PDA

View Full Version : Diesel fuel transfer pump

DX grunt
6th February 2013, 02:28 PM
Hello

I think my diesel fuel transfer pump that transfers fuel from the sub to the mains has packed it in.

I was driving along, minding my own business and heard a noise. I thought I'd run over something, so I looked in my mirror and saw a big blue puff of smoke.

Stopped as soon as I could, checked underneath, and all looked good. Checked all the fluid levels and all OK.

Kept driving and after I filled up the mains and about 20lts in sub tank, noticed that the needle stayed on empty and when I press the sub tank button, the little green light doesn't come on.

Am I correct? If not, any ideas. Thanks.

Great start to my beach camping trip!

Rossco

DX grunt
6th February 2013, 08:47 PM
Bump.

Anybody?

philfree
6th February 2013, 08:59 PM
im not sure exactly what the problem is with why the guage isn't working but the control module for the fuel transfer needs them to work otherwise it can't safely transfer the fuel the the light won't come on the other thing ive done to get them going is reset the module for 30seconds and plug it back in it's located under the radio infront of the gear stick inside the dash for some reason disconnecting the battery dosen't always do the job.

Yendor
6th February 2013, 09:25 PM
Did you check the wire harness that goes to the sub tank for any damage?

DX grunt
6th February 2013, 09:37 PM
Did you check the wire harness that goes to the sub tank for any damage?
Not yet, but will do tomorrow.

my third 256
7th February 2013, 07:20 AM
light wont come on if main is full
check fuse ?

Maxhead
7th February 2013, 07:24 AM
I had this issue with my GU8 once Ross, I unplugged the battery for a while and it solved the issue. As above it might be better to reset the module tho. Good luck

DX grunt
7th February 2013, 09:32 AM
Thanks guys.

I still don't understand why I would see a puff of smoke. Never-the-less, I'll suss it out. I got a quote from Nizzbits for a new pump. They're not cheap and in fairness to Garry, he gave me some good fault finding advice, too. Thanks, Gaz.