PDA

View Full Version : Engine came on

Trolling82
28th January 2013, 09:05 PM
Hi guys great work went driving on some trails was behind my mate a lot of dust good day but
Diving home today over took some cars hit 120 (never been over 110) the engine light came on pulled over turned truck of for 5 min light off on the way home got new air filter and MAF cleaner too
Filter was real dirty cleaned the sensor took and I drained the fuel filter too will keep an eye on it
Dose anyone have an idea what would cause it too come on made me so sick as I love my truck so much my first one
Thanks for any help

threedogs
28th January 2013, 09:23 PM
I'm thinking dirty fuel filter if it was engine light.
What condition is alternator in???

Trolling82
28th January 2013, 09:27 PM
Thanks threedogs
was thinking the same I put a fuel cleaner in on the way home and got a new filter was going to let the cleaner work through before changing it

Trolling82
28th January 2013, 09:29 PM
Alternator is ok never had the problem before

happygu
28th January 2013, 09:40 PM
I have had the check engine light come on a couple of times after stalling it, and then doing a quick re-start.

Generally, if the light comes on and goes off next time you start the car, I wouldn't be overly worried.

If it stays on, or comes on regularly, then you need to find out why.....

Trolling82
28th January 2013, 09:46 PM
Cheers it was good all day driving then I gased it to over take then it came on maybe sucked a bit of dirt in the fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morton
29th January 2013, 09:02 AM
had the same problem tappn 120kph after a play, was the alternator clutch, it was seizing up, causing a bit of an overheating issue that went unnoticed, this caused the engine light to come on, wasnt hard to sort in the end, new alternator

Trolling82
29th January 2013, 09:04 AM
Cheers Morton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk