PDA

View Full Version : good news Y61 lovers

hekarewe
30th January 2013, 04:06 PM
stopped by the nissan deelership in bundanba this morning to enquire on a couple of biot n pieces for my Y61.

whilst there i had noticed they have reintorduced the nissan pulsar to replace the tiida again as the tiida did nto take of as well as the pulsar had.. (dont worry i am getting to the piont!!:smileyvault-cute-bi)

during the cause of the convo with the sales member we got onto the subject of the Y62 and how dumb nissan are to design such a soft roader and call it patrol. to my pleasent supprise he told me in no uncertian terms that nissan had no intention of stopping the Y61 production and that they were going to sell both Y61 and Y62 parralle to each other.

reason being is they are aiming the petrol ONLY powered Y62 at the upper market ie those who would buy a 200 series LC or rangie. starting price for the base model Y62 is about $88K almost twice the price of a DX Y61 so in short we will have the Y61 in diesel for a few years yet as they dont want to loose the real $WD market but at the same time capturing their share of the soft turac tractor market with the Y62.

"good news i said!" i said "now why hasnt nissan told the public that as most of us are upset at the though of loosing such a good 4wd of the market"

hope this puts a smile on a few faces as i was starting think of what would i buy if my Y61 dies or passes its used by date????? a wrangler?????? OMG who said that!!!!:210:

threedogs
30th January 2013, 04:18 PM
Yeah, the same as you can still buy the Navara D22. they'll continue with the Y61

Maxhead
30th January 2013, 04:31 PM
Nissan were always going to keep the Y61 and introduce the Y62 to compete with the LC. I'm not sure about the soft roader bit as this thing will be bullet proof....It already proven itself overseas as a tough truck...We'll soon find out I suppose, but I know its not in everyones taste.

Winnie
30th January 2013, 04:32 PM
Nissan were always going to keep the Y61 and introduce the Y62 to compete with the LC. I'm not sure about the soft roader bit as this thing will be bullet proof....It already proven itself overseas as a tough truck...We'll soon find out I suppose, but I know its not in everyones taste.

You be trading in the GU then?

Bloodyaussie
30th January 2013, 04:35 PM
So I can put my gun away... I dont have to shoot myself then!!!!!!

Shut up Poo!!!!

Maxhead
30th January 2013, 04:38 PM
I just hope it stands up to my hype...lololol She'll be right mate.. Not sure many will be able to afford it straight off :(

MEGOMONSTER
30th January 2013, 08:00 PM
What about a Y61 with a 6.6 lt Twin turbo diesel Japanese yank tank.

megatexture
30th January 2013, 08:20 PM
I'm sure they had announced that ages ago hek well at least I was told lol but with the new fancy hydrolic thingamybob suspension I don't see it being an easy mod to lift the y62 like the old coil/shock set ups ill never buy one myself i think they look like a polished turd

nissannewby
30th January 2013, 09:39 PM
Yeah it was announced a while back. They still need a diesel variant to be competitive with toyota and the Y62 is the comp for the 200 series. I was at the nissan dealer also today and they had 2 of the new Y62's there and I think they are ugly lol.

megatexture
30th January 2013, 09:54 PM
It's mainly the back I hate and not a fan of the under slung wheel