PDA

View Full Version : World 1st Iphone 5 untethered jailbreak released!!!!!!

trekster
5th February 2013, 05:49 AM
Hey guys,

If you know about jailbreaking and have an iphone 5, you would know it hasn't been possible to jailbreak since the iphone 5s release, and earlier 4/4s have only been able to jailbreak via a tethered method.

Well the team at evaders have today released evasi0n, a tool that will jailbreak any device on ios 6.0-6.1 and it will be untethered!!!!!!

Check out http://evasi0n.com/

Why jailbreak? It allows you to unlock far more apps etc that you wouldn't normally be able to access, you customise background with themes, change the welcome screen etc.

Definitely worth the effort and its free!

Cheers,
Eric.

BigRAWesty
5th February 2013, 06:55 AM
Shoulda bought an android... :p

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Maxhead
5th February 2013, 06:59 AM
WHAT!! iPhones can actually do things???? LOLOLOL

Bigrig
5th February 2013, 07:15 AM
The iPhone 5 is amazing ... just the other day, I wanted a pizza right ... so I went to the Apple AppStore and searched through application downloads for "pizza" ... low and behold, apps for Domino's, Pizza Hut and Eagle Boys came up!!!! WOW!!! So being an Eagle Boys lover, I proceeded to type in my ID and password (it was free by the way!! WOW!!) and it only took about a minute to download the app!!

After it was downloaded, I opened the app and you could order the pizza through it by putting in all your details (including your credit card, full name, and home address) and it contacts the store for you directly with your order (that you simply type in through a bunch of different screens before submitting it, and all that personal information, straight to a $12 per hour Uni student at the other end!! WOW!!!).

And then, in about 30-40 minutes the pizzas showed up and they were just like normal pizzas you order any other time!! WOW!!!

Technology hey?? Who would have thought we'd get to the stage where we could order pizza over the phone??!!!!

LMFAO!!!

I'd Tap That!!

Bloodyaussie
5th February 2013, 07:38 AM
The iPhone 5 is amazing ... just the other day, I wanted a pizza right ... so I went to the Apple AppStore and searched through application downloads for "pizza" ... low and behold, apps for Domino's, Pizza Hut and Eagle Boys came up!!!! WOW!!! So being an Eagle Boys lover, I proceeded to type in my ID and password (it was free by the way!! WOW!!) and it only took about a minute to download the app!!

After it was downloaded, I opened the app and you could order the pizza through it by putting in all your details (including your credit card, full name, and home address) and it contacts the store for you directly with your order (that you simply type in through a bunch of different screens before submitting it, and all that personal information, straight to a $12 per hour Uni student at the other end!! WOW!!!).

And then, in about 30-40 minutes the pizzas showed up and they were just like normal pizzas you order any other time!! WOW!!!

Technology hey?? Who would have thought we'd get to the stage where we could order pizza over the phone??!!!!

LMFAO!!!

I'd Tap That!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

I am really starting to dislike my iphone.... my wife wants one of those new Nokia's that is coming out in March and I would like a Samsung!!

Winnie
5th February 2013, 07:47 AM
I've got the Samsung Galaxy S3 and its awesome. Hated my old iPhone.

BigRAWesty
5th February 2013, 07:49 AM

LMFAO!!!

I'd Tap That!!

Lmao...

You do know a phone call would have been cheaper though..;)

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

taslucas
5th February 2013, 08:26 AM
Poor old iPhone users...... Always taking the long way for a short cut.

I've always known the vast potential of an iPhone, but it's easier to jump backwards through hoops of fire while eating glass and juggling chainsaws.

Has anyone seen the tiny disclaimer that is on all crApple products??
It says: by purchasing a crApple product, you, the customer have agreed to be bent over and royally screwed.

Lmfao!!!

FanTapstic!

Bloodyaussie
5th February 2013, 08:31 AM
If I was to get a Samsung is there a way to import all me contacts????

BigRAWesty
5th February 2013, 08:54 AM
Yep. Via g mail. You simply upload them to the account from your iPhone, then sync it to your new one..

http://m.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-transfer-your-contacts-between-iphone-and-android/

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

oncedisturbed
5th February 2013, 10:25 AM
Yep. Via g mail. You simply upload them to the account from your iPhone, then sync it to your new one..

http://m.digitaltrends.com/mobile/how-to-transfer-your-contacts-between-iphone-and-android/

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

I wish I knew that 2 weeks ago :(

taslucas
5th February 2013, 10:27 AM

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

You forgot the juggling chainsaws bit!!

FanTapstic!

wildgu6
5th February 2013, 01:03 PM
the iphone 5 is amazing ... Just the other day, i wanted a pizza right ... So i went to the apple appstore and searched through application downloads for "pizza" ... Low and behold, apps for domino's, pizza hut and eagle boys came up!!!! Wow!!! So being an eagle boys lover, i proceeded to type in my id and password (it was free by the way!! Wow!!) and it only took about a minute to download the app!!

After it was downloaded, i opened the app and you could order the pizza through it by putting in all your details (including your credit card, full name, and home address) and it contacts the store for you directly with your order (that you simply type in through a bunch of different screens before submitting it, and all that personal information, straight to a $12 per hour uni student at the other end!! Wow!!!).

And then, in about 30-40 minutes the pizzas showed up and they were just like normal pizzas you order any other time!! Wow!!!

Lmfao!!!

I'd tap that!!

rofpml.......

Tappn out

wildgu6
5th February 2013, 01:07 PM
Hey guys,

If you know about jailbreaking and have an iphone 5, you would know it hasn't been possible to jailbreak since the iphone 5s release, and earlier 4/4s have only been able to jailbreak via a tethered method.

Well the team at evaders have today released evasi0n, a tool that will jailbreak any device on ios 6.0-6.1 and it will be untethered!!!!!!

Check out http://evasi0n.com/

Why jailbreak? It allows you to unlock far more apps etc that you wouldn't normally be able to access, you customise background with themes, change the welcome screen etc.

Definitely worth the effort and its free!

Cheers,
Eric.

Cheers Eric, had jailbreak on iPhone 4 but haven't been able to do it to 4s.
Has its benefits but pretty sad when you do it just to get a descent ringtone, (thunderstruck) hahahahahah

TAPPN OUT

MudRunnerTD
5th February 2013, 03:00 PM
Never seen a need...... My iPhone5 is great.

I think its hilarious to see al the iPhone haters talk about what their Android will do NOW!..But Before???? Before Apple Blazed the trail of the world we now live in i am sure the Android would still be a great bit of kit! Lets face it we thought the Nokia n95 was the ducks Guts!! LMAO

Would "Smart phones" and Tablets even exist without Apple? hmmmmmmm? Dunno? I reckon my iPhone5 is Great. ;) but then again i dont use Tappacrap because viewing this forum via Safari on my iPhone is faultless!!! Go Figure!

Tap That ;)

lhurley
5th February 2013, 03:29 PM
I love my iphone 5. I did this jailbreak this morning. I had my old 3g jailbroken nearly 4 years, and gave it up as i didnt use it, but went back after i saw what they can do with it now.

I agree with what MR said, where would the smart phone industry be without apple?

I dont understand why people hate iphones so much. they are super simple to use, if you have any trouble apple will deal with it. Nearly all of my mates have iphones, all of them love them. those few mates that dont, have had endless trouble with the android crap phones. Heck, 99% of android phones even feel cheap and nasty. Why would you pay half the price for something that isnt going to work as well and isnt built well?

Maxhead
5th February 2013, 03:50 PM
I had my old 3g jailbroken nearly 4 years, and gave it up as i didnt use it, but went back after i saw what they can do with it now.

I dont understand why people hate iphones so much. they are super simple to use,

Firstly what is so new you went back???

Secondly I totally agree, people buy them as they are simple to use and the format is the same in each version of the phone. People don't want to learn new features or different layouts, they just want a phone that works and takes photos and plays music. Limited as it might be, that is what they want. This concepts suits most iPhone users.

What I dont understand is why people buy an iPhone and then jail brake it????????? If you want extra features, ringtones, functions, fully customisable phone then surely you''d buy an android!

I am by no means an iPhone hater but I do like to be able to enjoy tinkering and changing how my phone works or performs.

Lastly, iPhone was the pioneer in the smart phone industry but by all means the competition wasn't that far behind. They just needed to accelerate their developments to hang on in the market. I think the iWhatever era is just about to end sadly. I hope not as it it a good product. I think Steve Jobs shoes are too big to fill for the current(and most) CEO. RIP Steve! Absolute legend!

taslucas
5th February 2013, 04:41 PM
Never seen a need...... My iPhone5 is great.

I think its hilarious to see al the iPhone haters talk about what their Android will do NOW!..But Before???? Before Apple Blazed the trail of the world we now live in i am sure the Android would still be a great bit of kit! Lets face it we thought the Nokia n95 was the ducks Guts!! LMAO

Tap That ;)

Haha and henry ford "blazed the trail" for the motor vehicle production line.... Doesn't mean that Fords are the best car now;-)

I admit the iPod was a great little device. But the iPhone has really dropped the ball.

I'm not a hater either, I just like to choose products wisely.

Please explain the process of setting up a song as a ringtone on an iPhone;-)
Of my battery fails on an iPhone, where can I buy a new one?;-)

What if I have some pics on a USB and want to pit them onto an iPad?

What do I do if my iPad memory is full? How easy is it to expand?

threedogs
5th February 2013, 04:53 PM
Being a luddite let me start by saying if you want a pizza ring them, just got a Galaxy S3 way too many buttons/apps
Does anyone make a phone thats just that a phone. Apps Thats not even a word, try using it in a sentence.
I apps that, see doesn't even make sense. so now I got a phone with more technology in it than NASA had putting
man on the moon. like to see an APP for that, APPS whats that apps lol M2Cw

@ lucas get on ebay and buy a bigger battery for your "phone" more milli Ah
only about $11, turn off all your APPS lol and put "Phone" on power save

Winnie
5th February 2013, 04:54 PM
To be fair you can make custom ring tones on an iPhone via iTunes. It's not super simple but if you have a clue what you're doing its not hard.
Sooooooo much easier on android though.

wildgu6
5th February 2013, 05:25 PM
Haha and henry ford "blazed the trail" for the motor vehicle production line.... Doesn't mean that Fords are the best car now;-)

I admit the iPod was a great little device. But the iPhone has really dropped the ball.

I'm not a hater either, I just like to choose products wisely.

Please explain the process of setting up a song as a ringtone on an iPhone;-)
Of my battery fails on an iPhone, where can I buy a new one?;-)

What if I have some pics on a USB and want to pit them onto an iPad?

What do I do if my iPad memory is full? How easy is it to expand?

So true mate about Henry ford, Holden's rule but won't go where the Trol does. Lol

Don't think iPhone has dropped the ball, just keeping it real, you just wait the iPhone 6 will order your pizza just on the thought of hunger hahaha, and yes choosing a product to suit your needs is wise, the galaxy are good but not as good as the iPhone IMO, was looking at getting one till used the miss's.
She has gal s2 and every day she gets home she says, can I have your phone, Go figure.
The battery life on the iPhone is far superior to the galaxy, hands down.

Can't help ya with the iPad as don't have one.

Setting up a song as ringtone is total BS if you don't have jailbreak, then you can use any song you wish that is stored on you phone or puter, cant remember exactly as its been a while, but you need to go through i think its winterboard ?? as said its been a while, would have to check it out for you. anyway without jailbreak your pretty well screwed and can just PAY for crappy snippets of songs that don't even sound original. Blah blah blah I need another scotch.

TAPPN OUT

taslucas
5th February 2013, 05:27 PM
Apps Thats not even a word, try using it in a sentence.
I apps that, see doesn't even make sense.

@ lucas get on ebay and buy a bigger battery for your "phone" more milli Ah
only about $11, turn off all your APPS lol and put "Phone" on power save

Lol, apps is short for applications, but I'm guessing you were just joking lol.
And the bit about phone battery was a bit sarcastic as the iPhone battery is built into the phone and not removable.

To be fair you can make custom ring tones on an iPhone via iTunes. It's not super simple but if you have a clue what you're doing its not hard.
Sooooooo much easier on android though.

It's the "not super simple" bit that's annoying with apple because they have the power to make it super simple but are only interested in sucking you into the apple world.

FanTapstic!

lhurley
5th February 2013, 06:35 PM
Personally, I hate music ringtones, they ruin the song for me, mines an old school phone ring. But in saying that, it's not overly hard to make a ring tone, I can't remember exactly how, as i only did it once.

The reason I went back to jailbreak, is a couple of cool little apps that just put the iPhone into another league. I will have to find the video later once I'm on the computer but, they have done a fair bit.

Another cool thing about my iPhone is, we have outdoor speakers on our patio, as soon as I am in wifi I can play music straight from my phone to them. As far as I know that isn't available to android.

Winnie
5th February 2013, 06:42 PM
You can blue tooth stream music through android no dramas

MudRunnerTD
5th February 2013, 06:46 PM
See I find it really simple to navigate my iphone5. It's logical and things are where they logically should be. Maybe we have different logic.

As for ringtones???? To be honest I am a high end user on my IPhone and am on the unlimited cap on Telstra. Given its for business I have never thought about using anything but a standard ring. Even in the old days a tune ringtone I found hard to hear and frustrating. It's a bloody phone first and foremost! LMAO

But everything about the use of an iPhone is easy.

I will admit though that I have not really played with an Android phone as I don't see the point? I don't want or need one so not really interested LOL.

I use a Mac laptop too and it's been years since I was on a pc and get a little post and frustrated when I have to do something on my wife's laptop. Drives me nuts! Stupid thing! LMAO!!

NissanGQ4.2
5th February 2013, 06:50 PM
There is hope for you yet Darren *L*

Alitis007
5th February 2013, 07:35 PM
How did untethered jailbreak turn into iPhone V Android ?? Lol

IMO jailbreaking is theft, if i want an app i pay for it, if i want a ring tone you DL a program called iringer, select 30seconds of a song i like, save it and sync it to my phone done!! If you want your slider to have a pic of a turbo and doses when you unlock it BUY A VL TURBO you dose as often as you like!!!

I love my iPhone, its easy to use i have 3 days of music on it and i can play it in all 3 of my cars thru the connection, androids cant and even new cars have IPOD CONNECTIVITY NOT ANDROID. But the best is iMessage, can android have a group msg that acts is like a chat site can it?? Didn't think so!!! I have a group msg with 4 of my mates we can have a laugh and bag each other in a single msg and thers nothing like being at the shop and your phone starts going nuts with a 5 way conversation lol and we can see if its been read or not, thats great if your a bit stalkerish you can make sure your not being ignored haha

Clunk
5th February 2013, 07:51 PM
All I'm reading is " iPhone blah blah this, iPhone blah blah that" !!!!!!!!!! Hahahaha

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Winnie
5th February 2013, 07:52 PM

IMO jailbreaking is theft, if i want an app i pay for it, if i want a ring tone you DL a program called iringer, select 30seconds of a song i like, save it and sync it to my phone done!! If you want your slider to have a pic of a turbo and doses when you unlock it BUY A VL TURBO you dose as often as you like!!!

I love my iPhone, its easy to use i have 3 days of music on it and i can play it in all 3 of my cars thru the connection, androids cant and even new cars have IPOD CONNECTIVITY NOT ANDROID. But the best is iMessage, can android have a group msg that acts is like a chat site can it?? Didn't think so!!! I have a group msg with 4 of my mates we can have a laugh and bag each other in a single msg and thers nothing like being at the shop and your phone starts going nuts with a 5 way conversation lol and we can see if its been read or not, thats great if your a bit stalkerish you can make sure your not being ignored haha

If you love your iPhone so much shy don't you marry it?!?!?!

Alitis007
5th February 2013, 07:55 PM
If you love your iPhone so much shy don't you marry it?!?!?!

I asked Siri, she said humans and inanimate objects cant get married!!

Alitis007
5th February 2013, 07:55 PM
AND iPHONE HAS SIRI so suck on them apples HAHAHA!!

Clunk
5th February 2013, 08:00 PM

I asked her but she said she didn't have any due to her not being real :D

Maxhead
5th February 2013, 08:01 PM
Remember guys, there is a thing called bluetooth , you can play your music in most cars as they have BT these days.

And which connector do the cars accommodate for the old or the new iOne....lol

taslucas
5th February 2013, 08:02 PM

IMO jailbreaking is theft, if i want an app i pay for it, if i want a ring tone you DL a program called iringer, select 30seconds of a song i like, save it and sync it to my phone done!!

But the best is iMessage, can android have a group msg that acts is like a chat site can it?? Didn't think so!!! I have a group msg with 4 of my mates we can have a laugh and bag each other in a single msg and thers nothing like being at the shop and your phone starts going nuts with a 5 way conversation lol and we can see if its been read or not,

It turned into android vs iPhone because us android users were trying to explain that many features jailbreaking opens up on iPhone are already present on android.

To set a ringtone on android, you just pick the song, DONE! You dont need to fill your phone with apps just to get basic features. (I don't really care about ringtones to be honest though)

As for the imessage, android syncs to Gmail, Google+ and Google messenger. Google messenger is just like imessage except you can have it on any device not just iPhone. So you can have your 4 way conversation with anyone not just iPhone owners.
All three are also synced to your computer through your gmail account so everything is viewable everywhere.

At the end of the day though, it's only worth having features if you use them so most people don't miss what they dont use regardless of the device.
Let us all hail our addictive smart phones! :-):-)

FanTapstic!

Winnie
5th February 2013, 08:04 PM
Seriously though how good is jetpack joyride?

NissanGQ4.2
5th February 2013, 08:07 PM
IMO jailbreaking is theft

IMO Jailbreaking is far from theft.......its turning a worthless piece of crap into something half usable *LMAO*

growler2058
5th February 2013, 08:18 PM
as the iPhone battery is built into the phone and not removable.

FanTapstic!

I have bought another battery for my 4GS and a mate put it in so go suck eggs hahahahahaha. And Siri is hot hahahahahahaahhaaha

Maxhead
5th February 2013, 08:24 PM
And Siri is hot hahahahahahaahhaaha

You changed it to the male version again, haven't you??!!! bwahahahahah

growler2058
5th February 2013, 08:27 PM
You changed it to the male version again, haven't you??!!! bwahahahahah

Yeah but I recorded your voice so it's even more arousing xxx

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

Maxhead
5th February 2013, 08:30 PM
Yeah but I recorded your voice so it's even more arousing xxx

Nah mate, dont believe ya!!!! You must own an Android if you can do that......

growler2058
5th February 2013, 08:32 PM
Actually when you ring an alarm sounds a squawks F@ckwit alert f@ckwit alert hahahahahahahhaa

Maxhead
5th February 2013, 08:36 PM
Actually when you ring an alarm sounds a squawks F@ckwit alert f@ckwit alert hahahahahahahhaa

Ahhhh, I see you've jailbroken yours....squawk, squawk...hahhahah

taslucas
5th February 2013, 08:37 PM
I have bought another battery for my 4GS and a mate put it in so go suck eggs hahahahahaha. And Siri is hot hahahahahahaahhaaha

You had to get a mate to put it in!? So it's a fairly easy procedures then? Lol

Have you seen the "big bang theory" episode where raj has a relationship with siri? Say no more lol

FanTapstic!

mudski
5th February 2013, 08:37 PM
See I find it really simple to navigate my iphone5. It's logical and things are where they logically should be. Maybe we have different logic.

As for ringtones???? To be honest I am a high end user on my IPhone and am on the unlimited cap on Telstra. Given its for business I have never thought about using anything but a standard ring. Even in the old days a tune ringtone I found hard to hear and frustrating. It's a bloody phone first and foremost! LMAO

But everything about the use of an iPhone is easy.

I use a Mac laptop too and it's been years since I was on a pc and get a little post and frustrated when I have to do something on my wife's laptop. Drives me nuts! Stupid thing! LMAO!!
Thats the only thing that annoys me on my S3. The stupid ring tones. I like the plain old 'ring'. But nothing an app didn't fix. But going from an iCrap phone to the S3 was a big leap forward. I'm just a hater of everything Apple period. I always laugh when I walk past the Apple store and there way more workers than customers.

I will admit though that I have not really played with an Android phone as I don't see the point? I don't want or need one so not really interested LOL. Use one and you might think differently.

growler2058
5th February 2013, 08:39 PM
Nup no jailbreak dunno what that is haven't looked at the link in the original post did it via an App and iTunes got a gazillion different ring tones

Winnie
5th February 2013, 08:39 PM
I bought an iPad about a month ago though and I love it. It's almost replaced my computer now, barely ever turn it on now.

taslucas
5th February 2013, 08:50 PM
I bought an iPad about a month ago though and I love it. It's almost replaced my computer now, barely ever turn it on now.

How many plugs does it have? (like USB, sd, hdmi, micro USB). What size memory? Can you expand it like other tablets?

FanTapstic!

BigRAWesty
5th February 2013, 08:52 PM

Android have a voice recognition. And its that cool we don't need a fancy name..
Ps, ours worked from v1.0

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Winnie
5th February 2013, 08:52 PM
How many plugs does it have? (like USB, sd, hdmi, micro USB). What size memory? Can you expand it like other tablets?

FanTapstic!

1, 16GB and NOPE! Hahaha all I use it for is browsing, tapping and playing a few games of solitaire so it's good for that. Although so is my phone?

taslucas
5th February 2013, 09:35 PM
My Xperia arc s phone has a hdmi outlet on it. Plugs straight into a tv and you can view your phone on the big screen in high definition. The phone is capable of taking true 3d images and when displayed on a 3d tv they look awesome.
If I plug my hdmi cable into a Sony bravia tv I can navigate my phone's pics, play pause fast forward rewind slow motion all of my videos, call people, type text msgs, use the browser all with the tv remote. AND NO APP NEEDED! NO JAIL BAIT NEEDED EITHER LOL.

FanTapstic!

Alitis007
5th February 2013, 09:41 PM
Remember guys, there is a thing called bluetooth , you can play your music in most cars as they have BT these days.

And which connector do the cars accommodate for the old or the new iOne....lol

A simple plug solves it from old connector to new.iPhone has BT aswell mate

It turned into android vs iPhone because us android users were trying to explain that many features jailbreaking opens up on iPhone are already present on android.

To set a ringtone on android, you just pick the song, DONE! You dont need to fill your phone with apps just to get basic features. (I don't really care about ringtones to be honest though)

As for the imessage, android syncs to Gmail, Google+ and Google messenger. Google messenger is just like imessage except you can have it on any device not just iPhone. So you can have your 4 way conversation with anyone not just iPhone owners.
All three are also synced to your computer through your gmail account so everything is viewable everywhere.

At the end of the day though, it's only worth having features if you use them so most people don't miss what they dont use regardless of the device.
Let us all hail our addictive smart phones! :-):-)

FanTapstic!

You need a third party inanimate plus so do your mates where i can send a TXT from my iPhone, iPod mac book and iPad just with wifi can you send txts's from you pc or tablet from your phone#???

IMO Jailbreaking is far from theft.......its turning a worthless piece of crap into something half usable *LMAO*

Now jailbroken iPhone can dl paid apps for free like the pirated ring tones you can get on the android.

Alitis007
5th February 2013, 09:46 PM
My Xperia arc s phone has a hdmi outlet on it. Plugs straight into a tv and you can view your phone on the big screen in high definition. The phone is capable of taking true 3d images and when displayed on a 3d tv they look awesome.
If I plug my hdmi cable into a Sony bravia tv I can navigate my phone's pics, play pause fast forward rewind slow motion all of my videos, call people, type text msgs, use the browser all with the tv remote. AND NO APP NEEDED! NO JAIL BAIT NEEDED EITHER LOL.

FanTapstic!

Yeh we call that AIR PLAY no cables needed just wifi!!

How many android phones here have ad viruses??? My mrs HTC got 1 within the first 6 months of having it!!

taslucas
5th February 2013, 10:02 PM

How many android phones here have ad viruses??? My mrs HTC got 1 within the first 6 months of having it!!

Nah never had a virus. So your iPhone can take true HD 3d without an app can it???? What megapixel camera are they up to now? 6? Lol.
More TVs on the market with hdmi ports than WiFi. I have watched with frustration as mates have tried to view videos from their iPhones to a tv. Always asking for the latest version of runtime to be installed. I Bluetooth a vid to an iPhone and it works, try bluetoothing back the other way and it asks ya to download a handful of apps and programs.......

Yeah you can get an adapter for the old port to fit the new but then the phone doesn't fit in any of its docks.

FanTapstic!

Clunk
5th February 2013, 10:18 PM
Ner Ner na Ner nerrrrrr

Alitis007
5th February 2013, 10:20 PM
Nah never had a virus. So your iPhone can take true HD 3d without an app can it???? What megapixel camera are they up to now? 6? Lol.
More TVs on the market with hdmi ports than WiFi. I have watched with frustration as mates have tried to view videos from their iPhones to a tv. Always asking for the latest version of runtime to be installed. I Bluetooth a vid to an iPhone and it works, try bluetoothing back the other way and it asks ya to download a handful of apps and programs.......

Yeah you can get an adapter for the old port to fit the new but then the phone doesn't fit in any of its docks.

FanTapstic!

No need to overdramatize it, its not that hard just takes a little effort and anyway what ever the android can do the iPhone has already done it !! Lol

Alitis007
5th February 2013, 10:21 PM
Oh and its got HDR and even if it was 2mega pixel they take top pics

MudRunnerTD
5th February 2013, 10:30 PM
Oh??? I didn't know you could buy a docking Port for an Android Phone?? Awesome!

So when I use my iPhone to control my Samsung LED LCD 3D TV from the couch, I can turn down the TV upstairs from downstairs if the kids have it up too loud.

Sounds great that you can sit in your lounge chair and run a HDMI cable from your phone across the floor to the TV and control stuff! WOW! So 1980s!!!

I can view my iPhoto album 7000pic on my TV. Any TV in the house actually. While I'm there I can watch any video too. Lol

The iPhone does ok.

Ned to check out these Android Docking stations!! They sound awesome!

Irvs
5th February 2013, 10:43 PM
Haha reminds me of that song. Anything you can do I can do better!

I'm in the android camp, Apples buisness model seems to be a solid one though you must admit, sell people a product thats been available for some time, market it with a snappy name.eg. Video Phone Calls (FaceTime), Voice Recognition (Siri), Online File Storage (iCloud).
Market it in a fashion that makes people think their lives would be so much richer for it and they will buy it. Then not use it.

I've never seen someone ask Siri anything useful, I've used video calls one time back before the iphone existed and really the main things people use are the same on every phone these days. Phone, Messages, Email, Internet and music.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Clunk
5th February 2013, 11:11 PM
Horses for courses I say...... apple brought out a very ingenious tool to start with...... someone else improved on it. Apple improved theirs, the opposition made theirs even better. Now add Windows 8 into the mix, been a long time in the making not had a chance to have a play with it yet but form what I've heard, both apple and android will need to up their game. If that's the case then Apple will struggle, android will get to grips with it quicker.......... and no doubt in a few years time the whole cycle will repeat itself....... Apple, then android, the Microsoft, etc etc etc

To tap, or not to tap: Well it's obviously tap because this is the signature hey!!!!!! Duh

MudRunnerTD
5th February 2013, 11:30 PM
Horses for courses I say...... apple brought out a very ingenious tool to start with...... someone else improved on it. Apple improved theirs, the opposition made theirs even better. Now add Windows 8 into the mix, been a long time in the making not had a chance to have a play with it yet but form what I've heard, both apple and android will need to up their game. If that's the case then Apple will struggle, android will get to grips with it quicker.......... and no doubt in a few years time the whole cycle will repeat itself....... Apple, then android, the Microsoft, etc etc etc

To tap, or not to tap: Well it's obviously tap because this is the signature hey!!!!!! Duh

Hi Clunk,

I am no expert on anything computers but use a Mac everyday and teh previews i have seen on Windows8 on TV are showing some of the fundamental options that i have had on my Mac for 7 years. Really! To be honest going to a Mac was not by choice but rather my Employer demands it. When i first got my Mac and started using it after being pc only i was amazed and some of the features of the operating system. I laughed at Windows sad attempts at trying to simulate what Mac already had and failed. I see with Interest that Window8 is finally able to stand beside a Mac. Interesting that there are True Parallels that i can now see. The iPhone v Android debate is at the same crossing.

The next year or two will certainly be an interesting time. Lets see if Apple go to the next lvel and Leave Windows in its wake after it has finally caught up??

Shame about that Virus thingady-bob though??? Android Smart phones have that too yes?

Clunk
5th February 2013, 11:40 PM
Hi Clunk,

I am no expert on anything computers but use a Mac everyday and teh previews i have seen on Windows8 on TV are showing some of the fundamental options that i have had on my Mac for 7 years. Really! To be honest going to a Mac was not by choice but rather my Employer demands it. When i first got my Mac and started using it after being pc only i was amazed and some of the features of the operating system. I laughed at Windows sad attempts at trying to simulate what Mac already had and failed. I see with Interest that Window8 is finally able to stand beside a Mac. Interesting that there are True Parallels that i can now see. The iPhone v Android debate is at the same crossing.

The next year or two will certainly be an interesting time. Lets see if Apple go to the next lvel and Leave Windows in its wake after it has finally caught up??

Shame about that Virus thingady-bob though??? Android Smart phones have that too yes?

I don't have a problem with apple products at all, I actually quite like them... well apart from not being able to expand memory and lack of ports etc etc. I just don't like apple as a company, then again, I'm not a big fan of Microsoft either but again forced to use it for work.......

As far as viruses, had my phone for 2 years, tablet for a year with no issues....... never had a virus on my computers either...... I'm careful like that you see lol

Moatmonster
6th February 2013, 03:58 AM

Never had any virus's at all. Nearly all my mates have androids and they have never had a virus.
How many Iphone 4,4S & 5 owners have shattered back covers or cracked front screens. Plenty from what I see.

Translated into Ozstryan by my Galaxy Note 2

taslucas
6th February 2013, 05:01 AM
Oh??? I didn't know you could buy a docking Port for an Android Phone?? Awesome!

So when I use my iPhone to control my Samsung LED LCD 3D TV from the couch, I can turn down the TV upstairs from downstairs if the kids have it up too loud.

Sounds great that you can sit in your lounge chair and run a HDMI cable from your phone across the floor to the TV and control stuff! WOW! So 1980s!!!

I can view my iPhoto album 7000pic on my TV. Any TV in the house actually. While I'm there I can watch any video too. Lol

The iPhone does ok.

Ned to check out these Android Docking stations!! They sound awesome!

Hey you can't praise the wireless connection of an iPhone to your tv, but then also praise that it has docking stations lol, one or the other MR.
And my android can wirelessly connect to any WiFi tv also, that is old news. The 1980s cord I was talking about is for non WiFi TVs. You see, iPhones and iPads have no plug in ports, therefore limited to wireless and WiFi, that's the point I was making. Great for in the future when they convince you to go to icloud or if your constantly wasting money updating to the latest technology but for now not quite as practical as they should be. Not everything is wireless (yet).
And the point wasn't that I can control my top of the range wireless 3d tv from my phone, it was that I can control my phone with the tv remote (so no cords across the floor there mate!) while accessing far superior video and photo quality. (and in the case of my Sony Ericsson, true 3d images)
So what megapixel are the iPhone's up to now?
Lol this argument could go on forever.
I think if you commit to Apple and have a range of devices etc then it's fine and works out great. But if you want more accessibility and a broader range of functions then android is better at this moment, until the next best thing.

Anyway, GQs are better than GUs!! Haha

FanTapstic!

taslucas
6th February 2013, 05:22 AM
Hahaha this thread is cracking me up:-P.
Just remember the original post though, "jailbreaking the iPhone 5".

FanTapstic!

growler2058
6th February 2013, 06:02 AM
And manuals are better than autos

taslucas
6th February 2013, 06:05 AM
And anything is better than vb

FanTapstic!

Moatmonster
6th February 2013, 06:15 AM
Hahaha this thread is cracking me up:-P.
Just remember the original post though, "jailbreaking the iPhone 5".

FanTapstic!

Lol, yeah it has gone a bit off topic.

Alitis007
6th February 2013, 07:09 AM
Androids lick bollocks!! Android users drink wine and have a pee, iPhone users drink beer and take a p!$$ !!! Just like GQ's want GU diffs and injector pumps for their aftermarket turbo's!!

Here we go again lol!!

taslucas
6th February 2013, 08:15 AM
Androids lick bollocks!! Android users drink wine and have a pee, iPhone users drink beer and take a p!$$ !!!

Here we go again lol!!

Hahaha low carb micro brewery metrosexual beer from the Apple shop maybe lol

FanTapstic!

Alitis007
6th February 2013, 08:48 AM
Hahaha low carb micro brewery metrosexual beer from the Apple shop maybe lol

FanTapstic!

Well it sure is stronger than cascade and that boags cats p!$$ stuff !! Lmao

taslucas
6th February 2013, 08:50 AM

Did suri tell you that?

FanTapstic!

Alitis007
6th February 2013, 08:53 AM
Did suri tell you that?

FanTapstic!

Nah Siri did bahahaha

BigRAWesty
6th February 2013, 09:52 AM
Never had any virus's at all. Nearly all my mates have androids and they have never had a virus.
How many Iphone 4,4S & 5 owners have shattered back covers or cracked front screens. Plenty from what I see.

More glitches on my iPhone than the HTC. But that's due to piss poor programing...

Android now has AVG software for free down load. Got mine setup for weekly scans of the device and updates.
Can't go wrong...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

taslucas
6th February 2013, 10:01 AM
More glitches on my iPhone than the HTC. But that's due to piss poor programing...

Android now has AVG software for free down load. Got mine setup for weekly scans of the device and updates.
Can't go wrong...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Yeah mine came with the option of two different virus software.

FanTapstic!

Stropp
6th February 2013, 10:24 AM
well me being an old computor trogledite, i won an ipad in a promo and found it so easy to use i bought an iphone as well, mind you as i said i am not the best with technology but apple does it for me :)

Moatmonster
6th February 2013, 04:24 PM

Oi!.... What's wrong with Tasmanian beer?

Alitis007
6th February 2013, 05:44 PM
Oi!.... What's wrong with Tasmanian beer?

Hahahahaa theres a thread somewhere on here explaining!! And you cant buy it at the Apple store!! PML

taslucas
7th February 2013, 06:54 AM
Hahahahaa theres a thread somewhere on here explaining!! And you cant buy it at the Apple store!! PML

I think you'll find that thread explains how good Tassie beer is:-)

FanTapstic!

Alitis007
7th February 2013, 08:58 AM
I think you'll find that thread explains how good Tassie beer is:-)

FanTapstic!

I see you have selective reading skills so i will explain, apart from every one slagging off VB its Melbourne's water that make our beer world class plus we don't have grown men swimming in our water supply so they can grow pubs lmao

taslucas
7th February 2013, 09:07 AM
I see you have selective reading skills so i will explain, apart from every one slagging off VB its Melbourne's water that make our beer world class plus we don't have grown men swimming in our water supply so they can grow pubs lmao

I'm confused? What part of the thread that slags off vb says that Tassie beer is bad??? Lol that's pretty selective!
When you find yourself next to a Tassie river you'll be enlightened:-)

FanTapstic!

Alitis007
7th February 2013, 09:30 AM
Not sure if we are thinking of the same thread but it was VB - WTF?? On tappa and don't know how post the link to here but any way, tassie rivers and enlightenment , your probably right but i would need to see for my self someday