
My nickname

Stropp got it from being a "stroppy" bugger when I was younger although some people say I still am :)

Mine was quite simple, age, "Ova50". It probably should be Ova55. :wink:

Alitis007
7th February 2013, 09:40 AM
Stevo is my name and gq is wat I drive lol back in high school they called me lifo because I looked like another lifo from thomastown, yeah not that intresting
cheers stevo.

Your not talking about Phill "lifo" coz his plates where "LFLWPN"??

Alitis007
7th February 2013, 09:43 AM
Growing up i always was getting into trouble and coming from a greek family i was always being called an Aliti, it means trouble maker but more like a hooligan to put it nicely and 007 is the last half of the rego on my pride and joy!! But my mates call me Georgie or Yiorgo ( George in greek)

Drew
7th February 2013, 09:55 AM
Macca86- my surname is Macdonald also just plain macca was used at school.
Nugget- work name as i am as broad as am I tall
Scuba steve- 3 jobs ago as I was known to do a bit of muff diving in the single days
also had small stints at shoulders and Carl Webb.

Aussie kisses.... Gotta love that LOL

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein

TPC
7th February 2013, 09:56 AM
My name on here is just my initials.
What i am usually called is Grumpy, this came about during a trip through the Simpson with the family and 4 other families years ago, every morning when i had to pack up 2 tents, 5 chairs, 2 tables, air mattress's, sleeping bags, pillows and half the contents of our bloody house and try and fit it back on the roof my mates wife called me Grumpy. She is now burried in a shallow unmarked grave along the French line. (just joking)
I am a grandfather now and my grandkids call me grumps or grumpsie.
I am not really grumpy though.

Drew
7th February 2013, 09:57 AM
Like Jason, pretty self evident. Wouldn't let me register as Sh!thead, Rsole etc ;) :)

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein

patrol2.8
7th February 2013, 11:02 AM
Kids call me Psycho dad as i used to go off at the drop of a hat which at the time was pretty bad i guess as there friends didnt come around that much but then one day i was in a chemist and this natrotherapist guy served me and asked if i sufferd from stress any way talked to this guy for about half an hour and he told me i had work related stress problems gave me some herbal medication to try and told me to go see my doctor hey presto he hit the nail on the head problem all gone now but kids still call me it anyway

Stropp
7th February 2013, 11:41 AM

ha ha its probably better than the picture in my imagination of GROWLER

Robbomaz
7th February 2013, 11:57 AM
An (apparently) unhealthy obsession with rotary engined Mazdas.....

taslucas
7th February 2013, 12:10 PM

I thought it was growler because you're a c**t!

Hahahaha

FanTapstic!

growler2058
7th February 2013, 12:11 PM
I thought it was growler because you're a c**t!

Hahahaha

FanTapstic!

Correct....

Bigrig
7th February 2013, 01:07 PM
Bigrig ... obvious really ...

Nothing to do with my truck, coz there's bigger out there ...

Yep, you guessed it ... coz of my big guts!!!

That's what you were all thinking right?? lol

I was actually called Bigrig by a mate of mine I used to concrete with - not because I was big, but moreso (in his words) I had a tendency to get the gear off when I was drunk and had no issues "getting the Bigrig out"!

As those who know me from here can attest, nothing has changed! lmao.

Also answer to the following depending on which mate I'm with:

CB (short for Cannon Ball).
Sweat hog - self explanatory.
Lips - not so self explanatory, but something to do with female anatomy that isn't for this forum.
BKB (short for Big Koala Bear ... how cute!!).
Hammer (for my big @arse ... you know, "have to have a big hammer to drive a big nail" ... lmao).

I'd Tap That!!

ozzymalone
7th February 2013, 01:12 PM
OzzyMalone......well this is a boring story.

From high school i have always been know as Oz, Ozzy, OzStar or Big O.
Had "Brain" for a while (named after a puppetry of the "big-rig" trick)
And "Smurf" cos I had blue hair for a while
And "Fish", "Fishboy", "Superfish" from my swimming days.

But I stick to OzzyMalone cos' I am an Aussie and I'm a Malone.

MC97GQ
7th February 2013, 01:12 PM
I had a couple over the years

Originally called "The Snake" - this came about as I was showing off when I was about 17 and grabbed this medium sized snake out of a tree when we were camping, thinking I was clever, Wasn't that clever the sucker decided to give me a little love bite on the fore arm. so it stuck.

Then Showy(short for Showbags) - Mate of mine who we called "Potholes" walked in through the door of our office one day, I yelled out G'day Potholes and he said "GET F@$#ED SHOWBAGS", Show bags I said and he said yeah full of Sh!t and no value. It stuck as these things do and over the years it got shortened to Showy.

MC97GQ - my initials and what I drive.

Mark

stevogq
7th February 2013, 01:58 PM
Your not talking about Phill "lifo" coz his plates where "LFLWPN"??

Apparently but I've never seen what he looks like lol

cheers stevo.

Alitis007
7th February 2013, 02:13 PM
Apparently but I've never seen what he looks like lol

cheers stevo.

Hahaha, last time i saw him was a fair few years ago. He used to be skinny before he started training, average hight with like blondish colored hair. But thats funny as mate lol

stevogq
7th February 2013, 02:51 PM
Lmao my mate Danny (kure) told me back in 99 that my new name was LIFO lol he knew the other lifo
cheers stevo.

choppie
7th February 2013, 03:09 PM
ha ha its probably better than the picture in my imagination of GROWLER

Keep mind out of gutter Stropp LMFAO

choppie
7th February 2013, 03:25 PM
From when I can remember I was called Snow because I had very blonde hair and when I came over here I got BLOODY KIWI up in Toowoomba,
Then driving an adgie for Boral one of the batchers started calling me lamb chops for obvious reasons, then when I started driving floats one of the boys said
I was too old to be a Lamb, so it became Chops or Choppie, prefer Chops.

boots
7th February 2013, 04:13 PM
Was the first one out of my group of freinds at secondary school to leave and get a job . The job required me to wear steel cap boots and after hours catching up with mates well the nickname boots was used and it stuck . Mum and Dad tried to get the personalised number plates for my 18th birthday but they were taken . My brother and Dad and freinds now still call me boots .

mudski
7th February 2013, 05:05 PM
SPARTACUS no dont have one
"Three dogs" cause at the time I had 3 dogs
Ah big Jack, miss him, best man stopper ever
Lol I though it was a spin off of "two dogs"...
I got mine, well from my number plates on me Troll,

Punderhead
7th February 2013, 09:00 PM
Where to start.

Midget - Because I am 6"4 and weigh too much

Glen 20 - cause playing soccer i was having a bit of foot eye coordination trouble, and had 'More fresh air Kicks then Glen 20'

Forklift - cause I do the heavy lifting

Horse - cause I eat a lot of apples

Oranges - cause I also eat a lot of oranges

The Great Galuke - not sure how I got that one

Lukezilla - Cause Im 6'4 and weigh too much

And many others.

Cheers

AB
7th February 2013, 09:08 PM
Mines boring....lol

Bloodyaussie
7th February 2013, 09:16 PM
Mines boring....lol

You are boring....... snore!!!

Drewboyaus
7th February 2013, 09:46 PM
Drewboy.....just what my mates call me
Or
Fraize....... Modification of my surname.
Or
Angus.......as in the English fast bowler.

Tap this.........

Stropp
7th February 2013, 10:36 PM
Where to start.

Midget - Because I am 6"4 and weigh too much

Glen 20 - cause playing soccer i was having a bit of foot eye coordination trouble, and had 'More fresh air Kicks then Glen 20'

Forklift - cause I do the heavy lifting

Horse - cause I eat a lot of apples

Oranges - cause I also eat a lot of oranges

The Great Galuke - not sure how I got that one

Lukezilla - Cause Im 6'4 and weigh too much

And many others.

Cheers

What about punderhead?

Dark 1
8th February 2013, 12:29 AM
"Dark 1" simple really, play around a little with lights [mates reckon i'm scared of the Dark].

taslucas
8th February 2013, 06:27 AM
Mines boring....lol

Yep mine is too. Can anyone guess? Haha

FanTapstic!

brw1994
8th February 2013, 09:27 AM
This one is new to me but a bloke I work with calls me goldfish.. Related to their poor sense of memory .. Because I forgot something simple twice in a row.. It's sticking too and I don't mind it!

GUtsy ute
9th February 2013, 10:20 AM
I've been everywhere, done everything, can't be told anything because I know it all, but i can't figure
out why I'm called figjam??LOL

I don't have a nickname, just get called various shortened versions of my real name, Gav, Eddy etc.

2TROLLFAM
9th February 2013, 03:22 PM
"Amelia" is Brads ute - his daughter named her after some vampire ..

Personally I don't have a nickname anymore (thank god) unless the boys at work are still calling me "That Bitch!" LOL

When I was younger was called Shazz, then came Shagga followed later by Chocka .... Guess there's no need to explain those LMFAO!!

Sent from Sharen's iPhone using Tapatalk ....

Punderhead
9th February 2013, 05:27 PM
its the name i always use on the net cause you dont need numbers

Cheers!

growler2058
9th February 2013, 09:56 PM
I've been everywhere, done everything, can't be told anything because I know it all, but i can't figure
out why I'm called figjam??LOL

I don't have a nickname, just get called various shortened versions of my real name, Gav, Eddy etc.

ONyA DAD ;)

chester
10th February 2013, 08:48 PM
Im called a few names which i can't say on here.Pretty simple nickname "chester" as last name is chesterfield.No one knows my real name except for family,and thats the way is gunna stay.

FNQGU
15th January 2014, 04:02 PM
Mine's actually Bomber or Benny the Bomber. Came about after passing a particularly bad bit of wind in a small aircraft full of blokes on the way into work…. For some reason I couldn't stop laughing about it at the time, even though the Grumpies, and Growlers who were on the plane were not the least bit impressed. It stuck ever since. Even my nine year old daughter calls me that now.

PMC
15th January 2014, 04:28 PM
Your nickname and how you got it!

G'day folks,

RLI (Rhodesian Light Infantry) i served with the unit during the Bush war in Africa in 1979

Regards,

Paul

ThomasWatson
15th January 2014, 04:34 PM
My girlfriends dad was talking to us outside and asked everyone if we were there for dinner and he looked at me and said what about you whatsy which at first we thought he made it up because my last name is Watson but no he actually forgot my name lol

Gecko17
15th January 2014, 04:52 PM
boring story as well.... surname is MacDonald.
'
First nickname was when I joined the army, at 17, and was stationed in Singapore... was called 'Baby' as was the 2nd youngest out of 508 guys. Got given the nickname of 'Mac' not long after and that stuck for years... still people I served along side for years that can't remember what my proper name is... lol.

Avo
15th January 2014, 10:03 PM
nah-nah,cause my mates thought i had mad cow disease for a while when they handed me this name,
then it stuck when i took a few yrs off work and lived rough,so it was nahnah why don't you get a job.......not a dole bludger either,self funded and cash jobs(and a miss's that worked full time)

Stropp
15th January 2014, 10:32 PM
Nah-nah because you are bananas ???? Lol

Ian2011
15th January 2014, 11:26 PM
Dingo, apparently because when I first joined the army, I was so skinny, I looked like a rabid dog and had to get a doctor's certificate to say I wasn't malnutritioned.

mudnut
15th January 2014, 11:33 PM
My ye olde railways name is 'Hands', but I still don't know why...:)

Faisal
16th January 2014, 11:18 PM
Some nice stories.
Well, Faisal is my first name.