PDA

View Full Version : TMcGee

TMcGee
30th January 2013, 01:36 PM
Hi ALL, I am new to the forum and need some advice, I own a very standard, except for lift kit and shocks, 2001 GU 3 L diesel patrol I bought new in 2001, 285,000KM a bit tired and constantly losing water and leaking oil. I have the car booked in to get the head pulled off and refreshed. I also want them to look at the turbo and maybe service or replace. I have heard that the Navara turbo is a good replacement for the older series 2 turbos or do I put a later series turbo on the car. If anyone has advice it would be appreciated, also what else should I get done while they have the head off. Although I have heard of blown engines / turbos and gearboxes, I have never had any of these major problems with the car in all the time I have had it. I live in NT but the heat has not worried it, I have towed camper trailers and boats and stay out of fifth until around 100K. I was going to sell and buy a Prado but I like my Nissan so intend to spend a bit on it and keep it. Advice appreciated.......