PDA

View Full Version : thermal fans and temp is up

ckh
5th February 2013, 08:38 PM
i discovered on the week end my thermo fan on from of radator wasnt working, after testin git found it was a dead short. rerplaced it with a working one, but still wouldnt turn on when aircon was running and temp was up, wired it up with relay so now comes on when aircon is running, but have noticed temp on guage is hiher than normal and my saas temp guage got up to 100c, there was roon to mount a second fan along side of it, did that but made no difference, you can hear them roaring when running.. a guy told me to loose them all together and just let my viscous fan do the cooling, he said some dont have electric fans at all. but being an auto transmission i though i would need at least one fan there to try and keep the tranny at least cooler..

any suggestions...

threedogs
5th February 2013, 08:44 PM
Yendor is your man, whats your radiator like the bottom could be blocked with mud and dust ,
gently hose it or remove and clean properly. tbh these type of jobs should be done around sept.
Is the fan pushing or pulling in the correct direction

Yendor
5th February 2013, 08:45 PM
Are you sure you have the fan running in the right direction?

Try hanging a piece of A4 paper in front of the fan. The paper should be pulled into the fan and not be pushed away.