PDA

View Full Version : TMcGee

TMcGee
30th January 2013, 12:50 PM
Hi ALL, I am new to the forum and need some advice, I own a 2001 GU 2 TDI patrol I bought new in 2001 285,000KM and a bit tired and constantly losing water. I have the car booked in to get the head pulled off and refreshed. I also want them to look at the turbo and maybe service or replace. I have heard that the Navara turbo is a good replacement for the older series 2 turbos or do I put a later series turbo on the car. If anynoe has advice it would be appreciated, also what else should I get done while they have the head off. I have never had any major problems with the car in all the time I have had it.

growler2058
30th January 2013, 01:07 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

healy
30th January 2013, 01:32 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bigrig
30th January 2013, 01:33 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

I'd Tap That!!

Maxhead
30th January 2013, 01:35 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Bloodyaussie
30th January 2013, 01:37 PM
Welcome aboard mate........................

threedogs
30th January 2013, 02:17 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum, heaps of tips and ibfo here for you,
Jump in anytime and enjoy

lorrieandjas
30th January 2013, 02:25 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum.

Jas

Dhuck
30th January 2013, 02:39 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

MEGOMONSTER
30th January 2013, 04:17 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

BigRAWesty
30th January 2013, 05:10 PM
Welcome mate. Best throw your question up in the appropriate sub forum as ppl do skim over the intros.

Bit what else should you do??? :cool: how deep are your pockets?
Performance cam, oversize valves, ported, straight threw 3" exhaust, chip it..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Morton
30th January 2013, 05:50 PM
enjoy the forum bud, cya on the tracks sometime

Morton
30th January 2013, 05:51 PM
enjoy the forum bud, cya on the tracks sometime

wildgu6
31st January 2013, 06:06 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people
Your not from the wimmera by any chance ????

Enjoy, cheers Pete

TMcGee
1st February 2013, 01:50 PM
Thanks to everyone, the patrol went in today, sad but good, cannot wait to get it back. My mechanic sounds like he knows a bit or if he does'nt he is prepared to ask around, just doing a refresh on the head and turbo at this stage plus injectors. We just move to Darwin from Katherine and still getting to know the ropes here. Thanks again.