PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Patrol in 2012/13 with Eclipse SatNav (Beware)

Symmo
27th January 2013, 03:44 PM
Hi guys,

Thought this should get more attention than what it has for owners of 2012/13 Patrols that have factory/dealer fitted Eclipse SatNav. Maps provided are 2010 and Nissan/dealerships have refused to provide updated versions of the maps, which I find very disappointing.

Schanmala started the thread version-of-maps-Eclipse-avn827ga-GU8 (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15058-GPS-version-of-maps-Eclipse-avn827ga-GU8) which is worth a read for all owners and potential buyers of the Nissan Patrol 2012 Simpson Ed and TI, that has the Eclipse SatNav fitted by the dealership.

Please have a read, and if it affects you, please pressure your Nissan dealership to provide the current version of maps and let us know how you get on. Schanmala also pointed out that if you brought the unit direct from Eclipse you get 3yrs map updates. However through the Nissan dealership and their marketing ploy/scam, you get outdated maps and no upgrades.

Thanks to all, and hope you can find the time to pressure your dealership and Nissan.

Stropp
27th January 2013, 11:45 PM
Symmo I would be onto accc straight away as they have a duty of disclosure to let you know that the maps are not current, you cannot sell something as a 2013 when components or software are outdated, get onto them and put the pressure on Nissan mate don't give up

Symmo
29th January 2013, 08:58 AM
Hey Stropp,

Have sent a complaint to ACCC, they will respond within 28 days. Will see how far I get with this option and will update this forum accordingly. I was going to give up after the Department of Fair Trading failed to motivate Nissan, but it is just the principle of the matter that rankles my ire.

Stropp
29th January 2013, 12:32 PM
tottaly agree mate when you something you need to get uptodate programs not old out of date crap. Goodluck

Symmo
13th February 2013, 06:31 PM
The response from ACCC is to take it up with Consumer, Trader and Tenancy Tribunal (CTTT). Unfortunately we are moving to Darwin in a couple of weeks and will not be able to attend a tribunal hearing, and there is also a cost involved (not sure what it is). Not worth the hassle, will stick with the Garmin.

jack
13th February 2013, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the effort with following this up Symmo, agree not worth chasing.

DX grunt
13th February 2013, 09:41 PM
What about a video conference? Even Skype as a last resort?

Personally, I'd be pushing it. You paid top coin!

Talking of coin, that was my 2c worth.

Rossco

NP99
13th February 2013, 11:37 PM
Normally these types of costs are minimal and you may be able to claim against the respondent. I'd stick it up em!

Pepper
15th February 2013, 10:06 AM
from my experience the matter is heard where the matter is lodged,eg i lodged a complaint in illawarra court house re a person that was in cowra he was denied permission to move the proceedings and it was heard in the illawarra.also took action against a sydney company from the illawarra,they also had to travel to the illawarra to defend the case.....both lost..

florussem
24th February 2013, 02:20 PM
Not sure about national dealerships but these things are usually state based, but that said, i have had a good number of successful outcomes from dealings interstate.

florussem
24th February 2013, 02:21 PM
Its almost civic duty to bring these scams to some form of moral justice.