PDA

View Full Version : ls1 crate motor

gqmoder
5th February 2013, 11:13 PM
ho folks
i'm chasing an ls1 crate motor if anyone knows of one at a resonable price.
might have to save for abit before i pay for it.
putting it in my gq
might even sell it all if the price was right if anyone interested

1991 gq patrol
3 inch dobinson lift
tought dog panhard rods
adjustable drag link
tough dog return to centre steering dampener
extended brake lines
dellows chev to tb42 gearbox bellhousing
msd small hi torgue starter motor
heavy duty flywheel and clutch
ls1 wiring loom (fully wired and modified and labeled up by me SPENT HOURS ON IT)
33X12.5 Bf goodrich km2 mud terrain tyres on
15x10 inch black king rims
locker in the front diff
tight lsd in the rear diff
dual fuel taks
two ls1 fuel pumps one for each tank
ls1 maf sensor
ls1 map sendor
ls1 air intake temp sensor
ls1 air box
snorkel
look to much to list
dunno if i can be bothered finishing the project, lost the heart for it.
i have travelled around australia and i KNOW how to do up a 4wd
i have built this beast on the back of many years experience offroading in all australia has to offer.
its gold!
message me if interested ... i put A HEAP of heart into this truck please dont message me with offers that are a joke!!!!

Alitis007
6th February 2013, 08:01 AM
Eagle spares, Rocket industries and VPW have crate motors give them a call an find out and i think even Holden sell them aswell

threedogs
6th February 2013, 08:17 AM
Why not buy a Clumsydoor thats been hit up the back, then you have loom , ecu, etc
Negotiate with wrecker to buy back what you don't want. As you may know Kustom looms
are the place for Patrol to GM electrics, goodluck great combo LS1 x GQ

taslucas
6th February 2013, 09:35 AM
Sorry to hear you've post heart after your eBay experience. My boss just got a crate engine for his monaro (I need to ask for a raise lol). Apparently great service, they dud some tuning and even sent him a video of it on the dyno before freighting to Tassie. His wasn't an ls1 but he said the company did them. I'll find out which company it was through.
It might even be one of the above mentioned companys.
Don't give up because of some eBay w@nket! :-)
FanTapstic!

gqmoder
6th February 2013, 04:50 PM
i'm dealing with the cops and accc what not every day over this crap at the moment i just cant be bothered with it anymore i wanna go out the back and burn the bloody thing.

gqmoder
6th February 2013, 04:51 PM
Eagle spares, Rocket industries and VPW have crate motors give them a call an find out and i think even Holden sell them aswell

cheers for that eagle look like the cheapest at $4500

not cheap

threedogs
6th February 2013, 05:57 PM
Whats on the motor for that money ?

gqmoder
6th February 2013, 06:01 PM
Whats on the motor for that money ?

nothing man its just a crate motor (long motor)

threedogs
6th February 2013, 06:04 PM
Couldn't/wouldn't you get better value for your money buying a late model wreck ???
It'll have everything you want, even front buckets

Alitis007
6th February 2013, 06:40 PM
To buy a wreck at the auctions your looking at $2000 plus, thats what i paid for a repairable wright off from the insurance company

gqmoder
6th February 2013, 07:57 PM
i have already blown 2 grand on a motor dude don't really wanna do it again

gqmoder
6th February 2013, 07:58 PM
i'm gunna burn this fing truck

taslucas
6th February 2013, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE=gqmoder;329203]i have already blown 2 grand on a motor dude don't really wanna do it again[/QUOTE]
Why did you ask then!!????

Your obviously feeling down mate and its totally understandable. But if you don't want help from the question you posted then probably best you go your own way.

On the other hand, if you want help, support and a shoulder to lean on then stick around because the members here are top notch and will endeavor to lend a hand.

Turn that frown upside down lol. I spent $4500 on an auto box issue just months after purchasing my GQ and still did not fix it. Thats nearly one eighth of my yearly wage. The guys here helped me in my sad times, they are a great bunch. Just don't bring us down

FanTapstic!

Alitis007
6th February 2013, 08:41 PM
i have already blown 2 grand on a motor dude don't really wanna do it again

Mate these things happen, i've spent $50k on my toy that i now drive not even once a month! If this is your first modded car then champ i gota tell ya if your not prepared for big $$$ then keep it stock!!! When you start modifying a car you have to be prepared for some sort of heart ache and as taucas said where here to help if you want it, theres people from all walks of life here that will give a little if not all of their experience to help solve your issue.

Now whats exactly blown in that dud ebay motor you got?? Crank? Conrod? Piston? A full stock rebuild done correctly will cost you $6000 with quality parts, and being a 2nd hand engine would have needed some sort of freshen up anyway if you wanted it to be reliable for touring!!

gqmoder
6th February 2013, 08:59 PM
i ment on a second motor man

gqmoder
6th February 2013, 09:06 PM
i can rebuild it myself with new quality pistons, rings, big end bearings, cam bearings, oil pump, valves, valve seats, valvel springs, connected lifters, pushrods, etc for around 3k.
no i have rebuilt several motors.
just lost motivation, pissed of with it all.
ill go around a mates on the weekend that is doing a ba turbo into a patrol conversion and see if i can get excited about it again.
still thinking crate motor and change the oil pump and lifters at this point if i go ahead and do it will need to sell my commodore calais or something first tho.

DEFFINANTLY DO NOT WANT ANOTHER EBAY 2K MOTOR. i learn from my mistakes. i aint buying anything of ebay.

BigRAWesty
6th February 2013, 09:29 PM
Don't get down mate. Everyone gets ripped off some were. Some worse than others. Unfortunately your one of the top.end poor buggers.

Imo just leave it for a week. Go help ya mate with his sweet sounding mod and get enthused again.

By the sounds of it a wreck is possible the way to go, and threw reputable dealers they should offer warranty, if not screw them down... This way as mentioned you have your wiring harness, motor etc and if your lucky some sweeet bucket seats...

Imo a good way to go..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Alitis007
6th February 2013, 11:07 PM
I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way mate coz i didn't mean to sound aggressive. When i built my toy half way thru my build while i was running in the motor i got EPA'd twice and lost my license 4 times haha but it still didn't stop me. Like you i lost a little interest but what i did was (it might sound silly to you but it gets me going lol), i gave my Rx7 a full detail inside and out, cut n polish n all just to re ignite my passion for it and all my hard work i put in.

Its up to you what you want to do with your truck , you might have to cut your losses and work with what you got or shell out more $$$$ for another motor and sell what you don't need from the blown one to get some of your coin back like the heads, inlet manifold and sump. So see how you go.

gqmoder
7th February 2013, 09:10 PM
EPA'd?? what does stand for?

Alitis007
7th February 2013, 10:54 PM
EPA'd?? what does stand for?

Defected for not running pollution gear and i got sent to the Environment Protection Agency to be tested for noise , exhaust gas emissions and to make sure i complied with ADR's (australian design ruls). HAHAHAHA yeh right i was running 3" turbo back with a punched out cat then twin 2.5" to straight thru mufflers, SO I WAS LOUD lol about 110db at idle haha plus 4 x 1000cc injectors and the rest, pretty much a drag car with street trim lmao. But yeh i had to make a race engine pass as stock ,twice!! So i had fun and felt very deflated but 1 look at my rx7 and i'm ready to rumble hahah

davo94
8th February 2013, 09:10 AM
holmart.com

Australian sold genuine..

Get one fit it and show up,..... Go now.... Please?

I am thinking of doing the same conversion on a gu that has a dead 3l.

gqmoder
8th February 2013, 08:25 PM
i may have another motor coming guy sent me an sms and said if i send him a letter with my name, address and a copy of receipt and saying i will delete all post referring to it he will give me another motor but i have to pay my own frieght, i could not give him my address as both the NSW and ACT coppers told me not to do it. I cleared it with the NSW cops and they said send it but dont give my address and the accc won't persue unless i exhaust all options so i sent the lettter today. not holding my breath but have just waiting to see if he follows through on what he has said he will do.

Alitis007
8th February 2013, 09:10 PM
The choice is yours mate

NissanGQ4.2
8th February 2013, 10:46 PM
Could we all please stay on topic and reframe from referring to what happened in the "Warning to all thread" Just remember that got closed down and deleted, I do not want to see this thread travel down the same path.

Cheers

Todd

lorrieandjas
8th February 2013, 10:50 PM
Hey Todd - well bloody said mate!

Jas

gqmoder
9th February 2013, 08:45 AM
ok nissangq

i'm off to work going around to see how tony is going with his ba conversion tomorrow
one of the apprentices at work recons they have ls1 crate motors at some company in gouldburn (town an hrs drive from canberra) for $4800
they are on facebook. bswoom he told me i have to get the misses to look them up on facebook and see if they seem trust worthy.

gqmoder
4th March 2013, 07:59 PM
scum bag was totally full of sh!t about the motor never intended to send it just wanted me to take down posts when they day come it was just more excuses like i have not taken the posts down yet and shit just told me to f!ck off then in the end said if you don't like it come see me and hung up in my ear. anyway i have sources another motor and i am going to pick it up tomorrow (new never been started this time) i will start a new thread soon on the project. putting in a BRAND NEW motor so should be good also going 6 ltr this time instead of 5.7

NissanGQ4.2
4th March 2013, 08:09 PM
scum bag was totally full of sh!t about the motor never intended to send it just wanted me to take down posts when they day come it was just more excuses like i have not taken the posts down yet and shit just told me to f!ck off then in the end said if you don't like it come see me and hung up in my ear. anyway i have sources another motor and i am going to pick it up tomorrow (new never been started this time) i will start a new thread soon on the project. putting in a BRAND NEW motor so should be good also going 6 ltr this time instead of 5.7

Please refer to post 24, and please refrain from swearing in your post 2 please.

Cheers

Todd

twase
5th March 2013, 03:45 PM
Good to see your still moving forward with your project. It will be well worth it in the end.

gqmoder
6th March 2013, 06:45 PM
thanks tony, i bought it from a REPUTABLE engine builder this time. no more shady buggers ripping me off. sourced a new motor not been started from spencer race engines in geelong victoria. after considering doing a rebuild and speaking to all the engine builders in canberra and looking into rebuilding myself, i really just had enough of that motor after all it had put me through i really was ready to give it all away but i come a across this motor at this propper shop building thousands of motors for ppl all over the country and you should see this guys shop as soon as i walked in there i saw this thumping big blower sitting on the counter and blocks and engines everywhere. he has engines out the back from all over the country.it is going to cost me alot more but i am going to end up with a much better truck. for 6 grand i got a 6 ltr ls2 never been started, custom grind crank, 6.2 litre ls3 square port heads, all this other stuff its a ripper!!!! so i have to work my ass off and save up money cause i need bucket loads of stuff now, throttle body, sensors, water pump, computer, loom etc. im still spewing about the 2 grand i got ripped that could of gone to this motor, that is going to be an open wound that will not heal for a LONG time i will never ever ever trust anybody from ebay or sydney wreckers again, i am so scared of using ebay now.im going to buy everything i need from this guys i got the motor off or ppl i actually know that live in canberra. i wouldnt even let this guy send me the motor hey i drove all the way to geelong in victoria and stood there and spoke to the guy and picked his brains for ages before i handed over the money if he had of given me the smallest reason to doubt him i was just going to jump back in my car and drive away and get a different motor hey, im so carfull now i trust no one.

gqmoder
6th March 2013, 06:49 PM
i need to change a few things about my conversion now. my self made 3 inch exhaust will now long cut the mustard after speaking to this guy i need to scrap that idea and run DUAL 2.5 or 3 inch

gqmoder
6th March 2013, 06:53 PM
my snorkel is going to be to small so im going to make my own 4 inch snorkel and intake and modify my gen 3 airbox to have 4 inch in and out. i told the guy i already have two fuel tank both already modified with plates welded into them to take the ls1 self regulating fuel pump and he said thats fine they will feed this motor no worries so i can keep that set up.
thinking i might run two pcm (computers) one with a touring tune and put in a electric bypass valve in the intake line (if i can get a 4 inch one)n that bypasses the MAF sensor and have a power tune on the second pcm that takes full advantage of what this worked motor can do.

gqmoder
6th March 2013, 06:55 PM
anyway im remotivated on this project now ill get back into it

twase
6th March 2013, 09:42 PM
anyway im remotivated on this project now ill get back into it

Good to hear you are heading in the right direction again.

gqmoder
4th July 2013, 06:07 PM
hi folks,
just wanting to bounce some ideas of you all. here is my intake what do you all think?
any idea how I could do it better??
I'm going to run it through the panel right near the box there and run the snorkel up the pillar because the inlet for the air box is pointing straight towards the panel the way its sitting

also here is my exhaust I'm building......
3" from the header, into 2 2.5inch catalytic converters, then through a x pipe then through the two mufflers and then into a collector and one 3" pipe the exit.

it all needs to pass pollution, engineering and must be under 90db