PDA

View Full Version : Hello. Peter with an ex Telstra Patrol

Sanpeter
2nd February 2013, 02:30 PM
Hi,
Travelling full time, bought 2000 Patrol from auction many years ago and have been pulling the caravan around Australia ever since. Just done 130,000kms since I bought it to give a total of 270,000kms. Do my own servicing by the side of the road.
Have had very few mechanical problems during this time.
I had the death wobbles at 80kmh and was searching the net for an answer and came across this forum and thought I would join.
Found the answer elsewhere by reducing the shims on the steering knuckle bearings which fixed it.
Another problem I had last year was, I thought, a flat battery which had been playing up. I was stuck by myself on top of Cape Range near Exmouth. Eventually getting a tow start from a passerby I removed the starter motor back at camp. The bearing had collapsed and wouldn't turn over. I drilled and ground a nut to a bush which replaced the bearing. A new starter from eBay arrived 2 weeks later, meanwhile the bush worked fine.

Peter

growler2058
2nd February 2013, 02:35 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

AB
2nd February 2013, 02:38 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Maxhead
2nd February 2013, 02:38 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum Peter

threedogs
2nd February 2013, 02:41 PM
hello and welcome Pete, plenty of tips and info here for you.
Jump in anytime and enjoy.

MEGOMONSTER
2nd February 2013, 02:54 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Cuppa
2nd February 2013, 03:12 PM
A big welcome Peter, from another ex Telstra owner. There's a few of us with 'pods' on here now. I plan to do as you are doing with mine in the future. Check here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?14114-Utes-with-camping-pods-Pics-only-please) &here (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?59-Ute-Tray-back-section) and post a few pics showing how you have yours laid out.

Regards
Cuppa

Bob
2nd February 2013, 03:14 PM
Welcome Peter and check out Cuppa's build up thread. He has done a great Job

my third 256
4th February 2013, 07:51 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

wildgu6
4th February 2013, 08:11 AM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TAPPN OUT

Bigrig
4th February 2013, 08:36 AM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

I'd Tap That!!

DX grunt
4th February 2013, 09:21 AM
G'day Peter

Welcome to the forum and glad you could join us.

I'm one of the Forum Few who have ex Telstra trucks, many of which are utes with pods on the back.

Take care out there.

Rossco

lorrieandjas
4th February 2013, 09:34 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a pretty self-sufficient rig there. Would be good to see some pics of the setup!

Jas

BigRAWesty
4th February 2013, 09:48 AM
Welcome mate. You sound a pretty cluey fella, smart thinking with the starter motor.
Jump in and enjoy.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Morton
10th February 2013, 09:48 PM
smart fella, welcome mate, enjoy the site, cya on the tracks sometime

wildcard
12th February 2013, 01:38 AM
welcome mate, enjoy the site. You will get some great Ideas here. kym

Sanpeter
13th February 2013, 12:02 AM
Thanks for all your welcomes. Been pretty busy this last week so haven't had a chance to check in.
Just rebuilding the caravan as its getting pretty tired. New bed, new fridge, new kitchen, new upholstery, new curtains, new 800w solar panels and batteries.
Then its onto the Patrol, gotta mount a canoe next to the tinnie somehow. i have an idea, hope it works.
Once finished its off to Ningaloo Station for 6 months, fishing, kitesurfing, diving, underwater photography and generally just sticking my head in the sand and let the world go by!
Have fun