PDA

View Full Version : GQ RD28t heating issues towing

trailblaze_6.1
29th January 2013, 04:49 PM
Hi Guys, having a few issues with my Patrol over last 3 months. The temp gauge is reaching just under first Hot line intermidently not every trip. I tow a boat just under 2 tonne and have been for two years without any issues temp always sat just under half way. Lately it has been climbing just under hot and i have done everything to try and resolve the issue.

Thermostat changed
Radiator reconditioned + New Hoses
New Water Pump
Engine Coolant Temp Sensor
Removed clutch fan put 2 thermo fans

Bled the air and driving around without towing no problem at all, even some trips towing it does not heat up. Seems to be on way back from trips and i am not losing water to say that it is head gasket as i would think it would be happeinng all time if it was head gasket, drove 2 hrs on weekend to holiday house no prob but on way home 30 mins in to drive started heating and thermos were working flat stick.

Before i spend more money buying a TK Head check, even though i don't think it is head is there anything else which i can check? ANy advise or recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

healy
29th January 2013, 04:52 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

MEGOMONSTER
29th January 2013, 04:55 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

threedogs
29th January 2013, 04:55 PM
Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Maxhead
30th January 2013, 08:45 AM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
30th January 2013, 09:03 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard gotta friendly mob here fulla great info and advice

Sent from the crapper while on tappa

lorrieandjas
30th January 2013, 09:16 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum. Great bunch of people on here and heaps of tips and advice to be had! If you post your question in the relevant section you will get more replies as not everyone reads the Intro's section.

Jas

Morton
30th January 2013, 05:55 PM
enjoy the forum bud, cya on the tracks sometime

Dhuck
30th January 2013, 06:41 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Bigrig
30th January 2013, 10:20 PM
G'day mate and welcome aboard - great people, information and laughs to be found on here, so join in to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy!!

I'd Tap That!!

wildgu6
31st January 2013, 06:10 PM
G'day buddy, Welcome aboard.
Great bunch here with tons of advice, info, adventures and plenty of laughs to absorb.
Join in and soak it all up. You will meet some top people

Enjoy, cheers Pete

peric77
13th February 2014, 09:57 PM
I have the same problem but recently my hub has stuffed up on my fan and now its really sucking the air and keeping the temps down but its using to much fuel and noisy. thinking of going thermos.

Did you sort out your problem if so, what did you do?

kettle
14th February 2014, 10:51 AM
Welcome aboard, I hope someone can assist you with your heating problem

PMC
16th February 2014, 02:13 PM
Hi Guys, having a few issues with my Patrol over last 3 months. The temp gauge is reaching just under first Hot line intermidently not every trip. I tow a boat just under 2 tonne and have been for two years without any issues temp always sat just under half way. Lately it has been climbing just under hot and i have done everything to try and resolve the issue.

Thermostat changed
Radiator reconditioned + New Hoses
New Water Pump
Engine Coolant Temp Sensor
Removed clutch fan put 2 thermo fans

Bled the air and driving around without towing no problem at all, even some trips towing it does not heat up. Seems to be on way back from trips and i am not losing water to say that it is head gasket as i would think it would be happeinng all time if it was head gasket, drove 2 hrs on weekend to holiday house no prob but on way home 30 mins in to drive started heating and thermos were working flat stick.

Before i spend more money buying a TK Head check, even though i don't think it is head is there anything else which i can check? ANy advise or recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

G’day trailblaze,

Welcome aboard mate! I hope you enjoy your stay with this great forum and its members!

PS, Shite-loads of info and good laughs to be had all-round!

Regards,

RLI

Timmo
18th February 2014, 09:33 PM
welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy.

LaurelTurboDiesel
22nd February 2014, 11:56 AM
Enjoy! You will defently get answears on this forum!

my third 256
23rd February 2014, 09:05 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen