PDA

View Full Version : Roo systems vs steinbauer/taipan or beaudesert

Patrol94
30th January 2013, 03:29 PM
Hi all

Looking at getting a exhaust and chip put on my 2011 3.0 crd patrol ute. Think ill go the exhaust to start with then chip. Looked at the roo systems 3" with there chip looks pretty good or if I should go proven brands like steinbauer and beaudesert exhaust.. Just want something that will be the best for my engine and not want to damage it? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated cheers

nissannewby
30th January 2013, 03:41 PM
Beaudesert 2 3/4" system seems to get the best out of CRD motors. As for a chip you want something that can tune the injection timing and duration, this style one will plug into each injector and not just the fuel rail.

MEGOMONSTER
30th January 2013, 04:14 PM
I went with DPchip and 3" Taipan exhaust.

Lonicus
30th January 2013, 05:05 PM
I went with the Beaudesert 2.75" exhaust first up and I'm very happy with the improvement to the way the car performs. I'll definitely chip it later, when $$ allow, but for now it's a great first step.

oncedisturbed
30th January 2013, 10:09 PM
Also have a look at the No Limits chips on fleabay - from memory they are 150 delivered from Germany and lots of people are using them and have had good results

grimace
30th January 2013, 10:15 PM
i have both the steinbuaer and the beaudesert 2 3/4 zorst would have been happy with just the exhaust but i bought the chip first, i can't say the chip makes a huge amount of difference but the exhaust system really makes a big difference. as for the roo systems package i believe they work with the safety parameters of the engine and if i had my time again i would go with the roo systems match tuned package. hope this is of some help cheers.....

megatexture
30th January 2013, 10:27 PM
i just see something dodgy with the advertizing of the roosystems lol im just waiting to see them throw in a steak knives with ea purchase lol

oncedisturbed
30th January 2013, 11:13 PM
i just see something dodgy with the advertizing of the roosystems lol im just waiting to see them throw in a steak knives with ea purchase lol

do you want fries with that?

WogsRus
31st January 2013, 06:46 AM
I can't recommend Steinbauer enough, transformed my mates car like non other. See my post about the whole thing on here

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?17625-STEINBAUER-Performance-chips-explained.-One-Anally-retentive-engineer-found-out.

Franki
1st February 2013, 12:07 PM
Ive gone Taipan 3" vortex system and chip. Made a huge difference but tuned to the highest safe limit.

Choicebro
14th February 2013, 01:17 PM
I had the Roo sytems chip and exhaust fiited just before chrissy. Went to Vic high country towing an off road trailer and am very happy with the performance side of it. Hasn't made much difference in the fuel consumption as far as i can tell but that might be have something to do with the right boot. With this package i got a free winch whic cost bloody plenty to have them install(so not really free) but i don't like it. To hard to get to the disengage handle and even though it has wirless remote if i need to use the cable remote you have to get under the truck to hook it up. Pointless. Sorry bit of a rant happening.

mudski
14th February 2013, 05:33 PM
On the zorst side of things. I will upset the apple cart here. Get the cheapest, as long as its the same specs. I.e Mandrel bent, hi-flow METALLIC cat, NOT CERAMIC. Don't worry about stainless or aluminised steel. Mild steel is all that is needed for a diesel. Its no race car or show pony....O'h and size is your preference.