PDA

View Full Version : Greeting from Ireland

stony
1st December 2010, 04:43 AM
Greetings lads and lassies on this forum. I'm located on the west coast of Ireland. You may have heard of The Burren. It a beautiful, wild, craggy rocky place. I am a mechanic and come to yourselves to increase my knowledge. Places like this can educate the mechanic through your collective experiences. So if you don't mind I will be surfing the site picking up nuggets and asking the odd question.
I will start now and ask is there a MAF sensor on a 93 2.8td. This car is dying of around 3500 rpm through the gears. I will have it shortly and intend to change the fuel filter and check the filter in the banjo inlet. Any other ideas would be welcome.

Again all the best and a happy Christmas to everyone.

Bellos
1st December 2010, 06:44 AM
Hi Stony welcome to the forum - seems to be a few Irish coming to these boards :)

Enjoy mate

stony
1st December 2010, 07:43 AM
Thanks mate perhaps we are hoping for a rub of your weather, we're snowbound at the moment -8 tonight.

AB
1st December 2010, 07:43 AM
Welcome to the forum Stony, good to have another mechanic on board.

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

stony
1st December 2010, 07:48 AM
Thanks AB
Never stop learning.

Bigrig
1st December 2010, 08:01 AM
G'day Stony - welcome aboard mate, plenty of useful information and great people on the forum, as well as a good laugh to be had ... got family in Sligo and Mayo so have been to Ireland a few times and know exactly what you mean by hoping the weather rubs off. Enjoy the forum mate.

stony
1st December 2010, 08:45 AM
Thanks Bud

DX grunt
1st December 2010, 11:24 PM
G'day Stony.

Welcome to the forum.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

stony
2nd December 2010, 09:41 PM
Tanx DX

Stony

big_fletch
2nd December 2010, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the forums mate:bigthumbup:

YNOT
2nd December 2010, 10:19 PM
Welcome to the forum Stony.

1993 RD28 had a straight mechanically controlled injector pump, so no MAF sensor.
Check the air filter. Try removing the exhaust before the first muffler and see if that makes a difference. If you have access to the right gear, I would be checking injector pump timing and fuel mixtures also.

Tony

Finly Owner
2nd December 2010, 10:21 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Stony. Bloody rain is making miserable over here, just missing the below zero factor.

Tim

Woof
3rd December 2010, 07:35 PM
Welcome Stony, enjoy the forum mate, photos, we love photos

Maxhead
4th December 2010, 10:24 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

lthall
5th December 2010, 04:39 PM
Hi stony, you have reminded me of something I should have in my car... Chains :) Summer here so I just didn't think of it.

patch697
8th December 2010, 01:09 PM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.