PDA

View Full Version : Wanted TB42 Extractors and advice on them??

MarkGQ
6th February 2013, 07:07 PM
Im after extractors for my old girl, TB42 carby 5 speed, if anyone has some in Tassie or willing to post them I have money ready cheers. Also anyone know just what kind of difference extractors will make to the vehicle???
Cheers Mark.

BigRAWesty
6th February 2013, 08:31 PM
On a petty you'll notice it if your doing the whole system, imo to a minimum 2.5". 2.75 would be best.
If its just the extractors your doing then not much..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

MarkGQ
7th February 2013, 07:32 AM
cool, yeh definatly doing the whole system not just the extractors.

BigRAWesty
7th February 2013, 09:41 AM
Sweet. Yea grab a system like lukey hi flow 2.75" from extractor back. You'll need a high flow cat to, to stay legal..
Get the straight threw tail pipe, and if its to noisy stick a "hot dog" in it to tone it down a little while still keeping a nice growling note..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Bigrig
7th February 2013, 11:54 AM
I whacked a set of pacemaker extractors and a straight through 2.75" system in mine some time back, and whilst the note/tone was good, truth be told, you'd be a medium to notice the difference in power output - fuel economy was "possibly" better but not overwhelmingly noticeable, but strangely enough, torque was mostly affected in the positive - definitely had more noticeable 'get up and go' when at speed trying to overtake etc ... primarily associated to the systems ability to extract more exhaust gases no doubt. Less back pressure = easier burn and expel of gases, but that can also mean more chance of wanting to put the foot down and subsequently, bye bye fuel economy ... especially around town.

Only my experience on mine mate, but I've yet to have anyone post up, show, demonstrate, etc any significant power and/or fuel consumption gains on a TB42.

By the way, I still have the 2.75" system, but have turbo'd the engine and only use marginally more fuel with nearly double the original power figures (getting 192 rear wheel HP on 33" tyres with 7.2lb's of boost ...). More expensive than a set of extractors, but FAR more result on all counts (power, torque, general drivability, etc).

I'd Tap That!!

MarkGQ
7th February 2013, 03:18 PM
Bigrig thats definatly peaked my interest as im just sick and tired of backing into third constantly on any hill and sometimes second just to make it to the top, you can almost hear the engine wanting to just breath out properly and it sounds like this may just help for now, my last patrol a MKTD sh^t all over this thing and im trying not to be put off too much just yet.
Cheers Guys, Mark.