PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Townsville

cueldee
30th January 2013, 01:31 PM
I don't know why I haven't joined the forum earlier as I've had my 1982 SWB 24v SD33 MQ for seven odd years now. Apparently the vehicle was bought new by the original owner down south who intended to the the around-Australia trip in his retirement but only got as far as Townsville when cancer ended their dream. It was bought by a fellow employee who maintained it fastidiously until I bought it off him in '04 with 211km on the clock. It's currently showing 281km and I've had good service out of her. I acquired a rusted out 1985 SD33T vehicle and had great plans of changing over the motor/power steering etc, but in fact only changed the 4 speed box for the 5 speed box. That was a great improvement as she now cruises at 100kph effortlessly and has increased my range on a tank of fuel from 500k to 600k. I consistenly get 8.5km to the litre, which isn't too bad for a heavy six cylinder diesel.
The only other thing I would like to get my hands on is the fuel pump controller, as mine has given up the ghost and like everyone else in the same boat I now use a choke cable to the fuel pump to stop the motor. However, if anyone has a spare (not very likely!) let me know.
I'm currently looking at the possibility of installing at a PWR engine oil cooler as the vehicle seems to be running a little on the warm side in our current weather, and my wife Kim and I are looking at using the MQ as a tow vehicle for a camper trailer or a pop-up in the near future, so the engine will no doubt be working a little harder, and hotter. Has anyone on the forum had any experience in this area? From what I know so far, it would seem that I'll have to source an oil filter adapter to be able to tap the auxillary oil cooler hoses into the filter housing. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Anyway, that's it for the moment.

Cheers, John R

growler2058
30th January 2013, 01:35 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

Bloodyaussie
30th January 2013, 01:38 PM
Welcome aboard mate.............................

Bigrig
30th January 2013, 01:38 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

I'd Tap That!!

Maxhead
30th January 2013, 01:40 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

lorrieandjas
30th January 2013, 01:51 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum. Great bunch of people on here and heaps of tips and advice to be had!

Jas

AB
30th January 2013, 01:54 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, you should get a better response if you ask questions in a different section as a lot of people don't read the introductions bit.

threedogs
30th January 2013, 02:05 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

healy
30th January 2013, 02:05 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Dhuck
30th January 2013, 02:40 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

MEGOMONSTER
30th January 2013, 04:16 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Morton
30th January 2013, 05:49 PM
enjoy the forum bud, cya on the tracks sometime

wildgu6
31st January 2013, 06:04 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete