PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler advice please

threedogs
6th February 2013, 05:31 PM
Hi again these new meds working a treat , My OE intercooler I would imagine is leaking by now 190K.
Found this on Ebay Priced under $600 no change over, anyone had any dealings with this Vic seller.?

Winnie
6th February 2013, 05:42 PM
Would help if you said who it is?

threedogs
6th February 2013, 06:02 PM
They are from Hoddle creek, vic sellers name is Kneel100.
don't know how to do the link thing sorry

megatexture
6th February 2013, 06:36 PM
just cut and paste of all in the browser bar showing the website address ..its sold or closed so it seems

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/INTERCOOLER-upgrade-NISSAN-PATROL-GU-3-0-ZD30-TURBO-/190793625440?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c6c2faf60

Maxhead
6th February 2013, 06:40 PM
Looks OK to me, at least its welded not crimped ... Good for the $$$

megatexture
6th February 2013, 06:45 PM
I would have tried one for that price if it was for common rail

threedogs
6th February 2013, 07:21 PM
Thanks all I'll ask him if its pressure tested and to what pressure
Gotta love the Knowledge available on this Forum, Brov U all Thanks heaps

megatexture
6th February 2013, 07:43 PM
Tell him to make one for a crd at the same price cheers lol

threedogs
6th February 2013, 08:42 PM
Pretty sure he has Cr as well

mudski
6th February 2013, 08:50 PM
CR's are different, they have straight outlets by memory. Like I said to you TD. The bloke I spoke to has one, all it gave him was lower EGT's. No power increase. plus the fitting was not exact he said too, but thats kind of expected I reckon. I saw them a while back on a chinese website and they could be bought here for about $450 I think it was. Landed.
I've been thinking about this one too.
O.h the other thing that was mentioned. He said that the front tank got really hot and it actually melted the plastic boost sensor he had fitted into it. After running a brass pipe of the fitting first, then the sensor he said it was fine. Tells me the tanks are made from a coke can...

megatexture
6th February 2013, 08:59 PM
Pretty sure he has Cr as well

I looked up his other items if he has them not selling ATM

the evil twin
7th February 2013, 01:19 AM
snip...
O.h the other thing that was mentioned. He said that the front tank got really hot and it actually melted the plastic boost sensor he had fitted into it. After running a brass pipe of the fitting first, then the sensor he said it was fine. Tells me the tanks are made from a coke can...

The 'front' tank holds the after cooled charge air.

If the air in that tank is still that hot after passing thru the 'cooler that it melts the boost sensor then the Intercooler cannot possibly be doing it's job.

If that is indeed the case then I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole

threedogs
7th February 2013, 07:33 AM
Mudski so your saying steer clear of this IC ???
I've asked the seller some hard questions, even if it has warranty
Put in request for Cr IC's, fingers crossed

mudski
7th February 2013, 08:01 AM
I would like to actually see one first. Mainly from the heat issue on the front tank because as ET said... I know these are from China, he doesn't make them.

WogsRus
7th February 2013, 08:03 AM
I just brought a 300x280x76 mm core for $60 brand spanka, going to have mate make up end tanks and so forth, so should come in at $200 all up and give a good decrease to EGTs thus raise torque.

mudski
7th February 2013, 08:05 AM
Well if it works, tell him to make some more and flog'em here.
If forgot to add, have a look at the HPD coolers. Looks like the two sellers are buying from the same mob. Only one seller is twice the price.

megatexture
7th February 2013, 08:43 AM
Typical same deal I found with lightbars a mob in jimboomba claim to make them in-house and are double the price of eBay ones of same build

threedogs
7th February 2013, 11:59 AM
Might just buy the core and make some end tanks from polished alloy checker plate.
just need to source to alloy hose fittings, or if any one knows. I'm going to start making these as the prices they go for
is stealing IMO. way too high, thats what greedy people do. why not a quality product at a fair price. M2cW

Alitis007
7th February 2013, 01:03 PM
I might be able to get some coolers for a good price, i know i can definitely front mounted but i'll let you guys know about the top mounted stuff.

Alitis007
7th February 2013, 01:24 PM
Ok for the time being i can only get front mounts unless you can mount this front mount in2551025511