PDA

View Full Version : new member...oops forgot to introduce myself.

paula
30th November 2010, 09:51 PM
sorry all, I forgot to introduce myself. (totally new to forums and the like lol) My hubby Dave and I started out a couple of years ago with an old H60 series landcruiser. she was a real mess when we bought her and with a lot of love and TLC we turned her into an absolute beast. She now belongs to our son who loves four wheel driving as well. When we started looking for something newer, we straight away went for a patrol. we already knew how good they are cos we were lucky enough to have the use of one a few years ago. So, after some searching we found our 2002 model in Sydney. We had a wish list when we went looking and got the lot! Old man emu suspension, lift kit, winch, towbar, bullbar, side steps, dual battery, power windows, storage built into the back..... Drove to Sydney from Brisvegas to pick her up and have been really happy. As we want to make sure she stays in great nick, we are looking for someone reliable and cheaper than Nissan to do our services. Does anyone know of someone in the Brisbane Bayside area who they would be happy to recommend?

Finly Owner
30th November 2010, 10:06 PM
Hi Paula and Dave and welcome to Nissans Nut House. Thanks for great intro. When YNOT pops in he may know or BigRig of someone close to you. Where on Bayside are you. Todd will place on members map if you like(just suburb shows with user name). Great bunch on here, both sexes are members, and family friendly. Are you in any 4WD clubs?. We like pics here so when you are ready be nice to see your ride in members rides, if you do, blank out no plates for security.

Tim

paula
30th November 2010, 10:17 PM
Hey Tim, we are in Capalaba, so right next door to BigRig. We aren't in any clubs yet but would be interested in hooking up with someone local. No pics yet but we are going to Inskip Point at Christmas so should get some good ones then. Would it be bad form to show the cruiser as well? (LOL) We are really proud of what we did to her, and our son would be thrilled.

Finly Owner
30th November 2010, 10:22 PM
Hey Tim, we are in Capalaba, so right next door to BigRig. We aren't in any clubs yet but would be interested in hooking up with someone local. No pics yet but we are going to Inskip Point at Christmas so should get some good ones then. Would it be bad form to show the cruiser as well? (LOL) We are really proud of what we did to her, and our son would be thrilled.

we'll accept the cruiser photos as long as they are accompanied by the patrol. LOL
Pics don't have to be action shots, we're happy to see driveway shots to start.

Tim

paula
30th November 2010, 10:29 PM
Job done! LMAO

YNOT
30th November 2010, 10:46 PM
Welcome to the forum Paula.

AMMS have a full workshop down your way, specializing in 4WD's.

Tony

DX grunt
30th November 2010, 10:48 PM
G'day Paula.

Welcome to the forum.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

paula
30th November 2010, 10:53 PM
cheers Tony, much appreciated

Paula

paula
30th November 2010, 10:55 PM
Thanks Ross, I think we are going to like this forum! Lots of responses and I only joined two hours ago!!!

Paula

Finly Owner
30th November 2010, 11:07 PM
See Paula, I knew either Scott or Tony would come through for ya.

Tim

paula
30th November 2010, 11:45 PM
ya can't complain about the service, that's for sure

Paula

Bellos
1st December 2010, 06:51 AM
Welcome to the forum Paula

wildgu6
1st December 2010, 07:31 PM
Hey Paula Welcome to Trol town,
Good to see you on board the best forum around.
Heaps of handy information,Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge and experience with plenty of good advice.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Good work on the intro.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.

Cheers Pete

Woof
3rd December 2010, 08:18 PM
Welcome Paula and Dave, enjoy the forum both of you

NissanGQ4.2
3rd December 2010, 08:44 PM
Welcome Paula and Dave,

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing to help out where they can.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Will add you to the Goggle Earth members map, thank you for your location :)

Cheers

Todd

Maxhead
4th December 2010, 10:25 AM
Welcome Paula, enjoy

lthall
5th December 2010, 04:37 PM
Hi paula, I was looking at the kitted out option myself but couldn't find what I wanted so just went for a new one and a clean slate :)

patch697
8th December 2010, 01:09 PM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.