stevogq
1st February 2013, 03:03 PM
Watch and Act
HARRIETVILLE - FEATHERTOP
Hotham Heights
Effective: 01/02/13 2:06 PM
Expires: 01/02/13 6:00 PM
Incident Information:
There is a large, slow moving bushfire in the Hotham Heights area.
Crews are working on containing spot fires at Hotham Heights.
This bushfire is approximately 5000 hectares in size and is out of control.
The Hotham Dinner Plain community meeting will be held at 3pm Saturday February 2 at Rundells Alpine Lodge Dinner Plain.
The Great Alpine Road is closed between Harrietville and Dinner Plain and the Dargo High Plains Road is closed.
What to do:
A fire is in the area, it may be close to you; follow your bushfire survival plan.
If you plan to leave or do not have a survival plan, leave now.
Turn on your vehicle headlights and drive slowly; smoke will make it difficult to see.
If you are away from home; do not return.
If time permits, check your neighbours to see if they are monitoring conditions.
If you are experiencing any symptoms that may be due to smoke exposure, the Department of Health advises people to seek medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024.
Additional Information:
For General Bushfire Information
Victorian Bushfire Information Line (VBIL) on freecall 1800 240 667 or www.cfa.vic.gov.au.

Stay Informed:
ABC Local Radio, commercial and designated community radio stations or watching Sky News TV.
Deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment can contact VBIL via the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677.
Road closures: Check www.vicroads.vic.gov.au
Tourists: Stay away from the listed areas.
For life or property threatening emergencies: Call 000

AB
1st February 2013, 03:15 PM
Shame, they must of missed the rain we had last night. First decent rain in 7 weeks!!!!

threedogs
1st February 2013, 04:05 PM
Jan rainfall for Vic was 7mm I think , one spot up Qld they got 1500mm for the month.
Mother nature doesn't play fair

healy
1st February 2013, 04:08 PM
That's no good this weather/ fires are starting to sh#t me

threedogs
1st February 2013, 04:25 PM
Plus the loss of lives, and the fact some stupid P^$#@ks are lighting them on purpose.
Suppose if your farm is going bad, start a fire for insurance, I don't know

stevogq
1st February 2013, 04:27 PM
Yep its a mental sickness
cheers stevo.